China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

A general statement with no specific facts provides empirical data? Christ the night.

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on December 20, 2020, 06:19:13 PM
A general statement with no specific facts provides empirical data? Christ the night.

Cunny Funt posted the facts, I put forward a hypothesis. If you have anything useful to say about either of these then fire ahead.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

No, you've stated 'it provides a lot of empirical evidence' it does absolutely nothing of the sort.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on December 20, 2020, 06:13:13 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 20, 2020, 06:05:48 PM
Weekly update for the ROI. A bad week the worst since early November.

Cases 3381 (1397 more than last week)
Reported Deaths 34 (6 more than last week)

In hospital 233 (40 more than last week)
In ICU 29 (2 less than a week ago)

Going by the rise in the last 7 days a educated guess says by this day next week we'll likely have 5000+ weekly cases and few will be complaining about further restrictions added on December 28th with those numbers.

It provides a lot of empirical evidence that restaurants and pubs increase numbers.

Everywhere is packed now. Went to Dunnes today and had to queue for a hour. Covid hasn't stopped the madness at Christmas.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 20, 2020, 06:51:50 PM

Going by the rise in the last 7 days a educated guess says by this day next week we'll likely have 5000+ weekly cases and few will be complaining about further restrictions added on December 28th with those numbers.

It provides a lot of empirical evidence that restaurants and pubs increase numbers.

Everywhere is packed now. Went to Dunnes today and had to queue for a hour. Covid hasn't stopped the madness at Christmas.

Letterkenny rammed today, Derry not as much but still busy

dublin7

The fact cases on the increase is no doubt due to many things, including pubs and restaurants among others. With more people out and about mixing the virus spreads at a higher rate.

It could be worse. When you at the videos on social media today of the madness in the London train stations yesterday I'm glad I've no friends or relations travelling through there.

ONeill

What's the big meeting about tonight?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

thewobbler

The purpose of the meeting is that because London did something OTT, they have got to at least be seen to be considering similar measures.

It's all politics tonight; got f**k all to do with pandemic policy.

RedHand88

Quote from: ONeill on December 20, 2020, 07:35:49 PM

If you ask me, I think they're gonna make the easing of restrictions one day now instead of the 5 days.
4 of the parties will want to stop flights from England immediately, same as down south. We all know which party will object. Expect a petition of concern.

Could be a long night.

ONeill

Quote from: FermGael on December 20, 2020, 07:43:20 PM

Christmas Party ?

Gerry Kelly tackling Arlene on the photocopier.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 20, 2020, 07:45:19 PM

If you ask me, I think they're gonna make the easing of restrictions one day now instead of the 5 days.
4 of the parties will want to stop flights from England immediately, same as down south. We all know which party will object. Expect a petition of concern.

Could be a long night.

Stopping flights ferry's should have been done from the start..

Containing it on an island would have enabled everyone to get back to work and a thriving economy.

Nah, sure why would you do that? If given the same problem in 5 years (god forbid) the same Cnuts would do the same thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

6th sam

Quote from: thewobbler on December 20, 2020, 07:44:26 PM
The purpose of the meeting is that because London did something OTT, they have got to at least be seen to be considering similar measures.

It's all politics tonight; got f**k all to do with pandemic policy.

Tbf I don't think this is about politics. Politicians are bound to be genuinely scared as they know previous delays and complacency and indecision were a disaster. There is clear evidence of a more infectious mutation in England., The hospitals and ambulance service here are already under pressure . Government needs to act quick and firmly.

Hereiam

Do we get to call this the "Brit Flu" now.