Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:02:57 PM
Quote from: bingobus on November 23, 2009, 11:58:46 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 11:51:03 AM
Quote from: bingobus on November 23, 2009, 11:46:57 AM
Absolutely priceless....

Bombs, shooting's, alerts etc and the usual suspects post to have a go at the police for been careful and doing their job.  ???  ???

A few weeks ago the same posters where crying about the police not telling them their was a bomb. No middle ground as usual.

Most local people don't believe that existed.  If it did, do you think it's acceptable that they didn't tell anyone?  Do you think it's acceptable that someone on this board told us police knew about a bomb the area was sealed off and it was all over the news?
Do you think that's acceptable actions of a so called police force?

What didn't exist? The bomb...for feck sake behave yourself. Of course its not acceptable to not inform the locals. But now that they are following on alerts, tip offs, hoaxs etc the day after a shoot out in Fermanagh (maybe that was just someones TV turned up too loud) and a bomb exploded in Belfast, you still find fault and put it down as bullshit. Priceless.
No I suppose the police would never lie  ::)   It makes perfect sense for republicans to plant a massive bomb in the republican area. 
Of course it's not acceptable to inform the locals? So why are you having a dig at people complaining about it in your previous post?
So why not disown them?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

sammymaguire

lads its all a load of shite, I think anyone with half a brain realises that this achieves nothing whether its actually going on or not. Are the arguments here about whether there is genuine dissident republican threat actually happening or the cops are making this up and causing hassle on a Monday morning?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:10:45 PM
Disown who?

The Bombs why don't CIRA/RIRA issue a joint statement saying these are not there work and questioning who work it is. Or even demanding the IMC look into it
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 12:13:38 PM
Disown who?

The Bombs why don't CIRA/RIRA issue a joint statement saying these are not there work and questioning who work it is. Or even demanding the IMC look into it
No idea, maybe they're happy to have the attention and publicity?  Probably gives the impression they're doing something and are a bigger organisation than they actually are.

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:17:49 PM
Disown who?

No idea, maybe they're happy to have the attention and publicity?  Probably gives the impression they're doing something and are a bigger organisation than they actually are.

It would clearly be a massive PR coup to have the Brits found out to be up to this. As normal you pick the facts that suit your agenda and create a complex story when the simpler one doesn't suit you.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 12:20:01 PM
Disown who?

It would clearly be a massive PR coup to have the Brits found out to be up to this. As normal you pick the facts that suit your agenda and create a complex story when the simpler one doesn't suit you.
And people like you, who think you know it all, would believe dissident republicans over the Brits I suppose?

Rafa

Lads whether Pints is correct or not in his suspicions (and we cannot say with certainty one way or the other) you can't criticise him for holding those suspicions.

Whether or not the British security forces are behind any of this I don't know but they certainly have the capability and motives for it not to mention past form.

thejuice

if one of them was shot yesterday they'd probably try spin it as a return of the "Shoot to Kill" policy.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:22:21 PM
Disown who?

And people like you, who think you know it all, would believe dissident republicans over the Brits I suppose?

At least put the claim out there for all to decide upon or ask the IMC to look at it. At them moment we've a  tiny fringe element on here (I've seen this claim no where else) who still want to blame the Brits when Tesco are out of their favour type of jam.

Gnevin

Quote from: Rafa on November 23, 2009, 12:24:16 PM
Lads whether Pints is correct or not in his suspicions (and we cannot say with certainty one way or the other) you can't criticise him for holding those suspicions.

Of course you can. This is the same man who doesn't believe we landed on the moon.  ::)

Rafa

Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 12:28:38 PM
Quote from: Rafa on November 23, 2009, 12:24:16 PM

Of course you can. This is the same man who doesn't believe we landed on the moon.  ::)

Completely unrelated incidents, how is that relevant?

If you're trying to say he is parnoid or into conspriacies well it still doesn't change the fact that the British security forces have the capability and motives to be behind this, again I can't say if they are one way or the other.

Just because someones paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get them!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on November 23, 2009, 12:27:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2009, 12:22:21 PM
Disown who?

At least put the claim out there for all to decide upon or ask the IMC to look at it. At them moment we've a  tiny fringe element on here (I've seen this claim no where else) who still want to blame the Brits when Tesco are out of their favour type of jam.
You should trying talking to the people in south armagh, I don't think I know one who belives there was a bomb there. 
If they put it "out there" you still wouldnt believe it.  If the brits had a history of stealing jars of jam from tesco they might just be blamed for it if it happened again, yes. 

I suppose you think the brits would never be involved in dirty tricks?

Hereiam

With you on this one pints. Alot of strange things going on recently.

Rafa

Quote from: Hereiam on November 23, 2009, 12:38:04 PM
With you on this one pints. Alot of strange things going on recently.

Great, I'm sure he's thrilled with your backing.  ::)