Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baggio90

Quote from: Gael85 on July 08, 2018, 11:26:00 AM
Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 12:19:28 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2018, 12:16:38 AM
I presume they bet Monaghan out the gate.... ;D

To be fair to Monaghan, they have managed a couple of victories in Championship matches in Croke Park in the past 17 years. Am I correct in saying Mayo are the only side in Connacht to win a Championship match in Croke Park since Sligo beat Tyrone in 2002?

Correct

That's pretty shocking, particularly for Galway. You'd wonder where Seafoid gets his arrogance from when Galway are presiding over a record like that.

seafoid

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 08, 2018, 11:05:00 AM
Tyrone will devour Roscommon.
They didn't get out of 2nd gear yesterday to beat Cork.

6+ points win.
How many gears do Tyrone have other than neutral?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baggio90

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 12:13:01 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 08, 2018, 11:05:00 AM
Tyrone will devour Roscommon.
They didn't get out of 2nd gear yesterday to beat Cork.

6+ points win.
How many gears do Tyrone have other than neutral?

Enough gears to win a Championship game at Croke Park anyway.

nrico2006

Happy enough to get Roscommon first. Good to have a handy game before the real stuff starts.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Orchard park

Jaysus lads stop trying to taunt Syferus with cheap taunts

seafoid

Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 12:05:00 PM

To be fair to Monaghan, they have managed a couple of victories in Championship matches in Croke Park in the past 17 years. Am I correct in saying Mayo are the only side in Connacht to win a Championship match in Croke Park since Sligo beat Tyrone in 2002?

Correct

That's pretty shocking, particularly for Galway. You'd wonder where Seafoid gets his arrogance from when Galway are presiding over a record like that.

Sure we have the hurling to glory in while the footballers prepare for the summit.
17 years of mediocrity is nothing iin the big picture. Galway's. first all Ireland was 1925, 78 years before Tyrone''s first Sam.

Baggio90

Quote from: Orchard park on July 08, 2018, 01:12:45 PM
Jaysus lads stop trying to taunt Syferus with cheap taunts

Taunts?

I've only referenced a body of empirical evidence. If he's taunted by the truth then that's his problem.

Baggio90

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 01:13:35 PM
Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 12:05:00 PM

Correct

Sure we have the hurling to glory in while the footballers prepare for the summit.
17 years of mediocrity is nothing iin the big picture. Galway's. first all Ireland was 1925, 78 years before Tyrone''s first Sam.

17 years and counting.

You must be confused however as there is a separate hurling forum if you want to discuss hurling. The Galway football side's recent record at Croke Park is embarrassing for a county of their tradition and playing numbers.

1925? There's not many living people that will remember that. You seem to have an obsession with Tyrone that sates your need to deflect from your own county.

Orchard park

Baggio, the only question  for Tyrone ovrr the last 9 years is when you run out of road...

You are I no position to slag off other teams who haven't hit the summit yet...

I hope it's next weekend, not sure we are good enough bug it certainly won't be fear of Tyrone  that will hold the Rossies back...... if we're not good enough I'll be first to acknowledge it esp if ye play better football....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Paddy Power has Tír Eoghain @ 4-9, and Ros @ 9-4, which isn't too far away I'd say. Sure knock yourselves out Rossies. ;) :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Baggio90

Quote from: Orchard park on July 08, 2018, 01:39:28 PM
Baggio, the only question  for Tyrone ovrr the last 9 years is when you run out of road...

I hope it's next weekend, not sure we are good enough bug it certainly won't be fear of Tyrone  that will hold the Rossies back...... if we're not good enough I'll be first to acknowledge it esp if ye play better football....

I'm aware of it.

Seafoid loves to talk about Tyrone and not his own county.

We're a better team than Roscommon so I expect us to win, naturally - that's not arrogance.

seafoid

Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

I'm aware of it.

We're a better team than Roscommon so I expect us to win, naturally - that's not arrogance.
What do you think about young mcInerney at CHB Bombio?

I dunno if Tyrone are better than Ros  McStay is a better manager for a start.
Ros have better forwards.
However Tyrone are better at moving the ball sideways
#Jaysus

Baggio90

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2018, 02:19:16 PM
Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

I'm aware of it.

What do you think about young mcInerney at CHB Bombio?

I dunno if Tyrone are better than Ros  McStay is a better manager for a start.
Ros have better forwards.
However Tyrone are better at moving the ball sideways
#Jaysus

I don't think you believe what you type.

Galway seem to be the best team around at moving the ball sideways at the minute. You seem to be projecting a little too much, is it the impending fear of Croke Park that's causing you to lash out?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

Galway seem to be the best team around at moving the ball sideways at the minute. You seem to be projecting a little too much, is it the impending fear of Croke Park that's causing you to lash out?

nonsense, sorry seafoid (note to self: as Gaeilge, as fecking Gaeilge ;) ), is simply exercising his anti-Tír Eoghain compulsive obsessive disorder (total COD), pay no heed :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 08, 2018, 02:49:30 PM
Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

nonsense, sorry seafoid (note to self: as Gaeilge, as fecking Gaeilge ;) ), is simply exercising his anti-Tír Eoghain compulsive obsessive disorder (total COD), pay no heed :)

Bomber is a dose.

Meanwhile

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/colm-orourke-this-is-the-end-of-mayo-as-we-have-known-them-37068850.html

"Nobody will want to meet Tyrone but there should be a health warning with their matches.

The standard was not good but it looks as if Tyrone are bound for the Super 8. However, they were quite sloppy and are still a bit behind the top sides. They have not changed from last year when their style was picked apart by Dublin."

Tyrone should do what the Galway hurlers did in 2011. Drop the chokers and start to build a culture of winners.