All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Quote from: Will it ever end on January 10, 2023, 11:18:07 AM
Quote from: grounded on January 09, 2023, 10:39:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 09, 2023, 09:34:01 PM
Kilmacaud have more scoring forwards. I imagine that there is probably a chance mannion could play some part too.

I think glen have a better manager and may set up better but I am not convinced there's enough scores in them when the likes of Walsh is at the other end. Hope I am wrong.

Dias in midfield is a great player for kilmacaud. Glen still are probably stronger there but kilmacaud no slouches there either.

Yes Dias is a super player. I could never understand why he was substituted against Kilcoo last year. Foolish move.
     I worry about Glen in the final. Kilmacud have scoring threats all over the pitch and a much better bench. The only thing that I can see beating Kilmacud is a management brain fart as happened last year.
     Glen need Glass pushing up and getting/setting up scores to have any chance. They're playing him as a defensive midfielder anchor and that needs to change. It's just a pity McFaul is out. His presence last year allowed Glass  much more leeway going forward. Really noticeable this year.

Conor Glass for his part with Derry & Glen always starts deep & i'm open to correction but has scored in each round of the championship to date?

Yep he scored 0-01( 45 ) vs EC, 0-02 vs Cargin, 0-01 vs Kilcoo and a point on Sunday.
   He's been the best player for Glen and for me the best midfielder in this competition. It's just the few times you do see him going forward Glen look so much more direct and dangerous instead of stalling and going lateral/backwards. I'd guess with Warnock playing CHB he also has to cover any aerial threat from this area.
   If Glen can stay within touching distance, and Glass is allowed to/able to produce a few forward runs towards the end of the game, when Kilmacud are known to be shaky it could be the difference.

imtommygunn

He's a very good tackler. Been a long time since I have seen someone put the hand in and flick the ball away so adeptly as he did a few times on sunday. Usually these things are more about running into blind alleys and getting dispossessed with weight of numbers these days but he seems to have the art of tackling.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2023, 02:45:06 PM
He's a very good tackler. Been a long time since I have seen someone put the hand in and flick the ball away so adeptly as he did a few times on sunday. Usually these things are more about running into blind alleys and getting dispossessed with weight of numbers these days but he seems to have the art of tackling.
Yeah thats a great skill. Did one in particular near the last when the MC lad was running up the middle, hand in and ball flicked away. Great player

Estimator

Derek O'Mahoney (Tipp) is in charge of the final.
Don't know too much about him as a ref, think he was on the line in the Derry / Galway AI semi-final.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Blowitupref

Quote from: Estimator on January 13, 2023, 02:55:43 PM
Don't know too much about him as a ref, think he was on the line in the Derry / Galway AI semi-final.

What i seen of him average at best.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 13, 2023, 03:17:50 PM
Quote from: Estimator on January 13, 2023, 02:55:43 PM

What i seen of him average at best.

Excuses in early then.. the ref is average! Christ the state of that post
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

east down gael

What's wrong with it? Refs can't be average no? Or is it they can't be discussed at all?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: east down gael on January 15, 2023, 11:30:35 AM
What's wrong with it? Refs can't be average no? Or is it they can't be discussed at all?

You can let him ref it and then judge?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

east down gael

So past performances can't be discussed? Good to know

Milltown Row2

Quote from: east down gael on January 15, 2023, 11:36:50 AM
So past performances can't be discussed? Good to know

So give me some knowledge of his performances in the past? What's his traits?

east down gael

I've no idea, and will never know now you have decreed it that referees can't be discussed. Maybe lighten up a bit, you've seen an attack on a referee where there wasn't one,which is fine. And you're quick to defend referees which is also fine. Enjoy your sunday

Milltown Row2

Quote from: east down gael on January 15, 2023, 11:42:08 AM
I've no idea, and will never know now you have decreed it that referees can't be discussed. Maybe lighten up a bit, you've seen an attack on a referee where there wasn't one,which is fine. And you're quick to defend referees which is also fine. Enjoy your sunday

So you've never seen him ref but willing to row in behind someone's post saying he was average!

And where in any of my posts did I say you can't discuss ref's? Before you jump in read it first

east down gael

What's wrong with average? By definition the majority of us are average. Like I said, you're reading too much into what was a fairly benign statement.

Milltown Row2

If you think his post was an encouraging one that's fine