Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crice123

DuffleKing

Targetman

Eh, away to Armagh, he lives in Rostrevor!

Targetman

McKenna Cup draw made, Down in with UUJ, Derry and Armagh

hectorsheroes

Quote from: downjim on November 29, 2017, 04:50:02 PM
If the numbers are low then let seconds teams play in it
And how would that help the other teams in Div 4? That comes across as seriously arrogant - how about the the likes of yourself who are presumably from a "big" team maybe get your team to try and challenge the county champions instead of lie down or piss off to the states. Give a bit of bloody credit to the lower teams - they're gaels as well instead of using it as a bullying exercise

downjim

I do give credit to div 4 teams. It not arrogant in letting seconds teams play in div 4. It would improve div 4 teams as well. Kilcoo, Burren, Mayobridge and Clonduff have the numbers to facilitate two teams on a Friday night. It's not arrogance to allow them to do this, all these clubs not only have the numbers to do it but they have worked really hard and reserve players deserve a chance at this level. Am I the only one who thinks this would improve the lower leagues?

thewobbler

The saddest of news.

Our own 5Sams (Paddy Savage) passed away this morning. A true gael and an immeasurable loss to Ballyholland Harps. Rest in Peace my friend.

Lecale Gael

The premier reserves top 6 are division 2 bottom six/3 top six standard

it would be akin to letting the bottom 6 of division 1 play their first fifteen in division 3

there would be no benefit to division 4 clubs whatsoever. all the benefit will just be for the 6 premier reserves teams

if they just play the premier reserve games on a Friday night for a season they will see it will not work logistically.

anyway its not going to happen in 2018 but in 2019 if the county reverts to the u17/u15/u13 proposal at club level it will mean a "double" helping of lads just out of underage level. it might be a necessity by then......who knows

2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

Lecale Gael

Quote from: thewobbler on December 02, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
The saddest of news.

Our own 5Sams (Paddy Savage) passed away this morning. A true gael and an immeasurable loss to Ballyholland Harps. Rest in Peace my friend.

RIP Paddy Savage
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

downjim

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: thewobbler on December 02, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
The saddest of news.

I got a text telling me this. That is absolutely terrible news. Only met Paddy the once, in Croke Park, and I found him to be a gentleman. Desperately sorry to hear this. My sympathies to the Savage Family, Paddy's friends and my fellow Gaels at Ballyholland.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. 

OgraAnDun

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

umpire

i am sadden to hear that Paddy Savage has passed away.  Rest in Peace Paddy.

Smurfy123