Club Training during lockdown

Started by thebackbar1, January 04, 2021, 04:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

The majority of inter county teams are no doubt training, but like the payments to club/county managers once it's not done in the public eye or kept quiet the GAA will turn a blind eye and pretend it's not happening.

Down however are blatantly breaking the training ban and now that it has become public knowledge the GAA will have to act against them.

GetOverTheBar

I think I read somewhere prior the punishment is the county chairperson is banned. Open to correction.

So basically nothing will happen. You need to have your head in the sand if you think all counties are not training with April already in line for the All Ireland.

It's actually the GAA's fault for announcing it will go ahead, then banning teams train. They knew this would be ignored.

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 07, 2021, 02:07:44 PM
I think I read somewhere prior the punishment is the county chairperson is banned. Open to correction.

So basically nothing will happen. You need to have your head in the sand if you think all counties are not training with April already in line for the All Ireland.

It's actually the GAA's fault for announcing it will go ahead, then banning teams train. They knew this would be ignored.

Yup. The GAA too interested in a nice bit of PR rather than practicalities.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

skeog

Time for a wise up its the ego driven management of some counties for what purpose.

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2021, 02:09:34 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 07, 2021, 02:07:44 PM

Yup. The GAA too interested in a nice bit of PR rather than practicalities.

I agree that training should go ahead but the GAA made a rod to break its own back.

Once they came out with the rules then teams either need to be discreet or stop.

You can be sure other teams will be wiser to this moving forward.

And depending on who the report came from some players may well need to have a hard look at being involved in the set up (unless it was a concerned resident)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: skeog on January 07, 2021, 02:39:28 PM
Time for a wise up its the ego driven management of some counties for what purpose.

I understand your point. But look, the vaccine is here.

In Northern Ireland on or around 38 to 40 times more people have now been vaccinated than died from Covid. Just take a minute to comphrend that, 38 to 40 times more, so around 50,000 highly vulnerable people/NHS staff/Carers have now received the first dose of their immunity from Covid.

The reason for lockdown is to protect the NHS. The vaccination will start to show in numbers....actually, today showed a drop in rates so, look, it's time to start getting things back to relative normality.

Covid 19 is never going away. It's going to be around forever. Simple as that. The reason for lockdown was to buy the NHS / Hospital services time. They'll have that by the end of January.

Some lads here just don't want to move on from the doom. Honestly.

the goal was on

Down tell gaa it was just to give out programmes!! What a load of tosh ! Even if it was it's against the rules. But gaa as per usual will move on. Ban them and we will be done of all the breaking of rules

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 07, 2021, 03:11:56 PM

In Northern Ireland on or around 38 to 40 times more people have now been vaccinated than died from Covid. Just take a minute to comphrend that, 38 to 40 times more, so around 50,000 highly vulnerable people/NHS staff/Carers have now received the first dose of their immunity from Covid.

The reason for lockdown is to protect the NHS. The vaccination will start to show in numbers....actually, today showed a drop in rates so, look, it's time to start getting things back to relative normality.

Covid 19 is never going away. It's going to be around forever. Simple as that. The reason for lockdown was to buy the NHS / Hospital services time. They'll have that by the end of January.

Yes, a few days into the vaccination programme and it's time to let rip?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: the goal was on on January 07, 2021, 03:30:28 PM
Down tell gaa it was just to give out programmes!! What a load of tosh ! Even if it was it's against the rules. But gaa as per usual will move on. Ban them and we will be done of all the breaking of rules

No, it isn't against the rules actually. What is against the rules however under the GPA charter is sending people to do gym work unsupervised and untrained. Hence the rise of centres of excellence.

Even the strict enforceable lockdown rules that are coming in would still allow for any of us to exercise as much as we like....(despite how they might phrase it), by ourselves, with their household, one other linked household or with one other person from any household.

Source - Naomi Long Twitter

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: JoG2 on January 07, 2021, 03:39:47 PM

That wasn't my point.

My point is to let elite county teams train, where it is regulated, where they are actually tested. Surely that shouldn't be an issue considering we are due I think another 90k doses by end of the month.

The alternative is this, untested, unregulated, uninsured. They are going to do it anyway. You all know as well as I. And quite honestly, I prefer when it is regulated because as much as you want to stick your head in the sand, there are 32 counties training right now.

square_ball

Genuine question - are county teams tested?

JoG2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 07, 2021, 03:50:02 PM

That wasn't my point.

My point is to let elite county teams train, where it is regulated, where they are actually tested. Surely that shouldn't be an issue considering we are due I think another 90k doses by end of the month.

The alternative is this, untested, unregulated, uninsured. They are going to do it anyway. You all know as well as I. And quite honestly, I prefer when it is regulated because as much as you want to stick your head in the sand, there are 32 counties training right now.

Tested how often? How much is a test, £90 odd? I'm not sure. Why not wait, elite amateur or not until the vaccine has had a chance to work. Kick any team training collectively training out. We're trying to save lives, not add to the spread.

Angelo

The usual hysterical reaction from a fool who can't frame a decent argument.

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on January 07, 2021, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 07, 2021, 03:50:02 PM

That wasn't my point.

Tested how often? How much is a test, £90 odd? I'm not sure. Why not wait, elite amateur or not until the vaccine has had a chance to work. Kick any team training collectively training out. We're trying to save lives, not add to the spread.

Trying to save lives from Covid but f**k you if you have any other issues, you mean.

JoG2

Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2021, 04:03:02 PM

The usual hysterical reaction from a fool who can't frame a decent argument.

Blah blah blah.