For any Trad heads out there....

Started by The Gs Man, April 08, 2007, 10:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

FAO Donagh and/or any other Lurgan heads....

This is tomorrow night!!  Should be great.  The bar and lounge have been recently refurbished so this is one of the first big nights.

Plug over.....
Keep 'er lit

Donagh

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 26, 2007, 10:32:01 PM

This is tomorrow night!!  Should be great.  The bar and lounge have been recently refurbished so this is one of the first big nights.

Plug over.....

Will definitely be along later Gs. Trying to get the oul fella to come along as well but with him being a non-smoking Pioneer and the reputation of your place it's proving tough ask. Where's the gig – upstairs?

Donagh

Quote from: The Gs Man on April 26, 2007, 10:32:01 PM

Plug over.....

Great night Gs! As expected Barry was outstanding but to hear him play with Alan Burke was something else entirely. The vocal duet they did was a barnstormer – will bring the house down in Cultúrlann tomorrow night. Was kind of disappointed he didn't play the pipes but the jig and reels he did with Dónal O'Connor more than made up for that.

On the new venue. The place looks well but the noise from the back (right) of the bar was a bit annoying. The crowd back there were fairly young and just out for a nights craic but I don't think they couldn't hear the music – maybe you could wire a PA back to that end or up the táille a bit to dissuade the casual drinkers. Either way, if you keep at it with nights like tonight word won't be long spreading and reputations building.

Cheers for the free drinks btw... 

And Hardy – he really is that good...

Baile an tuaigh

My favouirte instument absoloutly amazing. Stand up and take a bow for your brother. Brilliant!

Hardy

Quote from: Donagh on April 28, 2007, 01:56:30 AM
And Hardy – he really is that good...

That was just a smartass joke - I didn't know Donal played the pipes.

The Gs Man

Cheers Donagh.  Glad the two of you made it up.  Was a good night.  I know what your talking about with the noise at the back.  Definitely get something sorted for future gigs.  Had to head home early myself because I had done a 15 hour shift, but I hear it ended up a good session all the same.

Bring on next month!
Keep 'er lit