China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on November 27, 2020, 02:58:34 PM
So for the 26 is looks like:

Tuesday 1 December - everything open apart from pubs and restaurants
Monday 7 December - restaurants and gastropubs allowed open
Household gatherings will only be permitted from 18 December to 3 January but certain restrictions (i.e. there'll be a max number)

So it looks like "wet" pubs won't be allowed open at all!
And the term "gastropubs" has only come into this conversation in recent days. I haven't seen it confirmed but it appears "gastropub" may mean a chef has to be on site, so no bringing grub in from the chipper next door, etc.

This seems really harsh on publicans.

I can understand the need for precaution, especially when it comes to alcohol, but I'd also let's treat everyone like adults and ask them to be responsible.

I haven't seen any talk of an alcohol curfew in Ireland, but I think early closing would help reduce infractions. I would be strongly in favour of opening pubs in a controlled environment, table service only, max of 6 (or even 4) per table, masks to be worn when you get up from the table, distances between tables, sanitisers available, last orders 10pm.

I think the argument that people will go to house parties when they leave the pub is very weak. The vast majority of people have no interest in house parties in the current climate, and those that do will be more likely to attend parties if the pubs are closed.

Whats the story with hotels?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Blowitupref

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 27, 2020, 03:51:52 PM

Household gatherings will only be permitted from 18 December to 3 January but certain restrictions (i.e. there'll be a max number)

And the term "gastropubs" has only come into this conversation in recent days. I haven't seen it confirmed but it appears "gastropub" may mean a chef has to be on site, so no bringing grub in from the chipper next door, etc.

I can understand the need for precaution, especially when it comes to alcohol, but I'd also let's treat everyone like adults and ask them to be responsible.

I haven't seen any talk of an alcohol curfew in Ireland, but I think early closing would help reduce infractions. I would be strongly in favour of opening pubs in a controlled environment, table service only, max of 6 (or even 4) per table, masks to be worn when you get up from the table, distances between tables, sanitisers available, last orders 10pm.

I think the argument that people will go to house parties when they leave the pub is very weak. The vast majority of people have no interest in house parties in the current climate, and those that do will be more likely to attend parties if the pubs are closed.

Reopens December 4th

Bottom in the 7 day European table now.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on November 27, 2020, 01:09:15 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 27, 2020, 10:56:00 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 27, 2020, 09:52:37 AM
Yes, are we happy to accept that 350k for the sake of these two weeks are still allowed to betray the concept of the lockdown?

It will basically undermine the whole principal surely.

Anything remaining open reduces the effectiveness of the lockdown. However, other places, including the 26 counties have signficantly reduced their rates while keeping schools open.

I'd say schools vary greatly in their efforts, if every school was as good as the best school in its hygiene then things might do rightly.

Sure blame the schools, what about transport too and from, I have seen buses where even the driver isn't wearing a mask.

Bus driver is behind a screen, you'd have seen that if you'd have actually been looking
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 27, 2020, 05:20:25 PM

Reopens December 4th

Well done ROI . Great leadership from government

Blowitupref

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 27, 2020, 06:16:50 PM

Reopens December 4th

I'd give the most credit to the people, alot of sacrifices made and at a time when most were already covid fatigued.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 27, 2020, 07:01:03 PM

Reopens December 4th

I'd give the most credit to the people, alot of sacrifices made and at a time when most were already covid fatigued.

Aye but you need proper direction and organisation, don't be disingenuous

armaghniac

There is endless whining in some quarters. However, I think their timing is fairly sound, they put on the brakes in October and now we can speed up a bit coming into the Xmas. The health service is operational, the schools carried on throughout, there is a certain amount of compensation for affected sectors. There isn't much more that you can do. Let's see if they can keep the R around 1 so that subsequent increased restrictions are not needed before the vaccine cuts in.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2020, 05:33:29 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 27, 2020, 01:09:15 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 27, 2020, 10:56:00 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 27, 2020, 09:52:37 AM
Yes, are we happy to accept that 350k for the sake of these two weeks are still allowed to betray the concept of the lockdown?

It will basically undermine the whole principal surely.

Anything remaining open reduces the effectiveness of the lockdown. However, other places, including the 26 counties have signficantly reduced their rates while keeping schools open.

I'd say schools vary greatly in their efforts, if every school was as good as the best school in its hygiene then things might do rightly.

Sure blame the schools, what about transport too and from, I have seen buses where even the driver isn't wearing a mask.

Bus driver is behind a screen, you'd have seen that if you'd have actually been looking

everyone should be wearing a mask in public at all times,

it's to show that you acknowledge the severity of the situation and care for the plight of others less fortunate,

if we could all do that one simple thing,

hardly that big an ask  ::)

Milltown Row2

You think the bus service is not following the rules?

What about the head screens that people wear?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The face shields are widely regarded as being pretty much useless...

imtommygunn

315 cases today but from 5.5k tests. Other days were 400ish from 10k.

Smurfy123

351 cases only 4500 tests
22 days ago 420 cases from 8000 tests
Lockdown doesn't seem to be having much affect

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI. Good progress made this week and one of the main reasons why restrictions will be lifted from Tuesday.

Cases 1830 (792 less cases than last week)
Reported Deaths 31 (14 less than last week)

In hospital 257 (25 less than last week)
In ICU 30 (1 less than last week)

armaghniac

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 29, 2020, 04:11:56 PM
351 cases only 4500 tests
22 days ago 420 cases from 8000 tests
Lockdown doesn't seem to be having much affect

How could it, there has been feck all lockdown in the 6 counties in the last week?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

That's my point
Why not lockdown last week?