American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Hound on January 11, 2020, 11:11:58 AM
Quote from: Gmac on January 11, 2020, 04:08:13 AM
Just got a couple of very expensive nose bleed seats for 9ers  Vikings tomorrow afternoon,looking forward to my first playoff game in a long time and hopefully an sf win .
9ers by 10
out of interest, what's the face value of those tickets?
i don't know I bought from Ticketmaster and is an instant download with only row and seat info , I would guess $100

gallsman

9ers D looked like it benefited from the rest.

gallsman

Titans beating the Ravens is incredible. Henry is unstoppable right now

Capt Pat

The Texans are 21-0 up on the Chiefs early in the game in what is beginning to look like an upset in Arrowhead.

Capt Pat

A crazy game. Texans out to a 24-0 lead and in no time at all after that it is 24-21. The Chiefs have all the momentum now.

Boycey

Tame affair so far, hope there's more action in the 2nd half..... :o

Capt Pat

The Chiefs win out 51-31 after trailing 24-0 after about one quarter. They face the Titans in the AFC championship game.

TabClear

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 12, 2020, 11:49:02 PM
The Chiefs win out 51-31 after trailing 24-0 after about one quarter. They face the Titans in the AFC championship game.

Incredible game. Mahomes is great to watch.

As an aside I watched the 49ers game highlights on Sky yesterday on their "Highlights" show. Absolute rubbish. They showed the Samuel "fumble" but then cut away and never showed it being overturned and they never showed the Sherman interception. Both crucial moments in the game. Not sure who they had editing it but it was hard watching.

lurganblue

Kelce v Kittle would be an interesting Superbowl

Taylor

A brilliant weekend of playoff games.

With Mahomes in this form it is the Chiefs to lose.

The only team with a hope of stopping them would be the 49ers IMHO

Capt Pat

True enough, but I look forward to seeing how the Chiefs defence cope with Derek Henry in the AFC Championship game before they get to the superbowl. The Chiefs run defence is supposedly not that good. The Ravens with a strong defence couldn't cope with Henry.

lurganblue

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 13, 2020, 07:24:51 PM
True enough, but I look forward to seeing how the Chiefs defence cope with Derek Henry in the AFC Championship game before they get to the superbowl. The Chiefs run defence is supposedly not that good. The Ravens with a strong defence couldn't cope with Henry.

If they put up 50 points though I don't think it'll matter.  If offense gets around 30 then it will be in the melting pot and it will be great viewing to see how Henry goes at that D.  They didn't hold up very well to the Patriots run game in the playoffs last year.

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on January 14, 2020, 09:15:35 AM

If they put up 50 points though I don't think it'll matter.  If offense gets around 30 then it will be in the melting pot and it will be great viewing to see how Henry goes at that D.  They didn't hold up very well to the Patriots run game in the playoffs last year.

Yeah if KC get out to a fast start Henry won't be as much of a factor as they will abandon the run, the Chiefs just have too many weapons & I would have fancied them against the Ravens in any event
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: lurganblue on January 14, 2020, 09:15:35 AM

If Jones is out for KC again, I think Henry will run all over them But as you say, if Mahomes throws all over the gaff, they won't be able to run the ball.

gallsman

So Joe Burrow wrapped up the greatest individual season in college football history and now gets to go and play for the Bengals.