Quote from: general_lee on September 04, 2023, 01:10:33 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 04, 2023, 01:05:44 PM
Quote from: statto on September 04, 2023, 11:57:38 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 04, 2023, 11:02:36 AM
Quote from: statto on September 04, 2023, 09:47:38 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 03, 2023, 06:04:32 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 03, 2023, 05:09:34 PM
Why in the hell did they televise this shite
I don't know 1 Armagh person who thought that would be a contest. Madden v Harps ended 0.12 to 2.6, but it was shite too.
I don't think Armagh club football is of a great standard but putting the 15th best team in the competition to promote your own club poor form from Burns.

What did Burns do?
I presume he has influence on this game being selected.
You don't know, but you are accusing him of poor form?
It's exactly why it was shown. There was literally no reason to show that match.
Because Burns wanted it or because TG4 decided to show the President-elects club?

I am just trying to work out if Butns made the decision as is being alleged!
I am trying to work out what possible reason TG4 looked at the club fixtures across the country, picked out Armagh and then picked Silverbridge v Shane O'Neill's...

Maybe they heard the president-elect was gonna be up a ladder fixing gutterin, or in a cherry-picker re-stitching the tri-colour. Maybe the Silverbridge nets needed repaired or quite possibly the posts needed a lick of paint. All valid reasons to get the cameras to south armagh on sunday for a celebration of Jarlath football.
Oh, and there was a dead-rubber game on too that proved to be riveting entertainment.

armaghniac

Silverbridge do not ha e the pick to be a top team. But they have an admirable volunteer ethos and they do not need TG4 to get a job done.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

They were poor matches on Sunday, have they no knowledge of what could be good games? Throw on the Tyrone championship, do us a favour of not showing the Donegal one.

Eire90

there was a preliminary tyrone junior championship game on but they probably only can show senior championships

bennydorano

Sure Tyrone won't let them cover games, keeping it for Tyrone TV to give their loyal supporters a good rogering.

square_ball

Looking at the schedule for Tyrone first round games none will be on TG4.

Supporters would be out around £400 or £500 if they were looking to stream every senior, inter & junior championship game from Tyrone TV. A season ticket would be the job there but has never been an option.

bennydorano

It's a racket, Armagh TV season pass is £90 (decent value tbf, which I bought) and I've been to 3 matches already as well ffs, and Ulster TV are waiting in the wings for the various Ulster Club games, then there's County football League, championship, GAAGO. The amount of money a GAA fan shells out these days is scandalous.

Rossfan

Nobody is forced to go to games, stream games etc .
It's an individuals choice.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: square_ball on September 06, 2023, 09:42:21 AM
Looking at the schedule for Tyrone first round games none will be on TG4.

Supporters would be out around £400 or £500 if they were looking to stream every senior, inter & junior championship game from Tyrone TV. A season ticket would be the job there but has never been an option.

TG4 should launch a spinoff station for Tyrone club matches . They could call it TGTE.
Teilifís Gaeilge Thír Eoghain.

This would hit 2 birds with one stone

- it would meet the insatiable need for Tyrone club matches on TV

The level of Gaeilge in the county would also improve.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

It's still a money gouge. Last year Tyrone literally denied free coverage to TG4 to maximise income (£16 to attend or the same price to watch on Tyrone TV I think). The same type of boys (the length & breadth of Ireland) will be crying looking volunteers in the next breath. 

Wildweasel74

Am just saying Tyrone got 8 senior clubs of near level footing, so a champiobship game there be a decent pairing compared to say a Kilcoo, Glen, Scotstown mismatch in other counties. Or our old Favourite, Kilmacud kicking the crap out of somebody in a early round Dublin Championship game.

general_lee

The amount of 10+ pt defeats in the Armagh SFC is shocking. I count 8 games in the round robin stage that finished with one team getting beat by at least 10 points.

tyrone86

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2023, 10:57:53 AM
It's still a money gouge. Last year Tyrone literally denied free coverage to TG4 to maximise income (£16 to attend or the same price to watch on Tyrone TV I think). The same type of boys (the length & breadth of Ireland) will be crying looking volunteers in the next breath. 
How much did people have to shell out to attend the games before streaming was widely available?

The bit that people forget about the Tyrone model and the lack of a streaming season pass is that all adult championship games, at all levels, are shown, unlike other counties that cherry-pick which games get the streaming treatment. The first round of the Tyrone JFC this weekend won't turn a profit on any of the games, but they're all available live and the associated production costs for each of them will be the same as for Errigal Ciaran v Killyclogher in a fortnight, which will make money. The rates TG4 offer are a fraction of what a big Tyrone game might pull in, but there are plenty of counties that haven't as strong a streaming audience are glad to get the rates.

bennydorano

That's a big undertaking (& commendable)but likely unsustainable longterm - unless revenue generation isn't a primary concern; how much per streamed game?

Eire90

wasnt there a few tyrone games on rte past few seasons maybe they were paid by rte.