Kilkenny

Started by seafoid, May 04, 2016, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2017, 08:20:32 AM
Tipps arrogance is, I think, a bit misunderstood. They have great confidence in themselves gan dabht, but they fully recognise the threat the likes of Galway, Kilkenny, Cork etc pose. There weren't too many Tipp fans overly cocky going into the Galway game the last 3 years for example. They are also inordinately hard on their own team when they lose, similar to the Kerry fans in football.

I think the arrogance comes from their attitude to the weaker counties. They have no concept that a team like Offaly, Dublin, Antrim, Laois etc could ever beat them and shouldn't be on the the same field as them.
I can't understand why they are so nihilistic when they lose. The hurlers can only do their best.
And they usually have very insightful and eloquent managers
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

manfromdelmonte

Brennan gone as U21 boss

great players don't always make great managers
Westmeath U21s beat them in 2016 and had them on the ropes this year but couldn't finish them off

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on September 10, 2017, 10:53:29 AM
Quote from: Avondhu star on September 10, 2017, 07:43:56 AM
You mustn't have spent too much time in the company of supporters of the Armagh one hit wonders if you think the Kilkenny lads are arrogant.
If they are they have something to be arrogant about

I spend all my time with Armagh supporters, we have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about, Kilkenny don't even bother to play football, all their recourses go t playing hurling, there are about six decent teams in hurling, the rest are fluff, nobody has the right to be arrogant and again their fans, the ones that I met were arrogant b**tards, just my experience, I despise the county for that as well as their love for the Royals and the brits in general, a loathesome county if ever there was one! :)

Thats five more than the current football teams has to show, with one team winning all before them  ;) 3 in a row and all that..

in saying that Mayo would be decent, the rest just lay down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

Mick Fennelly gone.

A colossus in the middle. Won't be easy finding another specimen like that.

gallsman

Quote from: orangeman on December 30, 2017, 11:43:48 AM
Mick Fennelly gone.

An absolute horse of a man who has been playing on borrowed time for years with the injuries he's had. Probably the best midfielder the game has seen this century.

Premier Emperor

I thought he retired in 2010 when Shane McGrath schooled him?

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on December 31, 2017, 11:27:08 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 30, 2017, 11:43:48 AM
Mick Fennelly gone.

An absolute horse of a man who has been playing on borrowed time for years with the injuries he's had. Probably the best midfielder the game has seen this century.

This will be a big blow to Cody's rebuilding plans as another core player has gone from which he could build a new team around.

Cody needs some of the periphery like Lennon to stand up and hope Murphy and Paudie Walsh hit some form to help Buckley to build the defence around. The forwards need a big improvement as well.

KK are back into the pack for sure now

Premier Emperor

All Kilkenny clubs have been asked to observe a minute's silence before their next game to commemorate the retirement of Brian Gavin.

mouview

Quote from: Premier Emperor on January 12, 2018, 01:15:39 PM
All Kilkenny clubs have been asked to observe a minute's silence before their next game to commemorate the retirement of Brian Gavin.

Now, now, PE. Can't recall Tipp doing likewise when John Denton called it quits.

Zooming around

Tipp will have one when Barry Kelly retires.

Premier Emperor

Neither of those refs did Tipp any favours!

let it fly

To be honest never thought john joe farrell was good enough very inconsistent, ger aylward a big surprise though

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0123/935500-brennan-cody-must-game-take-league-gamble/

I think Brian has to gamble a little bit in the League and try new lads out," he said. "I think three and six are probably two of the big problems he has at the moment. That was seen in the last year or two."

Full-back in particular has been an area of concern since JJ Delaney departed the scene, with Pádraig Walsh moved from the half-back line last year.

We haven't produced a forward of real class since Richie Hogan. That's a worry."

They are 7/1 for the all Ireland
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Galway solved their 3 and 6 problem and haven't looked back. If both can reach those same standards they'll be about at the business end of the year again.

Clare think they've solved their 3 and 6 problem but only the summer months will tell if Conor Cleary and David McInerney are the reincarnations of Lohan and Seany Mac respectively,

Tipp still may have questions over 3, Barry had a poor enough year last year, but had a good semi-final, Ronan Maher in a similar position as he didn't show the same dynamism.

Waterford have a 3, 6 and a false 3 in DeBurca which won't be enough to get them over the line as they're left a man short in the forwards.
Wexford are similar to Waterford in their format, but lacking the same quality at present. A few years behind in their development.

Cork in Cahalane and Joyce are steady if unspectacular. Cahalane is weak under a high ball IMO and Eoin Cadogan isn't the answer. I like Joyce though. Think they rode their luck last year and may struggle this year.

Dublin have a good bit of rebuilding to do, but in Rushe they've a very fine hurler and if he sticks to playing centre back and not trying to doing everything then he's the rock for the rest to work around. Needs more discipline in his game. Pete Kelly was able to give Callanan as good a game as any fullback a few years back. Whether he can hit those heights again is another thing. This year is a fact finding mission for Gilroy/Cunningham until they can find a settled team of the correct standards.