Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 14, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
Quote from: delgany on August 14, 2018, 04:19:08 PM
Mc Namee got yellow card for shoulder high tackle. Both players got tangled after foul , mc namee pulled opponent but didn't pull him to the ground . It wasn't deliberate
First of all some GAA Black Card facts:

GAA Black card offences are:

1 To deliberately pull down an opponent

2 To deliberately trip an opponent with hand, arm or foot

3 To deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement

Correct. Examples below.

2. See Wylie (?) on colm cavanagh early in the first half near cusack/davin corner.

3. See Mcanespie on colm cavanagh also in first half.

Ryan Wylie should got black card for deliberate trip.
It looked like Colm Cavanagh tried to grap McAnespie in that incident.

imtommygunn

Mc Namee got yellow card for shoulder high tackle. Both players got tangled after foul , mc namee pulled opponent but didn't pull him to the ground . It wasn't deliberate

3 To deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of the movement

He blatantly deliberately pulled him down. The commentators said it as did most here. They took him off anyway so wouldn't have made much difference though Brennan did struggle when on.

Wylie should have had black card. Cavanagh should have been booked for that incident with McAnespie. There was a lot of acting up in that scenario. Again even the commentators said it. If you watch he grabbed McAnespie. I actually think he was playing for the black card, Johnny Cooper does that kind of thing too.

The other decision Tyrone maybe should have got was Beggan jumping into McShane.

Jayop

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2018, 05:36:48 PM

He blatantly deliberately pulled him down. The commentators said it as did most here. They took him off anyway so wouldn't have made much difference though Brennan did struggle when on.

Wylie should have had black card. Cavanagh should have been booked for that incident with McAnespie. There was a lot of acting up in that scenario. Again even the commentators said it. If you watch he grabbed McAnespie. I actually think he was playing for the black card, Johnny Cooper does that kind of thing too.

The other decision Tyrone maybe should have got was Beggan jumping into McShane.

1) McNamee was a stone wall black. As you say he was taken off in the next play anyway so it didn't matter.
2) Wylie was a stonewall black too and that would have had a big impact in the game.
3) Live I thought McAnespie should have been a black but on review it was harder to say. Black maybe for rule 3 which he did do. After Colm played the ball McAnespie charged him, Colm was going down and grabbed the lad and pulled him down with him. No way did cavanagh do anything wrong, he was barged off the ball and had every right to grab him then.

delgany

I wouldnt but a lot of faith in the likes of dessie boring Dolan and his opinions on black cards. You have to be wrapped and pulled onto the ground...that clearly didn't happen with  mc namee.

Mc anespie blocked of Cavanagh.

imtommygunn

As most people here say too it very clearly happened with mcnamee. Rulebook definition of black.

Jayop i think reading your point on mcanespie and thinking back on it you may have a bit of a point... Again delgany what you say happened didn't happen. He didn't block him off - he charged into him.

delgany

I have looked at mc namee incident again.
Monaghan player actually grasps mc namee arm as he falls over.
Defo a high tackle = yellow
As he never actually  holds player at any time...which is the actual definition of the black. But sure.... It doesn't matter now.

On top of that...I think mc namee may have been suspended if he got a black or red and miss the final

redzone

Yeah as soon as McCarthy hit the ground he bounced back up and looked to take the quick free. If he had genuinely been pulled down he would have complained to the ref. Funny how some people still view a neck high challenge like that as a black when it's a yellow.

Jayop

A tackle around the neck should be a black imo. It's just as cynical, it's more dangerous and players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.

redzone

It's to hard to tell whether the neck high challenge is deliberate or play acting. The black card was intended to stop the third man tackle but it doesn't be implemented. Mainly by linesmen who watch the ball rather than watching the players. I'd like to see 4 linesmen. To many things for the ref to keep tabs on. Umpires are useless

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tough game, and commiserations to the Mon men, though just about a fair result in the end (having fully digested it at this stage).

A few thoughts:

• 7 points from frees for Monaghan, and 4 for ourselves
  • Kieran Hughes caused problems for sure when introduced, but his incessant (and blatant) diving was lucky not to draw a reprimand from the ref, who reached the point of watching his Swan Lake time after time just to (automatically) wave play on
  • Monaghan never really got into their stride, but neither did we, and it was probably always going to be a case of cancelling each other out to a degree
  • MH will devise a left field strategy for the Final, I'm sure of that, though whether that'll come close to sufficing...  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hound

Quote from: Jayop on August 14, 2018, 10:47:37 PM
A tackle around the neck should be a black imo. It's just as cynical, it's more dangerous and players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.
Shhhh.  :-X
You don't want everyone catching on to ColmC.

Jayop

Colm does plenty wrong but tackling around the neck often is something I'd be surprised to hear him accused of. Tyrone do it a lot and I hate it.

haranguerer

Quote from: Jayop on August 14, 2018, 10:47:37 PM

I don't think I've ever heard such shite in my life

trailer