That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 20, 2015, 01:54:11 PM
With Ros likely to rest their u-21's from the Senior team, it looks like Mayo's Hastings Cup to lose??

I like how people assume there's enough forward-thinking for the above to happen.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 20, 2015, 03:08:21 PM
With Ros likely to rest their u-21's from the Senior team, it looks like Mayo's Hastings Cup to lose??

I like how people assume there's enough forward-thinking for the above to happen.

Are you saying John Evans can't insist on that?

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 20, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

John and Nigel (our U21 manager last year) were at each other's throats. John mentioned an an 'arrangement' with Dowd (our U21 manager now) but seemed pretty pissed off that old Willie H of Shannonside was asking him about the U21 team at all in the aftermath of Sunday's game.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on January 20, 2015, 03:53:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 20, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

John and Nigel (our U21 manager last year) were at each other's throats. John mentioned an an 'arrangement' with Dowd (our U21 manager now) but seemed pretty pissed off that old Willie H of Shannonside was asking him about the U21 team at all in the aftermath of Sunday's game.

Senior team should always be a priority

ross4life

Result from tonight Galway 0-10 Tipp 1-6. Tipp into cup semi final and Galway into shield semi final?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

ross4life

Galway topped group on head to head so and Laois on scoring difference.

Shield semi finals

Kerry v Monaghan
Leitrim v Tipperary
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

galwayman

When are the two semi finals due to be played?

Syferus

If Leitrim had played the Clare game rather than taking the points and hammered them it would have been an All-Connacht semi-final line-up. I'd expect some cagey antics when we play Mayo and, if Galway beat Laois, in the final too.

GalwayBayBoy

Apparently it's Galway v Leitrim not Galway v Laois.

Shield semis are

Tipperary v Laois
Kerry v Monaghan

ross4life

Yeah seen that sets up all Connacht Hastings cup semi finals. The venues a busy Saturday in longford.

Saturday, 24th January 2015

U21 Hastings Cup Semi Finals

Both Games at 2pm

Oliver Lynch Park, Abbeylara (Abbeylara GAA): Galway V Leitrim

Clonbonny, Lanesboro (Rathcline GAA): Roscommon V Mayo

U21 Hastings Shield Semi Finals

Both games at 2pm

Dunbeggan, Longford (Grattan ÓG GAA): Tipperary V Laois

Keenan Park, Ardagh (St. Patrick's GAA): Kerry V Monaghan

Shrewdness

It will be a short enough spin for the bus on Saturday. Can any of my fellow Rossies provide an update on the fitness of Thomas Corcoran, Cathal Compton and Ultan Harney?

manfromdelmonte

Incredible that 4 Connacht teams have made the semi finals.

ross4life

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 21, 2015, 08:44:52 PM
It will be a short enough spin for the bus on Saturday. Can any of my fellow Rossies provide an update on the fitness of Thomas Corcoran, Cathal Compton and Ultan Harney?
In December the timescale for Corcoran was 2 to 3 months, after a year of playing through the pain Harney is wisely rested for championship. Compton was over played by DIT management & eventually picked up a knock that ruled him out of the O Byrne cup semi final. I haven't heard any news since so hopefully that means good news as the lad deserve a break on the injury front.

Michael Gunning who would have featured for our U21s this year did his ACL in a club game back in December. Kevin Finn is back after his 2nd ACL in 2 years, if ever a player needs a injury free year its him.

moysider

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 21, 2015, 11:43:01 PM
Incredible that 4 Connacht teams have made the semi finals.

Not really; Galway and Roscommon were always going to be there in fairness. The other 2 were dark horses I ll agree.