Ulster Club SFC 2018

Started by oakleaflad, October 03, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: yellowcard on November 18, 2018, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on November 18, 2018, 04:25:16 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 18, 2018, 04:22:42 PM
Hanratty is a liability.

Yes but by his standards the bookings were very soft !

Thought the first was a rugby tackle black, second a definite yellow. But why make the second tackle knowing he was already on a yellow. Just daft.

I said elsewhere it is much harder to get frees in Armagh. He can get away with much of that in Armagh but not Ulster.

yellowcard

Cian McConville bit late coming on.

yellowcard

Rian O'Neill has been brilliant again today, didn't deserve to be in the losing side.

Throw ball

Quote from: yellowcard on November 18, 2018, 04:45:14 PM
Rian O'Neill has been brilliant again today, didn't deserve to be in the losing side.

He'll be a good player when he grows up!

Over the Bar

Cross at the same aul bad-loser craic as when Errigal Ciaran used to bate them out the door!   8)

Captain Obvious

Cross scored 16 times and conceded 15 scores. Goals do win games sometimes.

Schkite

Gweedore favorites for the final based on today's performances

king of leon

Gweedore looked very impressive when on the ball, very fluent. Also very well conditioned

Cross looked very one dimensional and the sending off cost them though I think Gweedore would still have won.

Cassidy was a handful, all credit to him at his age!

imtommygunn

Good to see you living up to your name captain obvious ;D

Best team won really. Some good players in that gweedore team and quite a few non county, yet, too.

Disappointing to see oneill at that at the end. Looked like a talented two footed player. Cross still very good at the kick passing but were second best in most of the pitch really.

Throw ball

BCB was right in that Cross are a bit inexperienced for Ulster at the minute. 3 bad goals conceded in the first half. Pity Hanratty got sent off as it spoilt any chance of an exciting second half. A bit of luck and eager eye got a 4th goal which was the final nail. To be fair to Cross they didn't dive or yap like some teams to try and get numbers evened up. I thought the 2 O'Neill boys really carried Cross. Pity the petulance of youth got Rian sent off at end. Donegal have a team that could well win Ulster title. Should be a good game against Scotstown.

Smurfy123

Crossmaglen very poor defensively. Leaving the full back line exposed all game. Joseph Brolly won't know what to write about this week. What bandwagon will he bounce onto. I think it will be GDORE

general_lee

Cross seemed a bit over reliant on some of their players when the cross teams of old would have spread the scoring responsibilities. The goals killed them, credit to gweedore though they were the livelier team throughout and deserved their winning margin. They play a nice style of football for this time of year and seem incredibly fit. Think they'll give scotstown all they want in the final

illdecide

Couldn't believe how open Cross's defence was...what Cross would give for a F Bellew. Best team won alright but Cross will not be happy with their first half display (espicially their lack of defensive cover). Should be a good final all the same.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

yellowcard

Didn't see Scotstown today but apparently Beggan was the difference with a huge advantage on kick outs.

If Gweedore can come up with a plan to nullify that (easier said than done) I would make them slight favourites.

Blowitupref

Quote from: illdecide on November 18, 2018, 05:12:46 PM
Couldn't believe how open Cross's defence was...what Cross would give for a F Bellew. Best team won alright but Cross will not be happy with their first half display (espicially their lack of defensive cover). Should be a good final all the same.

The Armagh county senior team are wide open in defence that type defending seems to have spread to Cross?  Castleblayney Faughs 1991 the last Monaghan senior Ulster winner and hasn't been a Donegal winner since St. Joseph's in 1975.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose