The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blow-in

Clonadmad, you seem to know a fierce amount about the goings on and emails within Laois GAA walls. You're hardly a GDA working for our county are you?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on May 17, 2018, 06:25:07 PM

You have the larger clubs shuttling up and down players between A/B and C squads to suit the occasion against clubs with one team

1 if not 2 clubs bringing in players from outside the county to pad out an u11 team

One prominent hurling club blatantly playing 2 u13's in an u11 game recently

Name and shame!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Batman!!! on May 17, 2018, 09:55:14 PM
Clonadmad, you seem to know a fierce amount about the goings on and emails within Laois GAA walls. You're hardly a GDA working for our county are you?

That's one thing I'm most definitely not

There's emails sent out to clubs every Friday from the county board containing fixtures and any other issues,you don't have to be exactly a big wheel in any club to access them.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on May 17, 2018, 10:43:32 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on May 17, 2018, 06:25:07 PM

You have the larger clubs shuttling up and down players between A/B and C squads to suit the occasion against clubs with one team

1 if not 2 clubs bringing in players from outside the county to pad out an u11 team

One prominent hurling club blatantly playing 2 u13's in an u11 game recently

Name and shame!

Maybe if the County Board actually tightened and published the rules relating to these age groups it wouldn't give the more unscrupulous loopholes

If that happened then the CB should go to   Town with REgard to anyone caught breaking the rules,bad behavior shouldn't be allowed Trum p clubs that are doing things right

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

Clough defeated Cullohill in the Div 1 Primary Schools Finals this week. Great to see two pretty rural schools doing so well.

Great credit also to Abbeyleix who won 3 Finals having qualified for 4. Their 3rd and 4th Class team beat Camross after extra time.

Seems to have been a lot of football area schools in finals too which is interesting.

LaoisToday are providing a great service. I hope it's sustainable in the long term because their volume of coverage is certainly making the Leinster Express up their online presence. Can only be a positive.

clonadmad

Quote from: merman on May 19, 2018, 10:38:17 AM
Clough defeated Cullohill in the Div 1 Primary Schools Finals this week. Great to see two pretty rural schools doing so well.

Great credit also to Abbeyleix who won 3 Finals having qualified for 4. Their 3rd and 4th Class team beat Camross after extra time.

Seems to have been a lot of football area schools in finals too which is interesting.

LaoisToday are providing a great service. I hope it's sustainable in the long term because their volume of coverage is certainly making the Leinster Express up their online presence. Can only be a positive.

I wouldn't read too much into football area schools or Portlaoise schools for that matter being in C na B finals as an indicator of kids playing hurling,in a lot of cases this would be the final time they would have a Hurley in their hand

Timahoe Ns beaten in a final,panel of 15/16,3 playing hurling with a club
Ballyadams Ns beaten in a final,panel of 12/13,3 or 4 at most playing hurling with a club
Ratheniska Ns won a camogie final,panel of 20 odd,3 playing camogie
Holy Family Ns won a hurling final,20 odd on a panel,4/5 playing with a club.

Giovanni

Tough day for the minors on Saturday.

Well beaten by a superior Dublin team in fairness. Were any of the Dubs under 6 ft? Huge team that could play a bit too.

I must say I admire the effort of this group of lads and the Dubs didn't get very many easy scores (apart from some silly frees). Overall, the scoreline really didn't do justice to their efforts. We missed at least 3 decent goal chances and several good point-scoring chances. Still, even if everything had gone right, we wouldn't have had enough for a very strong Dublin team.

There were a lot of silly frees conceded again on Saturday, which is something to be worked on. They need to keep up the aggression without conceding the frees.

Hard to take a defeat like that but still there are some decent players coming through.

redsetanta

Very touch to be well beaten like that. It is good to hear that they continued to battle and didn't lie down. If we can continue to get 2 or 3 players from each minor team it is a good outcome.
They have another game in this stage and then it will be knockout from the quarters. Things change.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

U21's out against Dublin on Saturday. I assume any of the lads involved with the seniors won't be considered. Bit pointless having it right in the middle of the competition particularly for smaller counties like Laois.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Minor hurlers also out Friday evening at 7pm in O'Moore PArk. What's the story with Camross, not one on the starting 15!

merman

Quote from: redsetanta on May 23, 2018, 11:01:49 AM
U21's out against Dublin on Saturday. I assume any of the lads involved with the seniors won't be considered. Bit pointless having it right in the middle of the competition particularly for smaller counties like Laois.

All senior lads will be starting.

Tough draw getting Dublin; this team have actually put in a decent shift and should be competitive. Gave Offaly a solid beating last week.

Hard to see them toppling the Dubs mind....

redsetanta

I see too where Fergals won the Juv hurling c but Mountrath CS were beaten in the b final.

Giovanni

Sounds like the minors gave a good account of themselves again. Was anyone here at it?

mountrath1

Was in o moore park today watching our u 21s vs Dublin. It was a committed performance  that in the end was exloited by the dubs .But some harrowing facts in relation to the development stages and our underage squads
1. Physical presence
2. Coaching standards
3. Desire (players and management)
4. Long term goals. (How can they be achieved)