Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneillcup2007

Errigal and Carmen appeals were defeated on Tuesday according to Ulster Herald, and subsequently Dromore were awarded league title.  As far as I was concerned they won it outright on Saturday.  What is this about..   

winghalfun

Talking to some Pomeroy people, they can't understand why Jarlath Quinn was not a nominee. Apparently his contributuion to their senior survival was a lot to do with his contribution.

oneillcup2007

Quinn has always been a good footballer and hard as nails.  Niall Mc ginn I have heard is the top scorer in Tyrone this year and will be close, in a year where Tyrone corner forwards have been notable by their absence of form.

hows she cutting

did Quinn win a hogan cup medal with Dungannon Acadamey?

snappiered

Yeah Quinn did win a Hogan cup medal partnering Conall Martin from Eglish in Mid Field with a 16 year old Kevin Coary wearing 10 and Brian Mc Guigan wearing 11.
Anybody any word of the trials last night? Who impressed when panel being announced?

hows she cutting

Quote from: snappiered on November 16, 2006, 02:12:42 PM
Yeah Quinn did win a Hogan cup medal partnering Conall Martin from Eglish in Mid Field with a 16 year old Kevin Coary wearing 10 and Brian Mc Guigan wearing 11.
Anybody any word of the trials last night? Who impressed when panel being announced?

have you got the full ine out for that final?

Gabriel_Hurl

There was a few Coalisland lads on the team that year - Lyons, Thornton off the top of my head

EC Unique

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on November 16, 2006, 12:28:40 PM
Errigal and Carmen appeals were defeated on Tuesday according to Ulster Herald, and subsequently Dromore were awarded league title.  As far as I was concerned they won it outright on Saturday.  What is this about..   

I think Errigal have more important things to worry about this week ::)

hows she cutting

i see the enniskillen appeal is to be heard on Saturday.

Surely this will be thrown out

sam03/05

not got full line up for that Hogan final but off head some of those involved were
Ciaran Gourley, Paul McGurk (captain), Marty Early, Richard Thornton, Brian McGuigan, Conal Martin, Jarleth Quinn, Ciarnan O Hagan....
I remember they met st pats in the macrory final captained by Cormac McAnallen

oneillcup2007

I think Errigal have more important things to worry about this week ::)

EC unique.  I would like to think they do, and I would agree wholeheartedly that the appeals procedure is very much abused by some clubs Enniskillen, Carmen and yourselves included?  Its not nice being a totally innocent club sitting in the background as Errigal are, only finding out the night before whether you are playing / not playing a match just is the pits.  I just wish there was more goodwill / sportsmanship to let people finish their seasons / competitions, obviously the league and now the Ulster Club championship.   Beyond this I wish you luck and will be 100% behind Errigal and the rest of the Tyrone representatives,  I do however think you will have trouble with this Ballinderry side.   But the errigal defence above all else has impressed me this year.  Messrs Muldoon and Gilligan et all will have a tight nut to crack there, Im sure all of Tyrone would wish you the same (except maybe the Balinderry ones)

EC Unique

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on November 16, 2006, 05:46:27 PM

Beyond this I wish you luck and will be 100% behind Errigal and the rest of the Tyrone representatives,  I do however think you will have trouble with this Ballinderry side.   But the errigal defence above all else has impressed me this year.  Messrs Muldoon and Gilligan et all will have a tight nut to crack there, Im sure all of Tyrone would wish you the same (except maybe the Balinderry ones)

;D Thanks for your good wishes 8)

loughshore lad

Well folks
Lurked round the board for a while now found it an excellent source of information for all the happenings in the GAA world and decided to register following the move.
Errigal will really have their hands full on Sunday have seen both teams a few times this season and to be honest Ballinderry are the most impressive outfit I have seen all year - strong almost in every sector. I would fancy them to win it however O'Rourke is a shrewd operator who knows Ballinderry inside out, Errigal will not fear Ballinderry after defeating them in 02 and then of course there is PTG - with him on the pitch anything is possible.

ONeill

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 16, 2006, 04:27:22 PM
There was a few Coalisland lads on the team that year - Lyons, Thornton off the top of my head

S Donaghy,
C Gourley, P McGurk (capt), C O'Hagan,
J McGeough, C McGeown, G Hetherington,
C Martin, J Quinn,
D Somerville, B McGuigan (0-1), K Coary(0-1),
M Rea, R Thornton (1-0), M Early (1-7)

Subs B Early for Hetherington (47min), N Quinn for M Rea (51 mins), W Lyons for McGeough (59mins)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Strabane have shown plenty of balls coming back from that double blow from Derrylaughan.

As for Errigal on Sunday, I'll be mightily surprised if they defeat Ballinderry. They've shown their age on a few occasions but still managed to eek out a narrow victory. The Derry side might be one obstacle too far. However, if they somehow find a new lease of life, the sky will be the limit in what maybe Peter's swansong season in the inter-county arena.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.