Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Worst kept secret in Derry, sad to say a lot of people knew what he was at and turned the other way.

Armagh18

Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 09:34:01 AM
His position is untenable. If I was a Derry player (apart from McFaul maybe) I'd lose every ounce of respect I had for him.
Jesus McFaul was in a row in a pub or something don't think its comparable.

Armaghtothebone

Yeah that's what  I'd seen.
The fact I haven't got a ticket for the final seems not so important now.

Those of you who have daughters will know what I think should happen if its true.

Rois

Dear god.  That is a horrendous read.  It's definitely from an authentic FB account - I just checked and we have mutual friends.

She has completely put herself out there.

Armagh18

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 10, 2023, 10:17:03 AM
Yeah that's what  I'd seen.
The fact I haven't got a ticket for the final seems not so important now.

Those of you who have daughters will know what I think should happen if its true.
Yeah I think we'd all be in agreement there. Not going to comment on whats true or whats not as obviously most of us here have no idea and are going off what we've heard but if that's true he deserves severely punished and then locked up and the key thrown away.

Poor woman, sincerely hope she is getting all the support she needs now and she can get through this and live her life in peace. Puts football into perspective.

illdecide

Quote from: Hereiam on May 10, 2023, 10:01:31 AM
Worst kept secret in Derry, sad to say a lot of people knew what he was at and turned the other way.

Yeah, there have been nothing but bad things to say about that man over the years even though nothing concrete had been said there were always rumours about him and the bad hoor of man that he is. Looking back now all the stories and rumours have foundations to them, it's just not normal to do them things (if they're true). How can you beat someone like that and them carrying your child too. Jasus I just don't know.
From a Derry perspective it's just rotten timing too with Sunday's game on the horizon but them lads should throw him to the lions (cops) and get on with their job. John Brennan quit his job with Swatragh a few days ago so maybe he can come in and help out until they get someone permenant in...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bogball88

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 10:07:31 AM
His position is untenable. If I was a Derry player (apart from McFaul maybe) I'd lose every ounce of respect I had for him.
Allegedly was involved in something similar before moving away if rumours were to be believed. Allegedly of course

Walter Cronc

Wise up GL you clampit!

tintin25

Allegations aside, never heard of anyone who had a good word to say about him

I'd also question the integrity of any player who has played under Gallagher and had an idea of what he was like

Ghost

Quote from: illdecide on May 10, 2023, 10:31:23 AM

Yeah, there have been nothing but bad things to say about that man over the years even though nothing concrete had been said there were always rumours about him and the bad hoor of man that he is. Looking back now all the stories and rumours have foundations to them, it's just not normal to do them things (if they're true). How can you beat someone like that and them carrying your child too. Jasus I just don't know.
From a Derry perspective it's just rotten timing too with Sunday's game on the horizon but them lads should throw him to the lions (cops) and get on with their job. John Brennan quit his job with Swatragh a few days ago so maybe he can come in and help out until they get someone permenant in...

I know it's a serious topic but you have to be taking the piss with that one....Realistically if Gallagher does step aside which I'd imagine the likes of McKaigue, Glass and the other senior players will probably ask of him to get rid of some of the negative attention around the teams then Muldoon and Meenagh will take over control.

Armagh18

Quote from: bogball88 on May 10, 2023, 10:33:41 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 10:07:31 AM
Allegedly was involved in something similar before moving away if rumours were to be believed. Allegedly of course
Apologies hadn't heard that.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Ghost on May 10, 2023, 10:39:34 AM

I know it's a serious topic but you have to be taking the piss with that one....Realistically if Gallagher does step aside which I'd imagine the likes of McKaigue, Glass and the other senior players will probably ask of him to get rid of some of the negative attention around the teams then Muldoon and Meenagh will take over control.

You don't know much about an elite set up if you think players are gonna ask him to step aside.

Why is this only coming out now? The mob are quick to jump on it. How do we know her account hasn't been hacked? Innocent til proven guilty is it not?

yellowcard

That makes for horrific reading and Gallagher should be rightly finished in management after that. Casts a huge shadow over the game at the weekend now too and the scramble for tickets pales into insignificance. Derry will have some big decisions to make, will they have time to get a manager in for Sunday or who would even want to step in given the situation.   

Armagh18

Quote from: tintin25 on May 10, 2023, 10:38:06 AM
Allegations aside, never heard of anyone who had a good word to say about him

I'd also question the integrity of any player who has played under Gallagher and had an idea of what he was like
Ah that's a bit far now. I doubt the players could have suspected that him being a bit of a wingnut could equate to him (allegedly) doing the things described in that post.

Wolfetones

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 10:43:22 AM
Quote from: Ghost on May 10, 2023, 10:39:34 AM

You don't know much about an elite set up if you think players are gonna ask him to step aside.

Why is this only coming out now? The mob are quick to jump on it. How do we know her account hasn't been hacked? Innocent til proven guilty is it not?

Call it a mob, call it whatever you want but there is absolutely no way that Gallagher can continue in his position as manager of Derry. The reason it's only coming out now is irrelevant.