So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: EC Unique on August 12, 2013, 02:56:55 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on August 12, 2013, 01:06:54 PM
She's innocent it seems cos she was the family's "baby" according to her sister  :-\

Interesting line of defence!

At the moment we don't know the circumstances but I don't think it matters a whit. If she was forced to be a drugs mule then she is fcuked irregardless. There are a fair few foreigners banged up in Mountjoy who were caught in Dublin Airport and we don't see anyone crying for them.

That said I am sure conditions in The Joy, bad and all as they are, are sheer luxury compared to a place like Peru.

That is the important bit in bold. A lot of opinions on here when not one clue is known about what has really happened. Feel sorry for her regardless.

Working in a Party place like Ibiza for the summer doing bar work and dancing, travels to Peru for a few days with a friend from work, probably to collect something for an employer. Hardly went there to collect Sugar and milk.

It's too bad it happened, but no excuse to be messing with Drugs if she is guilty.

God14

If she was working as a nightclub hostess, or exotic dancer its hard to imagine her being so gullible? Normally those employed in this field are fairly streetwise.

The Iceman

Poor girl and poor family. In jail overseas, especially somewhere like Peru won't be easy.
Former Middletown / Madden woman from what I believe.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Syferus

It's one thing being caught as a drug mule when you're from a country where a decent standard of life isn't even the norm but another entirely to be a western girl from Ireland (who seems to have a diploma if some sort in photography and appears to have been signed to a modelling agency in Belfast).

Whatever she did she can't have anyone to blame but herself. The penalty is there for a reason and it's to deter people from becoming drug mules.

mb80b60

Quote from: The Iceman on August 12, 2013, 04:37:03 PM
Poor girl and poor family. In jail overseas, especially somewhere like Peru won't be easy.

The girl herself or her family?  I'm quite familiar with the Middletown/Madden area and I do not know her. 

ballinaman

Hard to comment when we don't know the full circumstances but it doesn't look good. Say her family are in bits.

Reminds me of two lads I knew while on J1 in San Diego. These two lads were complete head the balls. The Irish in San Diego used to head to Tijuana on Wednesday nights to go on the lash. These 2 lads fell out of the nightclub called Safari. Anyway, they were approached by a guy who said if they wanted to earn 500 dollars for 1 hours work. The 2 lads then got into the car with the fella and off they went. (I know, idiots for a start).

The lads said they started to sober up as they had been driving for about 15 mins and were outside the City at this stage. Car pulled up to a gated mansion with 2 armed guards with machine guns. They were asked to go inside and were told they were going to drive a car each across the border. It was a people smuggling operation, the 2 Irish lads then started to shit themselves as you would. One of the boys said his passport was with his friends back in the club and said they needed to go back, Mexicans weren't happy and said the were fucked if they were lying. Drove them back and then Irish lad A said his friend was now at the border about to cross with his passport, so needed to meet him there,2 lads then got to about 100m of the border and did a legger from the car. Unreal stuff, 2 absolute idiots but very lucky boys all the same! I would have been sceptical of the story but a few mates saw them run from the car and the chase that ensued, also the 2 were absolute headers with drink taken.

boojangles

Quote from: glens abu on August 11, 2013, 03:23:35 PM
For me if guilty she deserves all she gets,too many young lives ruined by people like this.

What if she was carrying the drugs for a separatist or political movement or if she was carrying a bomb? Would she deserve all she gets then?

God14

She arrived in Peru in the early hours of the first of August. And attempted to depart on the sixth of August. Given she was uncharacterisicaly not on social media, or in touch with her family, you'd wonder what really was going on. Details at the moment are very sketchy to say the least.

pullhard

For me if guilty she deserves all she gets,too many young lives ruined by people like this.

cant really disagree with this at all

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: pullhard on August 12, 2013, 05:46:24 PM

cant really disagree with this at all

Publicans ruin more lives than Cocaine smugglers I would say. Time to start rounding them up.

macdanger2

Some awful sanctimonious c*nts on here. Granted she was doing wrong and drugs ruin a lot of lives but what would you say if your sister had gotten herself tangled up in something like this?? F*ck her, good enough for her?

Sounds like she got involved in something way above her head (maybe running up debts herself?) and was then forced into doing this to get herself out of it.

Have a read of the book Marching Powder for an insight into what jails were like in Bolivia in the 90s, I presume they're not much better in Peru.

I'd say the best she can hope for is to be able to serve her prison time at home.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: The Iceman on August 12, 2013, 04:37:03 PM

Could be worse, some people have to got to Mass!!!
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.