Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: Snapchap on November 22, 2017, 10:05:18 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on November 17, 2017, 06:30:40 PM
Quote from: skeog on November 17, 2017, 06:21:18 PM
I would say Noel would make a good chairman sometime in the future.
Tyrone county secretary, Tyrone county chairman, club Tyrone, sponsorship,  it's kinda morphing into the one entity of the supreme commandership of Mickey the great.

And you're kinda making a fine job of making this page all about Harte too. Gwan shut the f@#k up for a while and let people talk/read something that isn't your dislike of Harte. We know you don't like him. Message received loud and clear.

Shut. Thee. Fcuk. Up.

Please.

It's actually ruining this page.

Amen!

Goals_Will_Come

3 Candidates put forward for U20 job. Anyone here of who?

redhandofgod

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on November 22, 2017, 12:41:18 PM
3 Candidates put forward for U20 job. Anyone here of who?

Paul Rouse
Larry Strain
Iggy Gallagher and Paul Donnelly

redhandefender

Would give Larry the shot out of them.

Rouse has been around the country 10 times over with little to show and the others haven't hardly produced with the minors

Degrassi Hi

Larry would be a good choice -  proven track record at club level and experience of playing Minor & Under 21 with Tyrone, if memory serves me right he was in the full forward line alongside Peter Canavan in the 1990 All Ireland final V Kerry.  Probably would bring the likes of Barry McGinn & Marty McCrory with him.

skeog

Lawrence is the standout candidate.Dont be surprised if he has a recently retired legend in his backroom team.

longballin

Same as that - Larry Strain the man,

southtyronegael

larry looks the best choice but he would need to go back to better tactics like with omagh in 2014. very poor tactically last year with omagh and i hear the monaghan harps lads werent too pleased with overly defensive gameplan this year.

redzone

Can u elaborate poor on how he was tactically poor last year with omagh

southtyronegael

Quote from: redzone on November 22, 2017, 10:39:02 PM
Can u elaborate poor on how he was tactically poor last year with omagh
did you not see them against clonoe in first round of championship? short kickout all the time, trying to run the ball up the field, hardly a kick pass. threw away a 3 point lead in injury time cause of crazy short kickout strategy and big grugan in midfield a passenger.

redzone

Forgot about that game actually. They were poor alright. I think the players were fed up at stage, whether it was with him or McGinn or both I'm not sure but a new manager gave them a lease of life.  I'd have thought rouse would be more of a coach than a manager. Wonder which club nominated him
I'd liked to have seen dinky involved, good coach by all accounts and proven record at this level

southtyronegael

yeah dinky is an interesting one. was very impressed with him with monaghan u21s when they beat us in ulster final couple years ago. had his team set up much better tactically than the much vaunted logan, dooher and canavan.

skeog

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 22, 2017, 10:06:35 PM
larry looks the best choice but he would need to go back to better tactics like with omagh in 2014. very poor tactically last year with omagh and i hear the monaghan harps lads werent too pleased with overly defensive gameplan this year.

You are some slabber lol! Would love to know what involvement you have ever had in GAA criticising top successful managers. Such tripe! Go back to Fermanagh

Dinky is holding out for the monaghan senior job but would have Strain over him any day

southtyronegael

Redhand, where did I criticize Lawrence strain? Merely stated that he needs to get back to the tactics which served him well in 2014. But like alot of Tyrone coaches now they have been polluted by watchin too much of hartes county rubbish.