So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ziggysego on August 12, 2013, 12:35:40 PM
According to the Irish Sun (via U.TV) she's on a hunger strike now.  :o

Defo UK behaviour, no real Irish person who gets to stay live years in Peru and does not take advantage of being in the home of the Spud would say no.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

God14

Footage released now of the pair of them when they were arrested. If you look closely on 50secs (just after Melissa Reid claims she was forced to take the drugs) she says something under her breath to Michaella.
I think she says "what else could I say?"

link to the video here
http://www.newstalk.ie/VIDEO:-Drug-trafficaccused-pair-seen-in-airport-film

Franko

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2013, 02:53:11 AM
Some awful sanctimonious c*nts on here. Granted she was doing wrong and drugs ruin a lot of lives but what would you say if your sister had gotten herself tangled up in something like this?? F*ck her, good enough for her?

Sounds like she got involved in something way above her head (maybe running up debts herself?) and was then forced into doing this to get herself out of it.

Have a read of the book Marching Powder for an insight into what jails were like in Bolivia in the 90s, I presume they're not much better in Peru.

I'd say the best she can hope for is to be able to serve her prison time at home.

What would you say if your sister got caught up in committing any crime?  That's not the way 99.99999% of people look at these things and it's not being sanctimonious for any stranger to say that she should get all she deserves.

CAVEAT:
I don't know the full facts of the case yet (but it doesn't look good).

Shamrock Shore

Hmmmmmmmmm.

If I was "forced" to take a bag I would surely suspect that it contained more than Quaker Oats. Look fairly relaxed don't they?

I'd be shitting a brick.

Nice smile from our wee poor lass with the Minnie Mouse hairstyle at the beginning.

theticklemister

Wile coincidence there, watched a bbc programme about the drugs trade from peru last night. It told the story of one british person who was offered money to travel to peru to transfer the drugs.

It is available on bbc iplayer, well worth a watch. The wee girl doing the documentary is quite a wee looker too!

God14

Tickle I watched that as well
Did you not think the wee girl doing the documentary was a complete empty head? If that's the best investigative journalist BBC3 can come up to cover a story like this... then I dunno!
However it was an interesting watch all the same.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theticklemister

Quote from: God14 on August 13, 2013, 09:41:10 AM
Tickle I watched that as well
Did you not think the wee girl doing the documentary was a complete empty head? If that's the best investigative journalist BBC3 can come up to cover a story like this... then I dunno!
However it was an interesting watch all the same.
I did actually!!! Think it must have been her first documentary to be fair.

She was using words such as 'the people here had no "lecky"(electricty)' to the people from Peru. They musnt ad a clue what she was on about!!!

Very interesting all the same

From dungannon but lived on crumlin rd.

rodney trotter

Some awful sanctimonious c*nts on here. Granted she was doing wrong and drugs ruin a lot of lives but what would you say if your sister had gotten herself tangled up in something like this?? F*ck her, good enough for her?

Sounds like she got involved in something way above her head (maybe running up debts herself?) and was then forced into doing this to get herself out of it.

Have a read of the book Marching Powder for an insight into what jails were like in Bolivia in the 90s, I presume they're not much better in Peru.

I'd say the best she can hope for is to be able to serve her prison time at home.

What are you babbling on about. If she was running up debts she could have always went home to Belfast and explained to her family she was low in funds.

HiMucker

Its not her first docu.  Stacey Dooley.  Does quite a bit of them.  Think its to dum it down a bit to appeal to younger viewers, more of the reality TV generation.  Bit of a dose, but wasn't a bad show all the same.  You could see her bee stings even before the swarm of bees attacked!

trueblue1234

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 13, 2013, 03:38:14 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on August 12, 2013, 04:37:03 PM
Poor girl and poor family. In jail overseas, especially somewhere like Peru won't be easy.
Former Middletown / Madden woman from what I believe.....

Could be worse, some people have to got to Mass!!!

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 13, 2013, 03:40:30 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 12, 2013, 12:35:40 PM
According to the Irish Sun (via U.TV) she's on a hunger strike now.  :o

Defo UK behaviour, no real Irish person who gets to stay live years in Peru and does not take advantage of being in the home of the Spud would say no.

Mayo you make little enough sense when you post sober, don't try it when your loaded. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

macdanger2

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 10:02:30 AM

What are you babbling on about. If she was running up debts she could have always went home to Belfast and explained to her family she was low in funds.

::) Babbling?

How very observant of you, yes she could have rang home for the money - the fact that she wasn't smart enough to do this means she should spend the next 10 years in a Peruvian prison? It's amazing how some people appear to have no sense of empathy

NAG1

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2013, 01:45:28 PM

How very observant of you, yes she could have rang home for the money - the fact that she wasn't smart enough to do this means she should spend the next 10 years in a Peruvian prison? It's amazing how some people appear to have no sense of empathy

At 20 years of age, what kid is going to phone home and ask for money for a drug debt?

Yet this is all very idle speculation, one thing is for certain that two more young lives and that of their families have been wrecked by the drug trade. Think they are to be pitied rather than vilified.

Franko

It's difficult to empathise with these girls.  At the end of the day they were trafficking drugs.  Like someone said earlier - if these young girls were 2 40 year old men would there be much empathy?

Quote from: NAG1 on August 13, 2013, 01:47:22 PM

Have a read of the book Marching Powder for an insight into what jails were like in Bolivia in the 90s, I presume they’re not much better in Peru.

I’d say the best she can hope for is to be able to serve her prison time at home.

At 20 years of age, what kid is going to phone home and ask for money for a drug debt?

Yet this is all very idle speculation, one thing is for certain that two more young lives and that of their families have been wrecked by the drug trade. Think they are to be pitied rather than vilified.

20 year old "kid"?  That's a bit of a stretch...

As someone of a similar age I know I'd explore a helluva lot of options if I was short of money before I'd try trafficking drugs out of South America!

orangeman

Drugs are horrible and those who peddle them.

But she's still somebody's daughter lads.