Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Like anything he touches really.

It makes me uncomfortable seeing foster and the dup talking to may about the border. You'd nearly swear those feckers are doing all they can to bring the troubles back at times.

screenexile

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 02, 2018, 08:34:20 PM

It makes me uncomfortable seeing foster and the dup talking to may about the border. You'd nearly swear those feckers are doing all they can to bring the troubles back at times.

I honestly don't see the Troubles coming back anytime soon. There will be a few people that will form some dissident nonsense but it's not like it was when the Republican movement began properly in the North. Catholics are not discriminated against like they were with housing/jobs/education/gerrymandering/policing etc. I can't see a point where armed struggle becomes an option again!

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2018, 09:27:35 PM

I honestly don't see the Troubles coming back anytime soon. There will be a few people that will form some dissident nonsense but it's not like it was when the Republican movement began properly in the North. Catholics are not discriminated against like they were with housing/jobs/education/gerrymandering/policing etc. I can't see a point where armed struggle becomes an option again!

Never was an option.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 02, 2018, 09:44:32 PM

Never was an option.

Yawn...

general_lee

If there is a return to violence it is the loyalists who need to be watched. Only yesterday in Portadown 8 of the cowards jumped all over a mans car in broad daylight in front of his partner and 2 month old baby, before dragging him out and kicking the f**k out of him... Why? Because someone lit their wee bonfire early during the week. Can you imagine what these pieces of shit will do when polls, votes, referendums etc start to properly go against them?

Orior

As I drove home, Newtownards Road in Belfast was a scary place this evening. 
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on July 02, 2018, 11:14:21 PM
As I drove home, Newtownards Road in Belfast was a scary place this evening.

Mini 12th?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Problems for Dearest Arlene if there is substance to Penny Mordaunt's comments on the Today programme re NI abortion

HiMucker

Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2018, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on July 02, 2018, 03:35:22 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 02, 2018, 02:04:58 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 02, 2018, 12:29:43 PM
No talk of the bridge Arlene's looking to build between the North and Scotland so that that the brits can't cast them off as will likely be the case??!!

It's f**king ridiculous . . . there isn't a motorway or a train that goes west of the Lough and she's looking to build a bridge that we don't need??!!

Totally agree, the bridge would be great but let's build a motorway between Belfast and Derry first. Ridiculous that you have motorway all the way from belfast to ballymena and then dual carriageway onto Coleraine but still to get to Derry you have to get stuck in traffic going through Dungiven and Drumahoe. Scandalous sectarian policy decisions taken years ago.
Aye and not to mention the amount of crying it causes from you boys having to go to Celtic park.  Motorway all the way and youd be there in no time, and should stop any whinging ;)

If she sells CP as part of the deal to pay for the bridge I'll be all for it!!
Spoken like a true Gael, primary ethos and all that  :)

AQMP

Quote from: LCohen on July 03, 2018, 08:38:39 AM
Problems for Dearest Arlene if there is substance to Penny Mordaunt's comments on the Today programme re NI abortion

What did she say??

LCohen

Quote from: AQMP on July 03, 2018, 10:21:14 AM

What did she say??

NIO will look at getting Stormont up and running. If that works then Stormont decides on abortion.

If it isn't up and running soon the Westminster takes control of the issue. It's fairly clear that UK will not impose anything on NI but instead would bypass Stormont and go straight to the people. The word referendum wasn't used but that's what is coming.

Increases the incentive for DUP to return to Stormont but reduces shinners'. Not that either was in a rush

armaghniac

Quote from: LCohen on July 03, 2018, 10:41:33 AM
Quote from: AQMP on July 03, 2018, 10:21:14 AM

What did she say??

NIO will look at getting Stormont up and running. If that works then Stormont decides on abortion.

If it isn't up and running soon the Westminster takes control of the issue. It's fairly clear that UK will not impose anything on NI but instead would bypass Stormont and go straight to the people. The word referendum wasn't used but that's what is coming.

Increases the incentive for DUP to return to Stormont but reduces shinners'. Not that either was in a rush

The Assembly exists and could debate any of these matters. The problem is the Executive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

All sorts of rumours flying around about two elected DUP reps who allegedly have sort injunctions about alleged activities that allegedly would undermine, again, the party's claim to uphold traditional family values. Allegedly.

Jeepers Creepers

Is this what is being eluded to on another thread?

The Subbie

Quote from: gallsman on July 08, 2018, 03:43:34 PM
All sorts of rumours flying around about two elected DUP reps who allegedly have sort injunctions about alleged activities that allegedly would undermine, again, the party's claim to uphold traditional family values. Allegedly.

I notice that Little Pengelly has pulled the pin on Twitter
Entirely unrelated I'm sure