Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Great win for Glenn tonight in Saval. Credit the lads who have really stepped up as a team. We always find it hard to beat Saval. Glenn kept them to one point in second half. Some win.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Leftmidfield

CPN drew with Burren tonight. Point could have won. At least twice as many sides as Burren. Burren equalized with last minute free kick. Controversial to say the least

general

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on April 15, 2019, 10:33:55 PM
Great win for Glenn tonight in Saval. Credit the lads who have really stepped up as a team. We always find it hard to beat Saval. Glenn kept them to one point in second half. Some win.

Glenn were certainly well worth their win! Jack McCartan is something else! Matty bagnall did ok :)

terrifictommy

Surely Glenn would be clear favourites for that game?

Square Ball

Is the draw for the championship this Thursday
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hedgehunter

Quote from: terrifictommy on April 16, 2019, 08:51:35 PM

For what game?? Saval?? It could be 20+ years from Glenn have beaten Saval in Saval and managing this without Niall McParland the 2 Millars,Denis Murtagh and more is some achievement. Credit where it's due to the players and management who have started the season extremely well. But tougher tasks lie ahead no doubt.

general

Quote from: Hedgehunter on April 16, 2019, 11:28:19 PM

For what game?? Saval?? It could be 20+ years from Glenn have beaten Saval in Saval and managing this without Niall McParland the 2 Millars,Denis Murtagh and more is some achievement. Credit where it's due to the players and management who have started the season extremely well. But tougher tasks lie ahead no doubt.

Be worrying if there wasnt tougher tasks ahead. Saval average at best - far too reliant on Pat

KeyboardWarrior645

Will these lads be back later in the year??? Otherwise you can't say they were without them. Saval could say they were without Niall madine etc. In that case

outinfront

If they weren't playing in the match then they were without them surely?

Think I've maybe missed the point?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: KeyboardWarrior645 on April 17, 2019, 02:09:48 PM

Will these lads be back later in the year??? Otherwise you can't say they were without them. Saval could say they were without Niall madine etc. In that case

McParland is due back at the end of May I believe as for the others I'm not sure.

terrifictommy

Quote from: outinfront on April 17, 2019, 02:21:41 PM
If they weren't playing in the match then they were without them surely?

Think I've maybe missed the point?

The point is that they aren't just injured or suspended and available for the next game. They aren't there for the medium future. Lots of teams can add who they don't have due to various reasons - most commonly people moving away.

Cuan12

Warrenpoint beat again, what's happening Smurfy

Smurfy123

Beat by a good team. We were robbed on Monday. I said it before the best team I seen last year was Mayobridge. They were the most exciting team i seen. We are not up to the standards of last year. But maybe someone realises that the league doesn't matter

Smurfy123

And that defeat was without
Ciaran McCartan who has returned from cork
Patrick Murdock
Ryan Mallon
Joe Magee
Aaron Magee
Cormac McCartan
John Boyle
We struggle as it is but without these men we are pretty average.

elk

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 21, 2019, 01:54:44 AM
And that defeat was without
Ciaran McCartan who has returned from cork
Patrick Murdock
Ryan Mallon
Joe Magee
Aaron Magee
Cormac McCartan
John Boyle
We struggle as it is but without these men we are pretty average.
You don't rate the 15 that fielded for you then