Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulster’s heart aisf 2018

Started by rrhf, August 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: Orchard park on August 12, 2018, 11:58:30 PM
Which does more harm for Gaelic football.......

Dublin winning their 4th of 8 in a row or Tyrone winning one this year........

But Tyrone gives hope to a lot of moderate footballers out there... jesus Colm Cavanagh  ....

;D You joker. If he's average I'd like to see who you think is good!

Most of the 50/50s seemed to go Tyrones way (and one or two that weren't even 50/50 - how did mcmanus not get a free for being slapped in the face, which the ref had to see because he stopped play for treatment!). Perhaps in isolation certain incidents could be argued but when put together it did seem as though monaghan were hard done by. In a 1 pt game every one of these incidents are important.

Fair play to Tyrone though, hopefully we can look forward to a great final - Dubs are there for the taking

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2018, 08:34:18 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on August 13, 2018, 08:22:43 AM

But Tyrone gives hope to a lot of moderate footballers out there... jesus Colm Cavanagh  ....

Most of the 50/50s seemed to go Tyrones way (and one or two that weren't even 50/50 - how did mcmanus not get a free for being slapped in the face, which the ref had to see because he stopped play for treatment!).
Was that in the 1st half? He did get a free which was taken by someone else. It was strangely kicked backwards then given to the free taker who was now in a more difficult position and he kicked it over. Wasn't much of a free either.

Indirect free kick after a head injury so he had to pass it before shooting.

sam03/05

The ref gave as many poor decisions against Tyrone as he did Monaghan
The Monaghan big decision came at the end and it was never a free as Hughes was all over him. So he made the right call on that one. As for extra time, there was very little injuries in the game. He played the right amount as the subs made as shown on the Sunday Game last night. As well as that he played an extra 40 seconds over the 3 minutes.
Overall the ref was poor for both teams and it's sour grapes from Monaghan.

straightred

Most of the 50/50s seemed to go Tyrones way (and one or two that weren't even 50/50 - how did mcmanus not get a free for being slapped in the face, which the ref had to see because he stopped play for treatment!).
Was that in the 1st half? He did get a free which was taken by someone else. It was strangely kicked backwards then given to the free taker who was now in a more difficult position and he kicked it over. Wasn't much of a free either.
Mcmanus got a slap in the head that the ref thought wasn't worthy of a proper free but he did think it worthy of stopping the game for a head injury. Go figure ?
In any case the rule is that the team in possession get an in-direct free. Monaghan worked a point out of it in spite of the ref

straightred

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 13, 2018, 09:02:17 AM
The Monaghan big decision came at the end and it was never a free as Hughes was all over him. So he made the right call on that one. As for extra time, there was very little injuries in the game. He played the right amount as the subs made as shown on the Sunday Game last night. As well as that he played an extra 40 seconds over the 3 minutes.
The sunday game go out of their way to balance the books. Its not proper analysis. Give me the soccer analysts any day - they aren't afraid to call it as it is

highorlow

I'd like to have seen the Morgan incident before half time. The ref pulled him on something like the ball moving when he was taking a kick out? Cost Tyrone a point and cost me my HT/FT bet.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

straightred

Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 11:49:59 PM
Hughes is an embarrassment but going by the gulpins from monaghan around me today being a whining little bitch is all the rage there.
WTF is a gulpin.

I was in 311 with my 15yr old and his friend. We had the pleasure of a tyrone screamer behind. If i knew what a gulpin was i suspect she was one

RedHand88

Quote from: straightred on August 13, 2018, 09:07:50 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 11:49:59 PM
Hughes is an embarrassment but going by the gulpins from monaghan around me today being a whining little bitch is all the rage there.
WTF is a gulpin.

I was in 311 with my 15yr old and his friend. We had the pleasure of a tyrone screamer behind. If i knew what a gulpin was i suspect she was one

She probably was. Monaghan gulpins are a whole other breed of gulpin though. Usually seen sporting a subaru jacket and listening to Marty Mone. Will have a passionate hatred for all things Tyrone.  ;)

haranguerer

That generally isn't an issue. The ball was moving which I'd say was a bigger one

haranguerer

He kicked it back because a free wasn't awarded for the slap. Monaghan were in possession so retained it, but he couldn't shoot directly. it was an incredible decision, and in keeping how he was all day.

haranguerer

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 13, 2018, 09:02:17 AM

The 'monaghan big decision' came before that when he gave a nothing free against mcmanus (who he seems to dislike) when it would have resulted in an 3 to 1 situation for a goal. Instead Tyrone went up the field and got a point.

haranguerer

Jinxy

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 13, 2018, 08:35:58 AM

Indirect free kick after a head injury so he had to pass it before shooting.

???
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Subbie

I wonder will Malachy O'Rourke hang around for another year?

highorlow

Thanks.

I don't think Monagahan can have much complaints on the ref. They got away with a few throw passes during the match. They lacked another forward to help McManus.

Tyrone were brilliant in midfield, even that lad number 20 that came on fielded a great ball towards the end.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go