Cavan v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 25, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

Quote from: Itchy on June 30, 2018, 10:33:27 PM
Tyrone much the better team but I'm afraid no where close to all Ireland contenders. Cavan need a new manager. They just looked like they have gone back 5 years in my eyes. It was sheer effort from individuals that kept them in games. Far from the clever masterstroke the bluffers on the Sunday game claim, playing Sean Johnston around the middle is just pure stupid as he has no legs for it. Losing Clarke to injury was a big blow too.

Thought you were just worried about someone having a peddle in the street?

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on June 30, 2018, 10:42:41 PM
Mcveety a class act, but if we can get our two star forwards back and make the super 8s then anything can happen. With mayo out I'm sure there is more shocks to come yet. Winning while playing poorly is a sign of a good team
Our 2 star forwards ?
At inter county level Bradley is good, Brennan is decent. You probably think Mc Aliskey is star quality too. Winning while playing poorly is also a sign of a team who maybe arent top quality

redzone

Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 09:16:55 AM
Mcveety a class act, but if we can get our two star forwards back and make the super 8s then anything can happen. With mayo out I'm sure there is more shocks to come yet. Winning while playing poorly is a sign of a good team
Our 2 star forwards ?
At inter county level Bradley is good, Brennan is decent. You probably think Mc Aliskey is star quality too. Winning while playing poorly is also a sign of a team who maybe arent top quality
Who would you say our star forwards are then?

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2018, 10:41:32 AM
Our 2 star forwards ?
My definition of star forwards in the country would included Paul Geaney, Paddy Mc Brearty and not many others. Tyrone dont have anyone of that standard. Not many counties do tbf

redzone

Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 10:50:04 AM
Our 2 star forwards ?
My definition of star forwards in the country would included Paul Geaney, Paddy Mc Brearty and not many others. Tyrone dont have anyone of that standard. Not many counties do tbf
That doesn't make sense to me. Every county team has a star forward or two. Whether it be macky/ mcceety for Cavan or quiqley/ Corrigan for Fermanagh. Just cause they aren't at mcbearty and geaneys level doesn't mean they haven't got that star quality.

Dire Ear

How many Tyrone forwards would get on the Kerry team?

redzone

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 01, 2018, 11:07:53 AM
Who are the Kerry forwards, their team has changed a bit I think

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2018, 11:06:06 AM
Our 2 star forwards ?
That doesn't make sense to me. Every county team has a star forward or two. Whether it be macky/ mcceety for Cavan or quiqley/ Corrigan for Fermanagh. Just cause they aren't at mcbearty and geaneys level doesn't mean they haven't got that star quality.
You talk about star forwards as if Tyrone have forwards who will come into the team and make a huge difference. They havent. Imo the best option to make a difference in a tight game is Ronan O Neill. Ronan does seem to be more effective coming on as a sub though

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: In hiding on July 01, 2018, 11:19:04 AM
Ronan does seem to be more effective coming on as a sub though

How can you tell while Harte ignores him in his team selections and holds him for cameo appearances rather than giving him a long run as an established forward like he did with Mark Bradley.

In hiding

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 01, 2018, 11:24:35 AM
Ronan does seem to be more effective coming on as a sub though

How can you tell while Harte ignores him in his team selections and holds him for cameo appearances rather than giving him a long run as an established forward like he did with Mark Bradley.
True,

redzone

Quote from: redzone on July 01, 2018, 11:06:06 AM
Our 2 star forwards ?
You talk about star forwards as if Tyrone have forwards who will come into the team and make a huge difference. They havent. Imo the best option to make a difference in a tight game is Ronan O Neill. Ronan does seem to be more effective coming on as a sub though

100% right on oneill. He's proved he's best in the last 10 min when he can get us a few scores rather than be on from the start and lose his confidence when he can't win a ball.
Amazed on your opinions on bradley and lee and I think it's more a case of rather admit defeat in the argument you'd rather make yourselves look like a fella who is a bit jealous of his killyclogher neighbour

RedHand88

Brennan, mcaliskey, Sludden. Maybe Bradley on a good day.

In hiding

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 01, 2018, 11:55:17 AM

Brennan, mcaliskey, Sludden. Maybe Bradley on a good day.
;D ;D ;D
Geaney O Donoghue and Clifford and you would have Brennan Mc Aliskey and Bradley starting...
The gift that keeps on giving

skeog

In hiding

[Quote from: In hiding on February 01, 2018, 07:44:57 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 01, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
Quote from: In hiding on February 01, 2018, 09:56:26 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 01, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Quote from: In hiding on January 31, 2018, 11:11:21 PM
Question for all you knowlegeable people out there. Just imagine you were managing a team and had to pick a full forward line from Paul Geaney, Paul Mannion, Dean Rock, Cillian O Connor, Andy Moran, Paddy Mc Brearty and Mark Bradley, what would it be ?

Moran/McBrearty and COC.

interesting

Can I ask why you picked those players? Any reason?

I picked those as I wondered who people thought were the best inside forwards playing at the minute. Probably could have included James O Donoghue and Bernard Brogan also. I think Mark Bradley is better than Andy Moran, Cillian O Connor and Dean Rock, but thats just my opinion]

Good man redzone, away and have a wee chat to yourself