Then v Wexford last Sunday
Very impressed with them, had Wexford on the rack to winters got red
Their tackling and aggression when they don't have the ball is fantastic
There number 11 ( Whitley) was very good and Winters
Solid full back line and very pacy corner forwards
Young Dillon came on in second half and looks promising
There no6 is to slow but Imm sure Rushe will slot in there when he comes back
Sutcliffe of the pace but showed signs of old
I think they could run deep this summer and challenge for trophies next year no problem
Big crowd there so things are looking up for Dublin hurling

How many of the Cuala lads will fit in to that panel?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2018, 08:25:33 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 17, 2018, 05:33:32 PM
Seen them twice in a week
First v Antrim no contest really
Then v Wexford last Sunday
Very impressed with them, had Wexford on the rack to winters got red
Their tackling and aggression when they don't have the ball is fantastic
There number 11 ( Whitley) was very good and Winters
Solid full back line and very pacy corner forwards
Young Dillon came on in second half and looks promising
There no6 is to slow but Imm sure Rushe will slot in there when he comes back
Sutcliffe of the pace but showed signs of old
I think they could run deep this summer and challenge for trophies next year no problem
Big crowd there so things are looking up for Dublin hurling

How many of the Cuala lads will fit in to that panel?

I would say Cronin and that midfielder that put Tony kelly in his pocket last March
What age is treacy now
O Callaghan is kicking the big ball unfortunately, some hurler

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ashman

Gilroy will make them competitive and it will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Milltown Row2

Always like Dublin hurling, always playing in the shadow of their footballers, even in the days that their footballers were being dominated by the likes of Meath and so they plugged away, and for years I'd be down at Parnell park watching Antrim beat Dublin and now its chalk and cheese!

Dublin have built up a rep for hard physical hurling, now if they manage to get a few forwards that will open up teams they could (and should based on their money and competitive club teams) have an impact on the tradional teams of hurling
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Pete Kelly hanging up the intercounty boots;

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/dublin-defender-peter-kelly-announces-retirement-1.3470115

Evidently can't get himself back in peak form and fitness, was some player and gave Seamus Callinan as good as working as any the day the Dubs played Tipp in a qualifier game in Thurles when all else around him was taking in water.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnnycool on April 24, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/dublin-defender-peter-kelly-announces-retirement-1.3470115

Evidently can't get himself back in peak form and fitness, was some player and gave Seamus Callinan as good as working as any the day the Dubs played Tipp in a qualifier game in Thurles when all else around him was taking in water.

The best man I ever saw to handle Callanan was the Westmeath Full Back. He did it twice.

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2018, 04:56:17 PM

The best man I ever saw to handle Callanan was the Westmeath Full Back. He did it twice.
Tommy Doyle of Lough Lene Gaels.

AZOffaly

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 24, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

Tommy Doyle of Lough Lene Gaels.

Thats the buck.

manfromdelmonte

And yet they are down a level for championship hurling