Joint Papal / Queen visit in Northern Ireland in 2018

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, December 19, 2017, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

I think it's a wonderful idea.

Won't travel north mind you but if Pope Francie appears somewhere in Dublin shur why wouldn't I go?

Sadly I didn't lose my virginity in Galway in 1979 (I wasn't even there and I was only 12) like an awful lot of boys and girls but perhaps Tony you could do worse if you go to the inevitable outdoor mass in Stormont.

playwiththewind1st

With Jamie Bryson & the fleg protest rent-a-mob in attendance. Good day out in prospect.  Snarlene in a mantilla, anyone?

magpie seanie

Speaking of Pope Francis - how does Tony feel that a huge % of the hierarchy of the church want him dead? These guys would be Tony's types of dudes. Judgemental and slaves to doctrine so it begs the question - Tony, do you also hate the Pope?

paddyjohn

F**k me. Yet another thread turning into the Tony show.

seafoid

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 19, 2017, 01:38:20 PM
Speaking of Pope Francis - how does Tony feel that a huge % of the hierarchy of the church want him dead? These guys would be Tony's types of dudes. Judgemental and slaves to doctrine so it begs the question - Tony, do you also hate the Pope?
the Pope is homeless and  he doesn't work hard
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 19, 2017, 01:38:20 PM

Just look at JP The First. Bumped off, hardly even managed his first pay cheque.

Avondhu star

Quote from: BennyCake on December 19, 2017, 12:37:35 PM
Pope visit will cause more trouble than it's worth. The AI final rescheduled, the cost, security fears, probable protests, unionists pissed off... Actually, feck it, that's reason enough for him to visit.
Rescheduling of the All Ireland won't be inconveniencing your lot too much
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyCake

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 19, 2017, 10:50:59 PM
Pope visit will cause more trouble than it's worth. The AI final rescheduled, the cost, security fears, probable protests, unionists pissed off... Actually, feck it, that's reason enough for him to visit.

Maybe not, but the unionists are mighty pissed off about it.

T Fearon

Magpie Seanie,it is the role of this and any other Pope to defend and promote Catholic doctrine,which is timeless and unchangeable.This Pope may be more unconventional than his immediate predecessors but I have detected no divergence from doctrine.

I do not know what is so hard to understand about the fact that the Church's mission is to save souls not win popularity,therefore it simply cannot change its scripture based stance on homosexuality,abortion etc just to be "compassionate" or "popular"

The Gs Man

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 19, 2017, 10:50:59 PM

It might help Tony book his hotel for the correct weekend.
Keep 'er lit

The Subbie

Quote from: T Fearon on December 20, 2017, 08:11:54 AM
Magpie Seanie,it is the role of this and any other Pope to defend and promote Catholic doctrine,which is timeless and unchangeable.This Pope may be more unconventional than his immediate predecessors but I have detected no divergence from doctrine.

I do not know what is so hard to understand about the fact that the Church's mission is to save souls not win popularity,therefore it simply cannot change its scripture based stance on homosexuality,abortion etc just to be "compassionate" or "popular"

So Vatican 2 was an illusion then Tony ?

You are some chancer!

vallankumous

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 19, 2017, 06:03:19 AM
http://www.goqradio.com/news/q-radio-local-news/exclusive-plans-revealed-for-joint-northern-ireland-visit-by-the-pope-and-the-queen/

QuoteQ Radio understands that the Pope and the Queen will visit Northern Ireland jointly next summer.

Pope Francis, who's 80, is already scheduled to visit the Republic in 2018 for the World Meeting of Families.

Today we can reveal that not only will the Head of the Catholic church travel north of the border but he will be joined by the supreme governor of the Church of England who turns 92 in April.

It will be a deeply symbolic and powerful moment - The Pope and the Queen appearing side by side before a divided society.

Last year the then Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness revealed that the 80 year old Pontiff WOULD cross the border.

At the time - the then First Minister, Arlene Foster, said she would meet him.

Q Radio sources have revealed that plans for the joint visit are being worked on.

The location is being kept under wraps - it may be Armagh or Belfast-  but it certainly will be in Northern Ireland.

Meanwhile,

The Archbishop of Armagh, the Most Reverend Richard Clarke, says a joint visit by the Pope and the Queen to Northern Ireland would be "remarkable and wonderful".

The head of the Anglican communion in Ireland was responding to a Q Radio news report that plans are being drawn up for such a visit next August.

The Queen of England does not do joint appearances, she has no equal.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Subbie on December 20, 2017, 10:59:04 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on December 20, 2017, 08:11:54 AM

So Vatican 2 was an illusion then Tony ?

You are some chancer!

Can you still buy your way into heaven, by passing purgatory as such? The doctrine has changed many times over the years to suit themselves....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: vallankumous on December 20, 2017, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 19, 2017, 06:03:19 AM
http://www.goqradio.com/news/q-radio-local-news/exclusive-plans-revealed-for-joint-northern-ireland-visit-by-the-pope-and-the-queen/

QuoteQ Radio understands that the Pope and the Queen will visit Northern Ireland jointly next summer.

Pope Francis, who's 80, is already scheduled to visit the Republic in 2018 for the World Meeting of Families.

Today we can reveal that not only will the Head of the Catholic church travel north of the border but he will be joined by the supreme governor of the Church of England who turns 92 in April.

It will be a deeply symbolic and powerful moment - The Pope and the Queen appearing side by side before a divided society.

Last year the then Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness revealed that the 80 year old Pontiff WOULD cross the border.

At the time - the then First Minister, Arlene Foster, said she would meet him.

Q Radio sources have revealed that plans for the joint visit are being worked on.

The location is being kept under wraps - it may be Armagh or Belfast-  but it certainly will be in Northern Ireland.

Meanwhile,

The Archbishop of Armagh, the Most Reverend Richard Clarke, says a joint visit by the Pope and the Queen to Northern Ireland would be "remarkable and wonderful".

The head of the Anglican communion in Ireland was responding to a Q Radio news report that plans are being drawn up for such a visit next August.

The Queen of England does not do joint appearances, she has no equal.

She may not do joint appearances, but she fairly snorts up the ould coke, through her own rolled-up currency too.

brokencrossbar1

It is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for Tony to condemn the church or anything to do with it