Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 06:51:22 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 23, 2018, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 03:26:28 PM
I find it incredible that Jose is singled out for spending big when Pep has assembled the worth of two or three extremely expensive world class forward lines across town. Football at the top level is about spending big, that is the cost of admission to the big boy club.

Yeah strange that the media are picking on the manager who is the guts of 20 points off the pace and not the manager that is playing
exciting football and running away with the league.  ::)

And how a manager of spurs and Liverpool who are further behind, plus worse off goal difference are loved! Though I do like those managers
Jose is a w**ker so of course he is a focus.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2018, 07:44:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 06:51:22 PM
I find it incredible that Jose is singled out for spending big when Pep has assembled the worth of two or three extremely expensive world class forward lines across town. Football at the top level is about spending big, that is the cost of admission to the big boy club.

Yeah strange that the media are picking on the manager who is the guts of 20 points off the pace and not the manager that is playing

And how a manager of spurs and Liverpool who are further behind, plus worse off goal difference are loved! Though I do like those managers
Jose is a w**ker so of course he is a focus.

It's only football, keep your pants on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

One inherited a team that had already won two titles recently with many key members still at or near their playing peaks. What Jose found, when he arrived at United, was a mess due to late era Fergie batshit planning and two poor managers. Not even close to like-for-like.

How many members of the City 13-14 squad are still involved - Silva and Fernandino?? Kompany has been a bit part player this season.
Pep has rebuilt the squad. Yes he's spent a lot but unlike Mourinho's scatter gun approach to transfers he's identified what he needed
and bought accordingly. Think most United fans realise at this stage that Jose is a self serving chancer. If he's still there past this summer I'd be amazed.

Milltown Row2

Slow news day on Mersey side
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

LVG's approach could be described as scattergun, but not Jose's. Pogba hasn't hit the heights but he has been a key element to Utd as the W/L record with and without him in the team shows, Lindelof is as of yet unproven and will be a different player next season, and the only real flop has been Mkhitaryan. He has bought 3/4 players each window that strengthened the team, preferring to spend on quality rather than quantity.

Minder

It's all a big commie media conspiracy
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

"He can't score in big games". 💪🏻💪🏻

GJL

Decent performance and brilliant result. Takes a bit of the top 4 pressure off and should boost the team's confidence. Lukaku was immense.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 23, 2018, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 05:19:32 PM

One inherited a team that had already won two titles recently with many key members still at or near their playing peaks. What Jose found, when he arrived at United, was a mess due to late era Fergie batshit planning and two poor managers. Not even close to like-for-like.

How many members of the City 13-14 squad are still involved - Silva and Fernandino?? Kompany has been a bit part player this season.
Pep has rebuilt the squad. Yes he's spent a lot but unlike Mourinho's scatter gun approach to transfers he's identified what he needed
and bought accordingly. Think most United fans realise at this stage that Jose is a self serving chancer. If he's still there past this summer I'd be amazed.

Still key members by the looks of it

magpie seanie

Quote from: GJL on February 25, 2018, 04:56:02 PM
Decent performance and brilliant result. Takes a bit of the top 4 pressure off and should boost the team's confidence. Lukaku was immense.

Happy for Lukaku. I've a feeling Ibrahimovic's imminent return hit Lukaku's confidence but he looks to be rolling now. He just needs to cut loose and let his athleticism and power do the damage it always threatens to. Like a lot of the team he appears shackled at times but today was a lot better. Sanchez good today too. And Lingard's goal record in big games is unreal. I remember people questioning LVG's sanity when he put him in the team....at least he got that one right.

screenexile

Decent Sunday's entertainment  a bit like a normal Sunday at the club where the reserves are the first match on before the Seniors appear and you see some proper football! 😀😀

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: screenexile on February 25, 2018, 07:30:37 PM
Decent Sunday's entertainment  a bit like a normal Sunday at the club where the reserves are the first match on before the Seniors appear and you see some proper football! 😀😀

;D ;D youre naw bad at this chap. Few boys round here could take note of your work  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 25, 2018, 07:45:28 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 25, 2018, 07:30:37 PM

;D ;D youre naw bad at this chap. Few boys round here could take note of your work  ;)

Nearly as bad as watching Derry I'd assume

magpie seanie

Sevilla hammered 5-2 at home yesterday by Atletico. Got 2 goals in the last 5 minutes but we already 5-0 down.

Maroon Manc

Quiet in here, United must have won.

A great result especially considering United were behind, our record after going behind is poor especially against good opposition.

A poor 1st half but better in the 2nd half, Martial woeful but better from Lukaku, his goalscoring record in big games doesn't worry me its his performances.