Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

I am starting to think that the job is too big for Solskjaer. I'm not sure tactically he is good enough and if top 4 is gone after the weekend I don't know how many top players will be attracted to play for him this summer. Will he be ruthless enough to clear out the deadwood that needs shifting on?

I don't understand the mentality of fans hoping United lost tonight to another Manchester club when a place in top 4 was at stake which could have a big bearing on future success. There is almost a sense of resignation around the club at the minute and 7 defeats in 9 is sackable form.

Helix.

Quote from: trailer on April 24, 2019, 10:11:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 24, 2019, 10:05:55 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 24, 2019, 10:01:38 PM
I knew United were going to get beat when Lingard missed an open goal at 1-0. That 2nd goal conceded was a story of United's disjointed season. Needlessly gave the ball away in midfield an off form goalkeeper trying to save a routine shot with his feet instead of his hands.

City did what they had to do 2nd half a very controlled and well organized outfit but I would expect Burnley,Leicester and Brighton to make themselves harder to score against than United were tonight.

Burnley are already wearing their Speedos Brighton will get hammered but the Leicester game will be difficult

And Utd aren't? I don't think Lukaku actually came back from holiday, definitely didn't leave the buffet anyway the fat ****.

De Gea breaking my heart this year. Though his heart is broken with what's in front of him. How they keep Ashley young starting is madness. Darmians first start since Mourinho. Too many passengers tonight!

Capt Pat

Quote from: clarshack on April 24, 2019, 10:03:41 PM
Quote from: stiffler on April 24, 2019, 10:00:46 PM
7 defeats in 9; ole on a worse run than Jose ever was.

At what point does he come under pressure ?

The PSG win was probably the worst result for Utd long term. No way Ole could not have been appointed after it. He'll be gone by Christmas.

United used up a seasons good luck in the PSG game. He should not have been hired based on the PSG game. They should have waited until the end of the season which I thought was the original plan.

Muck Savage

Too many players are looking at where they will be next season and minding themselves. There are probably only a few players that are certain to be there next year, sad thing is there won't be as big a clear out as is needed. Mata, Herrera look gone, Magic, Young, Sanchez, Darmian, and a few more probably will be gone, and add in the constant talk about Pogba and De Gea leaving means they are all looking to where they will be next year and no focus on the rest of this season.
Top 4 has been there for the taking, United needed to be busting a gut to get something from the last few games. It shows the character of these players, and I really feel Pogba is a rotten Apple in a squad like this.
They are not that far off but they need 4 key signings in the summer, keep the the core and promoter a couple of youth players.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on April 24, 2019, 10:03:55 PM

Manager of the season contender they were saying on here...
Couldn't bring myself to cheer for them so went for a run. Not surprised they lost, they are shite.

Yes but the thing is, the match that I think lost Liverpool the title was the 0-0 draw with United. Half United's team were wearing neck braces, slings, missing limbs and finished the match on crutches, and you failed to take advantage.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Muck Savage on April 24, 2019, 11:09:47 PM
Too many players are looking at where they will be next season and minding themselves. There are probably only a few players that are certain to be there next year, sad thing is there won't be as big a clear out as is needed. Mata, Herrera look gone, Magic, Young, Sanchez, Darmian, and a few more probably will be gone, and add in the constant talk about Pogba and De Gea leaving means they are all looking to where they will be next year and no focus on the rest of this season.
Top 4 has been there for the taking, United needed to be busting a gut to get something from the last few games. It shows the character of these players, and I really feel Pogba is a rotten Apple in a squad like this.
They are not that far off but they need 4 key signings in the summer, keep the the core and promoter a couple of youth players.

Who are the core?

TabClear

Quote from: BennyCake on April 24, 2019, 11:26:02 PM

Couldn't bring myself to cheer for them so went for a run. Not surprised they lost, they are shite.

Yes but the thing is, the match that I think lost Liverpool the title was the 0-0 draw with United. Half United's team were wearing neck braces, slings, missing limbs and finished the match on crutches, and you failed to take advantage.

I think thats probably right. Its hard to criticise a team that has only lost once to date but that run of West Ham, Everton, and Utd where scoring goals were a problem is ultimately going to be the killer.

Milltown Row2

City have beaten mostly everyone in the league at least once, beating a 5th/6th placed team is no surprise Sherlock.

Liverpool will only have themselves to blame for slipping up against Utd and Everton, the two worst teams in the top half. I still think City will draw somewhere along the line
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaafan2

There was a reason Fergie got rid of him.

magpie seanie

Yet your genius team and manager settled for a draw against them when they were effectively down to 9 men. Could be the 2 points that lose ye the title.....

gawa316

Quote from: gaafan2 on April 25, 2019, 09:11:34 AM

There was a reason Fergie got rid of him.

Yet he made the PFA team of the year so he can't be all that bad!

NAG1

Think the pundits on Sky got it bang on last night and I can see what Gary Neville was getting at when keane scoffed at him. The players gave pretty much everything they had, but City are at a different level and they exposed a couple of moments of weakness.

Shaw couldnt sort his feet out to make a tackle and Darmian after such a long lay off got lazy and didnt close down the shot from Sane. That is how it is, no lack of effort but a general lack of belief and a lack of quality which are a bad mix.

Keane is right to be any where competitive you need to start at the back and build a back four so I would imagine that will be the priority for the first two windows at least. Dalot could do a job at right back and Shaw at left back in the mean time. Hold onto Herrera and hecould fill the mid field role with McTominay and PP until the back four is sorted.

All  ifs and buts, but as I have said before at there is someone in there now who knows the values of the club and what is expected so hopefully his transfer dealings will reflect that.

imtommygunn

Pogba is the worst kind of player. He's good when he wants to be. I honestly think that united's great run was (not entirely but mainly) because of him and I honestly think the same about their bad run too!

gawa316

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 25, 2019, 09:14:34 AM

Yet your genius team and manager settled for a draw against them when they were effectively down to 9 men. Could be the 2 points that lose ye the title.....

Magpie you're an awful fella for taking the bait...I'd have thought you'd be more concerned with your claim of signing Messi, Ronaldo and Maradona to get this 90 point tally you and MM talk about

NAG1

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2019, 09:19:29 AM
Quote from: TabClear on April 25, 2019, 08:55:41 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 24, 2019, 11:26:02 PM

I think thats probably right. Its hard to criticise a team that has only lost once to date but that run of West Ham, Everton, and Utd where scoring goals were a problem is ultimately going to be the killer.
It was the Leicester game where I think the damage was done. 1 up after a after a few minutes we should have went on and buried them. Mane missed a great chance to put us two up also. Like you say though hard to criticise after only losing 1 game so far. Great times ahead and still the Champions League to look forward to.
Didn't expect anything from that useless shower last night and the United fans got the result they wanted anyway.

United won enough titles and I cant remember once relying on Liverpool to dig out a result for them, won them off their own back. Still three games to go and anything could happen.