Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 26, 2018, 10:03:13 AM
Quiet in here, United must have won.

A great result especially considering United were behind, our record after going behind is poor especially against good opposition.

A poor 1st half but better in the 2nd half, Martial woeful but better from Lukaku, his goalscoring record in big games doesn't worry me its his performances.

A big improvement from Matic yesterday as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GJL on February 26, 2018, 10:22:52 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 26, 2018, 10:03:13 AM
Quiet in here, United must have won.

A great result especially considering United were behind, our record after going behind is poor especially against good opposition.

A poor 1st half but better in the 2nd half, Martial woeful but better from Lukaku, his goalscoring record in big games doesn't worry me its his performances.

A big improvement from Matic yesterday as well.

His note from Jose after the second goal must have been, "slow the play, go down with an injury, start a bit of pushing about" carried it out well i thought
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Lets hope it wasn't just Matic lifting his game against his former employers.

Cunny Funt

Good win for United yesterday and an important win to keep a gap from the dreaded 5th place in the table. To come back from a goal against a good team like Chelsea is not easy done which was helped in no small part by Lukaku who had a long overdue good game against a top 5 side. One side note DeGea wasn't at his best yesterday could have done better on the goal and fumbled a few shots, very unusual from him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 26, 2018, 02:23:04 PM
Good win for United yesterday and an important win to keep a gap from the dreaded 5th place in the table. To come back from a goal against a good team like Chelsea is not easy done which was helped in no small part by Lukaku who had a long overdue good game against a top 5 side. One side note DeGea wasn't at his best yesterday could have done better on the goal and fumbled a few shots, very unusual from him.

On the goal that Chelsea got, it flew past him like a rocket to be fair, yes some sort of strong body connection would have deflected it but it was past him before he tried
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

On the goal that Chelsea got, it flew past him like a rocket to be fair, yes some sort of strong body connection would have deflected it but it was past him before he tried

Yes, I think people are being harsh on him. He's got cat-like reflexes, but no one could have reacted in time to stop that. Positioning-wise, he was moving back across from the centre and had to set himself quickly as Willian came onto the ball. I think people are expecting miracles every time.

From a Liverpool perspective, it does show United can be got at on the fast break, assuming Mourinho allows them to come out and play at home.  :P

NAG1

Quote from: J70 on February 26, 2018, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

Yes, I think people are being harsh on him. He's got cat-like reflexes, but no one could have reacted in time to stop that. Positioning-wise, he was moving back across from the centre and had to set himself quickly as Willian came onto the ball. I think people are expecting miracles every time.

From a Liverpool perspective, it does show United can be got at on the fast break, assuming Mourinho allows them to come out and play at home.  :P

If you watched the first half of the game, the tactics havent changed much home or away, JM had them set up to hit on the break, soak up the pressure and then counter attack. So I cant see deviating from this for Liverpool especially now because it worked for him. To have the likes of Lingard to spring from the bench and his ability to change games is a big plus.

Maroon Manc

Lingard again did well, its a shame Martial won't replicate the way Lingard moves creating space for others.

I don't know if it was mentioned as I didn't see any analysis of the game but what was Valencia doing for their goal, its not the first time he's dropped far too deep; Looked like if he was inline with the other defender than William would have been offside.

Another important game next Monday, hopefully if City beat Chelsea we'd have the chance to go 9 points clear of them with 9 games to go.

TabClear

Interesting article on Gary Nevilles's business interests. Shrewd operator.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43229602

Maroon Manc

Quote from: TabClear on March 01, 2018, 08:14:55 AM

Creating plenty of enemies along the way, I have no idea how he's got planning for his development in the City Centre although it doesn't a genius to work out whats gone on. As for the Uni and the knock on affect my local council are coming in for plenty of criticism and rightly so. Gary been as arrogant as ever doesn't understand why people are so annoyed with him.

JohnDenver

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 01, 2018, 10:10:36 AM

Creating plenty of enemies along the way, I have no idea how he's got planning for his development in the City Centre although it doesn't a genius to work out whats gone on. As for the Uni and the knock on affect my local council are coming in for plenty of criticism and rightly so. Gary been as arrogant as ever doesn't understand why people are so annoyed with him.

The likes of this quote below certainly doesn't help with regards to meeting people from the retirement accommodation that objected to his plans

"They are nervous about noise and light pollution. I am going to sit down and have some cake with them, and discuss things in two weeks' time,"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JohnDenver on March 01, 2018, 11:48:48 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 01, 2018, 10:10:36 AM

The likes of this quote below certainly doesn't help with regards to meeting people from the retirement accommodation that objected to his plans

"They are nervous about noise and light pollution. I am going to sit down and have some cake with them, and discuss things in two weeks' time,"

Noise pollution? 95% over the age of 65 struggle with hear and their sight wouldnt be great either, cake would be bad also with diabetes high in old people and most don't have any teeth..

I jest of course, any other buisness man who makes this happen, you wouldnt hear a thing, poor Gary

Cunny Funt

Same as the last away game for Man United with the less talented team winning because they are working harder. Pogba a bit of a joke in that half, getting knocked over or eased off the ball by players half his size and forever trying the Hollywood pass instead of a simple pass.

Square Ball

More rubbish from a poor Utd team. Pass pass pass, pass back, pass sidewards 3 times, pass pass pass, give ball away. Repeat.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

paddyjohn

Utd are a joke. Liverpool will take 3/4 off them on Saturday! Pogba is a waste of a jersey.