Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan Laurel

Quote from: Whishtup on July 09, 2018, 08:35:08 AM
If you were to look at this objectively, Tyrone are in the perfect place as far as building towards a grandstand finish to the championship goes.  Laboured early in the league and finished well when the pressure was on to survive.  Laboured early in the championship but seem to be physically in the and mentally in the right place to peak for July/August.

I would say the same of Monaghan and maybe Kildare.  The rest are unknowns.  Could we have Dublin/Kerry failing to qualify?

No.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 11:34:49 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 08, 2018, 11:30:00 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 11:26:39 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 08, 2018, 11:17:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 11:14:07 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 11:03:24 PM
Yes, our arrogance is intact, and bejaysus without it we'd have won nothing-- suffice it to say that, thon arrogance notwithstanding, should we fail to beat the Rossies next day out, then we can kiss all 2018 aspirations goodbye.

No condescension, just hard, unforgiving reality.

I don't think arrogance is the right attitude for Tyrone at the moment. Last year it built up into a big fall.  Also in the league the mojo was absent until mid February.
I think this was on RTE  : "the ability to mix your game and ask a variety of questions of opponents is what sets the very best teams apart". That might justify arrogance. But Tyrone are not there yet. 

I agree about losing to the Rossies and the implications.

Tyrone arent All Ireland material. Might beat Roscommon and have  a chance against Donegal now that McBrearty is out but not within a country mile of Dublin or Kerry. Doubt if they would Galway either.

Take your relentless negativity and shove it up you know where! You know, this sort of shite polluted my mind long before you ever saw a ball, longballin.  >:(

Tell you what we'll revisit this in three weeks and see. Last year was similar abuse when peeps said Dublin would beat Tyrone and we saw how that went.. but sure you're the expert.

Aye, keep your wise counsel until then, and I'll raise a jar to you. One thing I won't be engaging in is this self-flagellating self-submissive crap -- spare me those details, please.

Exactly, Tyrone played the roll over and get your belly tickled role for most of my early time following them to Croke Park or to play any Southern team- now we go to play them with our chests puffed out expecting to turn them over and they don't like it. We heard all that negative stuff for far too long, God knows I was the most pessimistic Tyrone fan during the 1980s and 90s and was proved right nearly all the time. Its no skill to claim that your team is going to get beaten at some point ffs. Enjoy these days when we are competing there or there abouts and don't sniff at big victories over the likes of Cork, regardless of how bad they may be. In fact, look at them and think what you can easily become if you take your eye off the ball.
That's fair enough

I just don't like the way they play the game

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 04:06:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 04:06:01 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on July 08, 2018, 03:52:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 03:01:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 02:57:24 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

I don't think you believe what you type.

Galway seem to be the best team around at moving the ball sideways at the minute. You seem to be projecting a little too much, is it the impending fear of Croke Park that's causing you to lash out?

nonsense, sorry seafoid (note to self: as Gaeilge, as fecking Gaeilge ;) ), is simply exercising his anti-Tír Eoghain compulsive obsessive disorder (total COD), pay no heed :)

Bomber is a dose.

Meanwhile

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-orourke-this-is-the-end-of-mayo-as-we-have-known-them-37068850.html

"Nobody will want to meet Tyrone but there should be a health warning with their matches.

The standard was not good but it looks as if Tyrone are bound for the Super 8. However, they were quite sloppy and are still a bit behind the top sides. They have not changed from last year when their style was picked apart by Dublin."

Tyrone should do what the Galway hurlers did in 2011. Drop the chokers and start to build a culture of winners.

If that's the blueprint then why did Galway footballers go down the route of getting a Tyrone man in to train them how to play like Tyrone. At least it seems to be improving them anyhow.

t's holding them back, Galway are a much better side when they let loose a bit. Looking to Tyrone to progress won't get them anywhere. At the very top, that style of play has been made defunct by the Dubs.

Don't be replying to that animal and giving him the oxygen he craves. Makes the good Tyrone posters look very bad by attaching himself to their cause.

Post reported.

Irony.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 09, 2018, 08:53:29 AM
Yes, our arrogance is intact, and bejaysus without it we'd have won nothing-- suffice it to say that, thon arrogance notwithstanding, should we fail to beat the Rossies next day out, then we can kiss all 2018 aspirations goodbye.

I don't think arrogance is the right attitude for Tyrone at the moment. Last year it built up into a big fall.  Also in the league the mojo was absent until mid February.
I think this was on RTE  : "the ability to mix your game and ask a variety of questions of opponents is what sets the very best teams apart". That might justify arrogance. But Tyrone are not there yet. 

Tyrone arent All Ireland material. Might beat Roscommon and have  a chance against Donegal now that McBrearty is out but not within a country mile of Dublin or Kerry. Doubt if they would Galway either.

Take your relentless negativity and shove it up you know where! You know, this sort of shite polluted my mind long before you ever saw a ball, longballin.  >:(

Tell you what we'll revisit this in three weeks and see. Last year was similar abuse when peeps said Dublin would beat Tyrone and we saw how that went.. but sure you're the expert.

Aye, keep your wise counsel until then, and I'll raise a jar to you. One thing I won't be engaging in is this self-flagellating self-submissive crap -- spare me those details, please.

Exactly, Tyrone played the roll over and get your belly tickled role for most of my early time following them to Croke Park or to play any Southern team- now we go to play them with our chests puffed out expecting to turn them over and they don't like it. We heard all that negative stuff for far too long, God knows I was the most pessimistic Tyrone fan during the 1980s and 90s and was proved right nearly all the time. Its no skill to claim that your team is going to get beaten at some point ffs. Enjoy these days when we are competing there or there abouts and don't sniff at big victories over the likes of Cork, regardless of how bad they may be. In fact, look at them and think what you can easily become if you take your eye off the ball.
That's fair enough

When you look at a performance like yesterday when they score 3:20 (against an admittedly very poor Cork side) and tear them apart going forward, kicking some very nice scores, what exactly is it you dont like?
Is it just the fact they dont kick the ball enough?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 09, 2018, 10:05:57 AM

That's fair enough

When you look at a performance like yesterday when they score 3:20 (against an admittedly very poor Cork side) and tear them apart going forward, kicking some very nice scores, what exactly is it you dont like?
Tyrone can beat disorganised teams 'til the cows come home.
but they haven't been able to beat the decent teams for a few years.
And that is partly down to their style. Or maybe it is the same problem that Martin O'Neill has.
Something is not working.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: seafoid on July 09, 2018, 10:12:39 AM

That's fair enough

And that is partly down to their style. Or maybe it is the same problem that Martin O'Neill has.

Thats fair enough comment.
But i dont see much difference in the way Tyrone played and what they did to cork yesterday, to what Dublin regularly do to poor teams in Leinster and get eulogised for.

Tougher tests lie ahead, and ultimately thats what this Tyrone team will be judged on.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

Lads we need to stick together and beat these bastids. They gave us Percy French who gave us 'Who Said the Hook Never Hurted the Worms?', though the Mountains of Mourne wasn't too bad.

Show no weakness.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

reddgnhand

That's fair enough

Thats a fair point. How many goalscoring opportunities have they missed this year. As if it hasnt been highlighted in the past. The decision making of certain players Meyler and McShane in particular is awful. This has been obvious for a while. Is the management able to fix these problems?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Stan Laurel on July 09, 2018, 08:39:22 AM
Quote from: Whishtup on July 09, 2018, 08:35:08 AM
If you were to look at this objectively, Tyrone are in the perfect place as far as building towards a grandstand finish to the championship goes.  Laboured early in the league and finished well when the pressure was on to survive.  Laboured early in the championship but seem to be physically in the and mentally in the right place to peak for July/August.

I would say the same of Monaghan and maybe Kildare.  The rest are unknowns.  Could we have Dublin/Kerry failing to qualify?

No.

Kerry have a very young team and are untested. At some point this year a team is going to get in their faces and ask these young lads questions that they never faced at underage - I suspect Galway will do that and we'll see what these young lads are made of. If Kerry are heading to Clones in round 2 needing a win to keep their Championship ambitions alive then I wouldn't be putting too much money on them. Dublin however will stroll through.
That was never a square ball!!

weareros

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2018, 10:54:32 AM
Lads we need to stick together and beat these bastids. They gave us Percy French who gave us 'Who Said the Hook Never Hurted the Worms?', though the Mountains of Mourne wasn't too bad.

Show no weakness.

Well we Rossies need to do it for Percy. He gave his life writing lovely songs about Ulster counties, tried to bring a bit of culture yere way. In return ye sent down Nathan Carter to terrorise us.

reddgnhand

Quote from: weareros on July 09, 2018, 11:33:43 AM

Show no weakness.

Well we Rossies need to do it for Percy. He gave his life writing lovely songs about Ulster counties, tried to bring a bit of culture yere way. In return ye sent down Nathan Carter to terrorise us.

We done nothing of the sort.Sure isnt he from Liverpool?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Can't argue with that, however, we'll find out very soon what's working and what's not at the business end of 2018.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 09, 2018, 11:37:43 AM
Quote from: weareros on July 09, 2018, 11:33:43 AM

Show no weakness.

We done nothing of the sort.Sure isnt he from Liverpool?

A ha....but they've displayed a frailty now. Pity game wasn't in Omagh. Could have Wagon Wheeled the fcuk outta them in the changing rooms.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Mickey is probably searching Facebook for our players' wives and girlfriends names as we speak.

Rossfan

Surely a super orthodox Catholic isn't thinking of breaking the 6th Commandment  :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM