Twitter

Started by irunthev, July 16, 2009, 12:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 05, 2022, 02:34:27 PM
He's an absolute gobshite. Inventor my arse. Nothing more than a man child.

Are you sure about that? I heard he was a hand corner forward.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

screenexile

I think we're seeing the demise of Twitter.

FB has been struggling recently and I think Elon's plans sound like they'll drive users away from the platform.

What's the next big platform??

Orior

How is Facebook funding WhatsApp? It has become (nearly) indespensible across business, community, social, voluntary, family etc etc
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Orior on November 05, 2022, 04:43:54 PM
How is Facebook funding WhatsApp? It has become (nearly) indespensible across business, community, social, voluntary, family etc etc

I assume they are data mining off users in terms of habits etc
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

imtommygunn

There are some kind of subscription models and things like business apis and stuff.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2022, 04:31:22 PM
I think we're seeing the demise of Twitter.

FB has been struggling recently and I think Elon's plans sound like they'll drive users away from the platform.

What's the next big platform??

I think so too. Well done to plastic face Musk.

thewobbler

I despise Twitter and how people use it, but as a real-time news source it's by several distances the most important and useful social media platform (WhatsApp isn't social media) and it will be around longer than any of us will be. Even though it's unlikely ever to be profitable, for the speed at which it churns through every single topic imaginable makes it exceptionally difficult to target with advertising.

Gmac

The only difference with twitter from 3 weeks ago  is the content is not moderated by a bunch of 20/30 year old progressives which is a good thing , the fact most of the people  outraged by musks takeover probably drive teslas makes it more delicious .

screenexile

Gmac with an insightful both sides all encompassing take as usual... sounds like they'll let him make the jump back from truthsocial!

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on November 05, 2022, 11:19:17 PM
Gmac with an insightful both sides all encompassing take as usual... sounds like they'll let him make the jump back from truthsocial!
ha ha never went near it , free speech is great as long as we decide who can speak is the lefts position  ,what are they so afraid of ?

Olly

Will Musk stop people telling me the traffic situation on the Toome Bridge?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

RedHand88

The fact that the Taliban and the Ayatollah of Iran are allowed on Twitter, yet Trump is not shows how ridiculously political Twitter leaders became in later days.

seafoid

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2022, 05:51:39 AM
The fact that the Taliban and the Ayatollah of Iran are allowed on Twitter, yet Trump is not shows how ridiculously political Twitter leaders became in later days.

Twitter is very left skewed and over populated with woke shite. Probably safe to say it's a safe haven and soapbox for extremes on left and right

seafoid

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 06, 2022, 08:47:24 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2022, 05:51:39 AM

Twitter is very left skewed and over populated with woke shite. Probably safe to say it's a safe haven and soapbox for extremes on left and right
It's a reflection of a polarised society .
There are culture wars everywhere to keep people divided. This stops any kind of progress. The North is a fabulous example but you also have Brexit, Trumps vs Dems, Migrants, Trans vs women , Abortion, Guns, CNN vs Fox etc. It's all bullshit.