Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 12, 2019, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on March 12, 2019, 05:21:11 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 12, 2019, 11:37:01 AM
Are many of ye coming down to Dublin this Saturday?
Wedding  :'(
I'm washing my hair.

How's the hair washing going? You're missing some night out.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on March 16, 2019, 07:06:26 PM
McShane taking frees - why? He took one against Monaghan as well.

Every score matters playing the Dubs FFS.

Whatever about him kicking the frees, he's having a great game tonight.
That was never a square ball!!

Puckoon

Granted - super game. Credit where it's due!

Doesn't negate the argument for some free taking consistency when every point matters and that maybe that's not his forte.

RedHand88

In hiding

skeog

Some display tonight good to give the Dubs something to think about.

rrhf

Most enjoyable and positive Tyrone game in years. Pleasure to be there tonight. Well done team and management

omagh_gael

Hampsey's ball into McShane was absolutely beautiful!

Jim Bob

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 16, 2019, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 12, 2019, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on March 12, 2019, 05:21:11 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on March 12, 2019, 11:37:01 AM
Are many of ye coming down to Dublin this Saturday?
Wedding  :'(
I'm washing my hair.

How's the hair washing going? You're missing some night out.

He's got a Bobby Charlton flip over. Takes him all evening to set the strands equal distance apart so he doesn't look ridiculous when it's dried out.

An Watcher

Great to get the win last night but I just saw the Dublin goal.  Dublin forward just ran past our last man back.  Took me back to the whacking we got in the semi final a few years back. The least he could have done was to give away a free.   

BennyHarp

Quote from: An Watcher on March 17, 2019, 07:51:10 AM
Great to get the win last night but I just saw the Dublin goal.  Dublin forward just ran past our last man back.  Took me back to the whacking we got in the semi final a few years back. The least he could have done was to give away a free.

That's one way of looking at. The other way is to look at the way we responded to the goal compared to our previous meetings and the fact that they didn't really create to many other goal scoring chances, bar the save by Morgan just before half time. Even down to 14 men we were able to cause them problems and at the same time keep them at arms length. I don't for one minute think that when the dust settles, the Dubs will be too bothered about losing last night but for us and our belief in how we have adapted our game, this was a huge win.
That was never a square ball!!

skeog

GetOverTheBar

Didn't see that result coming last night - had Tyrone on the scrapheap.

However, whomever has convinced Harte to get them to kick the ball in - please stay forever, it was genuinely great to watch. So intelligent - not all the passes were killer but some were just smart use of the inside mark.

Some of the guys I've questioned on this board were really, really impressive - Cathal McShane and Ritchie Donnelly obviously showed up to the fore so fair play to them.

Morgan was very impressive and Matty Donnelly too.

That said, Dublin are well undercooked. It will be a very different animal in a few months.

southtyronegael

Quote from: skeog on March 17, 2019, 10:03:59 AM
Is STG in hiding.
why would I be in hiding? Great to see Tyrone play the football we know they are capable of. Pity it took so long for the penny to drop with harte but better late than never I guess.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 17, 2019, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: skeog on March 17, 2019, 10:03:59 AM
Is STG in hiding.
why would I be in hiding? Great to see Tyrone play the football we know they are capable of. Pity it took so long for the penny to drop with harte but better late than never I guess.

They caught Dublin out last night, probably caught us all out - the test will be if they kick if next weekend v Galway now there is a slight something on the line.