Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotrocks

Quote from: haranguerer on August 15, 2018, 10:02:08 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 14, 2018, 10:47:37 PM
A tackle around the neck should be a black imo. It's just as cynical, it's more dangerous and players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.

I don't think I've ever heard such shite in my life

Its become very common on here recently.  Pure drivel!  ;D

Jayop

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2018, 10:20:49 AM
He's right though. It's utter shite.

How is it utter shite? Lets break down what I actually said for those at a remedial level such as yourself.

QuoteA tackle around the neck should be a black imo.

This is my opinion, I say it right there at the end. How someone's opinion on a matter can be utter shite I don't know.

QuoteIt's just as cynical,

A man running past you through for a score, you trip him or drag him to the ground and it's a black. If you clothesline him it's just as cynical a way to stop a man.

Quoteit's more dangerous

Only a moron would argue that a tackle round the neck in the manner we're seeing is less dangerous than a foot trip or being dragged down by the waist.

Quoteand players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.

Maybe I should have put "imo" i here but it's obviously just my opinion. I've watched football all my life and played a bit too. I don't ever remember a time when there was 3/4 clothesline type tackles in every game like we see now before the black came in. It would seem that players now can't drag a man down for fear of getting a black and the next easiest way to stop them and only get a yellow is to tackle high.

sekibanki

A tackle around the neck should be a black imo. It's just as cynical, it's more dangerous and players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.

It's a good shout, tbh. It's exactly the type of high-tackle, catching the man around the neck, that could see you binned in rugby just because of how dangerous it is. But it would take more than a few people to be badly injured for such a rule to be brought in in football.

omaghjoe

Quote from: sekibanki on August 15, 2018, 06:50:04 PM

It's a good shout, tbh. It's exactly the type of high-tackle, catching the man around the neck, that could see you binned in rugby just because of how dangerous it is. But it would take more than a few people to be badly injured for such a rule to be brought in in football.

Thats a good point its sort of like the helmet grab in hurling which one of the msot dangerous things I have seen in any sport.
Those tackles can happen accidentally I know but If there was immediate and serve consequences for head high tackles it would almost eliminate them. The accidental ones wouldn't happen because the tackler wouldn't even consider tackling in a way that could lead to an accidental high tackle if there was a risk that he could get the line.
stamp it ou

lenny

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2018, 07:01:18 PM

Thats a good point its sort of like the helmet grab in hurling which one of the msot dangerous things I have seen in any sport.
Those tackles can happen accidentally I know but If there was immediate and serve consequences for head high tackles it would almost eliminate them. The accidental ones wouldn't happen because the tackler wouldn't even consider tackling in a way that could lead to an accidental high tackle if there was a risk that he could get the line.
stamp it ou

The big problem here is that several tyrone players, in particular mccann and donnelly have perfected the art of making an ordinary fair tackle into what appears to be a high tackle by throwing back their head just at the merest point of contact. Donegal had several players yellow carded very unfairly because of cheating from mccann and donnelly. It would have been much more unfair and an absolute travesty to see these players black carded.

Zulu

Many 'high' tackles are harmless with contact on chest and the arm just moving up due to the momentum of the player in possession. The other thing lads do is fling themselves to ground, bend down to make a legitimate attempt to tackle turn into a high tackle and grab the arm before falling down. Don't think high tackling is a major issue and on the contrary lads are making a meal of harmless tackles, many quite legitimate. Diving is bad enough, if you could get a Peter Harte, Brian Fenton, Lee Keegan off the pitch for a tackle then we'd have way more diving than we already do.

imtommygunn

Agreed zulu. It is something very much embellished and a bit sickening.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 15, 2018, 07:11:30 PM

stamp it ou

The big problem here is that several tyrone players, in particular mccann and donnelly have perfected the art of making an ordinary fair tackle into what appears to be a high tackle by throwing back their head just at the merest point of contact. Donegal had several players yellow carded very unfairly because of cheating from mccann and donnelly. It would have been much more unfair and an absolute travesty to see these players black carded.

Another classic Lennyism. I wonder would a nice hefty high challenge be enough to knock that chip off your shoulder?
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 15, 2018, 08:03:12 PM

stamp it ou

Another classic Lennyism. I wonder would a nice hefty high challenge be enough to knock that chip off your shoulder?

Don't bother Benny. It's all the Derry ones have at the minute. Let them enjoy the crumbs.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omaghjoe

stamp it ou

;D ;D ;D

RedHand88

stamp it ou

Lol. Loving the bitterness from the south Derry wans. Keep it up!

trailer

Quote from: Jayop on August 15, 2018, 04:34:00 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2018, 10:20:49 AM
He's right though. It's utter shite.

How is it utter shite? Lets break down what I actually said for those at a remedial level such as yourself.

QuoteA tackle around the neck should be a black imo.

This is my opinion, I say it right there at the end. How someone's opinion on a matter can be utter shite I don't know.

QuoteIt's just as cynical,

A man running past you through for a score, you trip him or drag him to the ground and it's a black. If you clothesline him it's just as cynical a way to stop a man.

Quoteit's more dangerous

Only a moron would argue that a tackle round the neck in the manner we're seeing is less dangerous than a foot trip or being dragged down by the waist.

Quoteand players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.

Maybe I should have put "imo" i here but it's obviously just my opinion. I've watched football all my life and played a bit too. I don't ever remember a time when there was 3/4 clothesline type tackles in every game like we see now before the black came in. It would seem that players now can't drag a man down for fear of getting a black and the next easiest way to stop them and only get a yellow is to tackle high.

A high tackle is a yellow card offence. Why? because it's dangerous.
The black card was introduced for cynical play.
Tackling someone around the head is not cynical. It's dangerous.

Yellow / Red - Dangerous play
Black - Cynical

Here are the black card offences again.

The Gaelic Football Rule Changes which become operative on 1 January 2014 are as follows:

1. Introduction of a Black Card for Cynical Behaviour Fouls.
2. Change in the number of substitutes allowed.
3. Distinction between Deliberate and Accidental Fouls.
4. Definition of the Tackle.
5. Introduction of a clearer Advantage Rule.
6. A player in possession may score a point with an open-handed hand-pass.

Cynical Behaviour Fouls

1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

The penalty for the above fouls are:

i. Free Kick from where the foul occurred.
ii. Order Off offender by showing him a Black Card*.
iii. Allow a replacement from within the substitutions permitted*.
*Substitutes
• Increased to SIX per team.
• Maximum of THREE permitted for Black Card Offenders.

RedHand88

This thread gets more activity than the final thread.

Jayop

Trailer you muppets read what I said. I said it should be a black not that it was a black.

Clotheslining someone to stop a scoring chance is just as cynical as the things already in the list for a black, it can be more dangerous and as such should be added to the black card list.

Why can people not read what was said before making stupid posts arguing against what wasn't said??