So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold tea

Quote from: orangeman on August 13, 2013, 02:09:44 PM

Drugs are horrible and those who peddle them.

But she's still somebody's daughter lads.

Everyone is someone's child - not a great argument or defence.

orangeman

Quote from: Cold tea on August 13, 2013, 02:24:59 PM

I'm not defending her or making an argument for her.

God forbid it was one of our own, that's all the point I'm making.

NAG1

Quote from: orangeman on August 13, 2013, 02:28:06 PM

+1

Obviously not the brightest two girls around and there easier to be manipulated etc

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NAG1 on August 13, 2013, 02:34:04 PM

+1

Obviously not the brightest two girls around and there easier to be manipulated etc

Now how do you know that?  Nobody on this board knows anything about these girls.  They could be poor unfortunates who got caught up in something that was way above their heads or they could be central parts to the whole shebang in that they knew exactly what they were getting into and thought the risk of doing it was worth the money they might have been promised.  All we know is that they were caught doing something illegal in a high risk environment and no matter what the reasons were they will end up in jail for at least 2 years as that is the likely timeframe for this case to reach trial. 

gallsman

As would be the end consumer of the drugs she was helping to peddle.

I'm not advocating locking her up, throwing away the key and forgetting about her but nor do I think the fact should be ignored that she appears to have been committing a very serious crime,

give her dixie

This is an extremely sad case unfolding for these 2 young girls, and for their family and friends.
The way it looks, they could go to jail. for a good few years, and to be honest, judging by  the conditions
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

As bad as it looks for the girls and the stigma attached to smuggling drugs, it is worth taking into account
the high level of smuggling that goes on here on a daily basis. Containers of cigarettes, drink, diesel, etc etc
are moving in and out of the country at an alarming rate and are doing serious harm to peoples health and
the environment.

Both girls will have a long time to reflect on what has happened, and I can only hope they come out the other side
with their sanity. Lets hope they get all the help and support right now to get them home soon. It is going to be tough for
their families, and they need to have respect and privacy at this tough time.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

NAG1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 13, 2013, 03:37:46 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 13, 2013, 02:34:04 PM

+1

Now how do you know that?  Nobody on this board knows anything about these girls.  They could be poor unfortunates who got caught up in something that was way above their heads or they could be central parts to the whole shebang in that they knew exactly what they were getting into and thought the risk of doing it was worth the money they might have been promised.  All we know is that they were caught doing something illegal in a high risk environment and no matter what the reasons were they will end up in jail for at least 2 years as that is the likely timeframe for this case to reach trial.

BC1, maybe the were criminal masterminds at the very pinnacle of the drugs trade. But I will go on what is known for now, two foreign girls fly to Peru stay for a short period of time and head back to Spain neither of them being Spanish passport holders. Flying from the second most popular drug trafficking country in the world.

Maybe they were manipulated or maybe they wanted to do it for the cash. Either way to me they made poor choices and too me that isnt the brightest decision they will ever make, when you weight the risk to reward.

So either way I look at it - not overly clever on their behalf.

Lecale2

They look remarkably relaxed in that video.

Fuzzman

Yes they don't look like they realised the severity of the situation.
Looking at the various photos of the poor Tyrone girl, she would imagine she's not the most sensible of girls and lives a party lifestyle.
You would imagine she probably dabbled in drugs whilst in Ibiza like many young people and maybe were told they were going to collect some lower grade drug. Who knows but I do have some sympathy for them as they probably are in for a hell of a hard few years just cos they made some bad choices.

The fact that she was off FB for 2 weeks does kinda show that she knew she was about to do something very wrong and didn't have the brains to cover it up by continuing to post as usual.

T Fearon

Both look like they're as guilty as sin, though a trifle naive. How did their handlers not realise that they'd be rumbled though? Looks like they underestimated the Peruvians, just like Ally Mc Coist and Scotland did at the 78 World Cup Finals. Hold on, isnt one of these girls' Scottish too?

T Fearon

Oops that of course should have been Ally Mc Leod and Scotland back in 78! ;D

God14

There's more developments this evening.

It seems the girls are claiming that they were kidnapped at gunpoint by a Columbian gang, taken to Morocco for a spell, before travelling to Peru and been forced to transport the Cocaine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/peru-drugs-arrest-brits-held-2161325?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

rodney trotter

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2013, 01:45:28 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 13, 2013, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2013, 02:53:11 AM
Some awful sanctimonious c*nts on here. Granted she was doing wrong and drugs ruin a lot of lives but what would you say if your sister had gotten herself tangled up in something like this?? F*ck her, good enough for her?

Sounds like she got involved in something way above her head (maybe running up debts herself?) and was then forced into doing this to get herself out of it.

Have a read of the book Marching Powder for an insight into what jails were like in Bolivia in the 90s, I presume they're not much better in Peru.

I'd say the best she can hope for is to be able to serve her prison time at home.

What are you babbling on about. If she was running up debts she could have always went home to Belfast and explained to her family she was low in funds.

::) Babbling?

How very observant of you, yes she could have rang home for the money - the fact that she wasn't smart enough to do this means she should spend the next 10 years in a Peruvian prison? It's amazing how some people appear to have no sense of empathy

Why would you let her off because she is 20 and good looking. State of the Prisons in Peru are the reality of going to a very Poor County like Peru where Drug arrests are massive.
The prisons conditions are not as bad for Females as Males.
Feel for her family but somebody getting caught up in Drugs I wouldn't have much time for.

armaghniac

QuoteIt seems the girls are claiming that they were kidnapped at gunpoint by a Columbian gang, taken to Morocco for a spell, before travelling to Peru and been forced to transport the Cocaine.

How did they get from Morocco to Peru without passing through an airport/security/passport control? At that point, say hasta la vista and head first thing to Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B