County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2018, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 25, 2017, 10:30:16 PM
Rochford given a 2 year extension to his deal tonight - until 2020. Backroom team not confirmed yet though. Hopefully no major changes there either.
+1 Good!
The least amount of change, the better. Obviously he see potential there and I couldn't see him staying if he felt there would be mass resignations from the panel. Mayo hasn't gone away, you know. ;D

Haha Lar. Check the date.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2018, 09:39:21 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 04, 2018, 08:11:38 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on October 25, 2017, 10:30:16 PM
Rochford given a 2 year extension to his deal tonight - until 2020. Backroom team not confirmed yet though. Hopefully no major changes there either.
+1 Good!
The least amount of change, the better. Obviously he see potential there and I couldn't see him staying if he felt there would be mass resignations from the panel. Mayo hasn't gone away, you know. ;D

Haha Lar. Check the date.

Presumably the fact remains that he has at least another year left to run on his contract though. I'd prefer to see him stay on unless we have a better replacement

Itchy

Contract? There's no such thing. It's no more than a gentleman's agreement which either party can break without penalty.

macdanger2

Quote from: Itchy on July 04, 2018, 11:02:31 PM
Contract? There's no such thing. It's no more than a gentleman's agreement which either party can break without penalty.

Sorry, incorrect word on my part but he still has another year to run so presumably he wants to stay on and I'd be surprised if the CB ditch him

bucko

If Rochford goes it'll be his choice. Co Board don't want to go through the hassle of another managerial appointment with no obvious candidates in the county for the job. IF he stays and IF the majority of the players stay on, Rochford will be working with something next year that he hasn't had the last three years. A rested squad.

Syferus

Quote from: bucko on July 04, 2018, 11:22:18 PM
If Rochford goes it'll be his choice. Co Board don't want to go through the hassle of another managerial appointment with no obvious candidates in the county for the job. IF he stays and IF the majority of the players stay on, Rochford will be working with something next year that he hasn't had the last three years. A rested squad.

A rested old man is still an old man.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Syferus on July 05, 2018, 12:02:07 AM
Quote from: bucko on July 04, 2018, 11:22:18 PM

A rested old man is still an old man.
I'm guessing that Roscommon is no county for old men...get it? ;D

Rossfan

If we lose to Armagh there might be a candidate available ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bucko

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2018, 12:13:05 AM
If so, I doubt he'll deal with our co board again for a good while after the last fiasco.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2018, 12:13:05 AM

KMac has earned the respect of all true Rossies at this stage.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 04, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

Sorry, incorrect word on my part but he still has another year to run so presumably he wants to stay on and I'd be surprised if the CB ditch him

Surely its the O'Ses and their mates who decide on whether any one stays as Mayo team manager with the county board just rubber stamping their decisions,

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 05, 2018, 07:34:49 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 04, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

Surely its the O'Ses and their mates who decide on whether any one stays as Mayo team manager with the county board just rubber stamping their decisions,
I am sure it is. Isn't that what happens in all counties?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

DuffleKing

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

It didn't help when he came out with the likes of this:
http://www.the42.ie/pete-mcgrath-louth-2-4013266-May2018/
QuoteA DESPONDENT PETE McGrath stopped just short of saying he regretted taking on the Louth job in the wake of their 11-point defeat to Carlow on Sunday.

In his first year in charge, McGrath watched his team lose all seven of their Division 2 games this year before they were dumped out of the Leinster SFC by a buoyant Carlow outfit in Portlaoise.

"When you have lost a match like that, you feel not only disappointed but devastated," McGrath said after the game.

"You don't regret it (taking the job), but you say, 'I have maybe made better decisions in my life.'

"I wasn't sure what Louth football was like. I found out early on with the unavailability of players and a couple of injuries that it was going to be a struggle but I felt the players were up to it and management was up to it."

It is no surprise Fermanagh have improved this year. But to be fair to him he had Louth very fit in the first week of January.

rodney trotter

Fermanagh haven't improved that much. They got to an Ulster final playing dogged defensive football, and were outclassed in the Ulster final. They got promoted in the League, but they were Promoted under McGrath too, and made an All Ireland Quarter final.

Gallagher not even starting Tomas Corrigan. He is their top forward.