Post All Ireland Mayhem

Started by 5 Sams, September 17, 2016, 01:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

If Mayo do it on Sunday I'd say the lads in Croker wont hold them back from getting on the field. Castlebar will be mad Monday night..then Ballina, Westport, etc....it'll be wild. Like us in 91 in the Buttercrane Carpark, on the piss for a week..94 dancing on the counter of the Brass Monkey at 4 in the morning.. dunno about 1960 but I hear it was nuts...Armagh at the Carrickdale in 02, Tyrone in Aughnacloy in 2003...then them hoors in Kerry will say about Thursday somewhere back west...has anyone seen the canister. Regale me with stories lads.
The Aristocrat Years

Beffs

Funny, I was just saying to the brother, that if Mayo win, I bet there will be a pitch invasion. I hope there is. They are one of the truly unique & epic GAA scenes. Heath and safety me bollox !

5 Sams

Quote from: Beffs on September 17, 2016, 01:11:22 AM
Funny, I was just saying to the brother, that if Mayo win, I bet there will be a pitch invasion. I hope there is. They are one of the truly unique & epic GAA scenes. Heath and safety me bollox !

I hope they do..."if" they win. Nobody will stop them.
The Aristocrat Years

Captain Obvious

Pitch celebrations it should be called and if Mayo do win Sunday it's only right their supporters should be allowed onto the field to celebrate it.

5 Sams

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2016, 01:25:24 AM
Pitch celebrations it should be called and if Mayo do win Sunday it's only right their supporters should be allowed onto the field to celebrate it.

+++1 They wont be held back. Hope it happens.
The Aristocrat Years

Beffs

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't begrudge them. Since the pitch invasions became a thing of the past, I've often heard it said that the players much prefer getting to celebrate on their own and do their lap of honor on their own, rather than having a bunch of drunken yahoos, hanging out of them, hoopin' and hollerin'. That's grand, for all the other counties, but Mayo are no ordinary county. Their supporters have suffered along with the players. Let them onto the pitch.

Mayoffs

Ultimate nightmare for the groundsmen though because there'll be chunks of the sod torn up and brought west as souvenirs.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Beffs

The pitch at Croke Park gets completely renewed and relaid, before and after each big game. It's called HQ for a reason. It ain't no Hyde Park. The groundsmen missing a few chunks of turf, is no big deal compared to the poor unfortunate stewards who will be spending the rest of September in traction in the Mater, if they try to stop the Mayo die hards from greeting their heros.  :P

sligoman2

I wish mayo all the best on Sunday.  If anyone deserves it ye do.  I would assume most non dubs would feel the same way.

Stop the cluxton short kickouts, keep tight at the backs and hope for the best.  I say bring it west.
Up mayo God help us. And invade the pitch if he win it, I know if we ever one, nobody would stop me from getting on the field and that's for sure
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

rrhf

I'm sure they'll not want to stand in the road of the big man from the Limerick match two years ago..

seafoid

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 17, 2016, 01:04:09 AM
If Mayo do it on Sunday I'd say the lads in Croker wont hold them back from getting on the field. Castlebar will be mad Monday night..then Ballina, Westport, etc....it'll be wild. Like us in 91 in the Buttercrane Carpark, on the piss for a week..94 dancing on the counter of the Brass Monkey at 4 in the morning.. dunno about 1960 but I hear it was nuts...Armagh at the Carrickdale in 02, Tyrone in Aughnacloy in 2003...then them hoors in Kerry will say about Thursday somewhere back west...has anyone seen the canister. Regale me with stories lads.
1960 must have been insane. Sam Maguire going to norn Irn .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Aaron Boone

It would take Mayo ages to even leave the stadium, they'd be late for their banquet. Faces of joy on every Mayo fan.

rrhf

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 17, 2016, 07:20:30 AM
It would take Mayo ages to even leave the stadium, they'd be late for their banquet. Faces of joy on every Mayo fan.
N worries the Rte guys will be there to polish off the 5 bird roast.

rrhf

Any pics of previous Mayo banquets?

muppet

Quote from: Mayoffs on September 17, 2016, 02:17:37 AM
Ultimate nightmare for the groundsmen though because there'll be chunks of the sod torn up and brought west as souvenirs.

Brought west?

They'd be eaten before they even made it to the Hogan Stand.
MWWSI 2017