Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

He's a liability anyway, always likely to get sent off
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

highking

Its strange how a fellow who started at centre-back for Mayo against Derrry in the Championship in 2006, cant even make his club team a year later.... Is there any reason for this?

Bomber2312

He had a disagreement with the club after the ballintubber game, wasnt listed amongst subs.....simple as

Farrandeelin

I see on the Western that the U-21 Quarter-final between Knockmore and Westport is on this weekend in Crossmolina. What an absolute disgrace. Was the U-21 championship not started in August? You'd think they'd find some spare days to play these Quarterfinals before the first weekend in November.
Quarterfinals line-up:
Saturday
Westport v Knockmore in Crossmolina
Ballina Stephenites v Ballintubber in Westport
Sunday
Castlebar Mitchels v Breaffy in Ballyheane

No sign of the other quarterfinal.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 28, 2008, 06:44:30 PM
I see on the Western that the U-21 Quarter-final between Knockmore and Westport is on this weekend in Crossmolina. What an absolute disgrace. Was the U-21 championship not started in August? You'd think they'd find some spare days to play these Quarterfinals before the first weekend in November.
Quarterfinals line-up:
Saturday
Westport v Knockmore in Crossmolina
Ballina Stephenites v Ballintubber in Westport
Sunday
Castlebar Mitchels v Breaffy in Ballyheane

No sign of the other quarterfinal.

Its bullshit alrite. The whole thing was put back a couple of times because of the minors but even the minor club campaign takes precedence over the U-21

Mayo4Sam

Is the minor final not on this Sunday?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

highking

County Minor A Football Final, Sun 09 Nov at 2:00
Knockmore v Aghamore, Ref: TBC in Charlestown

However, if Aghamore beat Kilbride tomorrow in the Connacht IFC then the Aghamore Intermediates are due to play their final the following Sunday 9th November, so the Minor final will probably be put off for another week.

mayo51

aughamore 0.07  kilbride 0.04 half time.aughamore dominating first half but they may come to rue the 8 wides that they have already kicked.

StoneWall

Aughamore were beaten by a point after extra time by Kilbride. Killala won their Connacht junior semi by 2.

Westport and Ballintubber won their U-21 quarter finals. Didn't hear any of the other U-21 results. Ballintubber must be favourites for the U-21, they by Ballina by 16 points, 5-8 to 0-7!

RedandGreenSniper

Breaffy beat Mitchels in the other quarter-final. Didn't hear the score. Aghamore playing Ballinrobe in the other quarter final, delayed cos of Aghamore in the Connacht Intermediate Championship.
Breaffy playing Ballintubber in one semi-final, that'll be a right one!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: StoneWall on November 03, 2008, 10:22:33 AM
Aughamore were beaten by a point after extra time by Kilbride. Killala won their Connacht junior semi by 2.

Westport and Ballintubber won their U-21 quarter finals. Didn't hear any of the other U-21 results. Ballintubber must be favourites for the U-21, they by Ballina by 16 points, 5-8 to 0-7!

Not near favourites Stonewall.
We hit a purple patch against Ballina and were lucky really with the goals. I dont believe Ballina performed on the day.
Breaffy beat Mitchles who had 11 players that played county. Thats no small feat. Surely they would be hotly tipped with the two O Sheas.
Also Aughamore beat us well early in the championship season, they are a a class act as well and have been winning loads at Bord Na nOg in recent times. And besides its impossible to get lads out training this time of year with college and stuff. 8 or 10 is no good. Its not going to happen id say.  :(

FL/MAYO

Were exactly is Aughamore, where do they draw their players from?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: FL/MAYO on November 03, 2008, 11:01:22 PM
Aghamore obviously, as well as Knock, and I think Kilkelly might be in there too. Don't know how they split the areas with Kilmovee. A man living in our parts won the Moclair with them in 1977.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 03, 2008, 11:06:27 PM
Aghamore obviously, as well as Knock, and I think Kilkelly might be in there too. Don't know how they split the areas with Kilmovee. A man living in our parts won the Moclair with them in 1977.

Thats a big area to pull players from. Claremorris used to have Knock lads at under age when I was a young fella.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: FL/MAYO on November 03, 2008, 11:09:57 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 03, 2008, 11:06:27 PM

Thats a big area to pull players from. Claremorris used to have Knock lads at under age when I was a young fella.
They seem to do well at underage from memory, like the minors getting to the final, so they must have a decent pick alright.