That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2014, 08:25:55 PM
. Some players may have played themselves out of the championship team today our defence should improve once Timothy,Murray,Daly return.
I suppose that's one good purpose for the Hastings anyway.
Better to find out now rather than 20 minutes into a Championship game.
I suppose Timothy, Murray, Conor Daly, John McManus and Connaughton will be starting v the Rhus.
Midfield E Smith and.... Harney.
Forwards in no particular order - Healy, Nally, D Murtagh, D Smith hopefully, Gunning, Finn.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 18, 2014, 08:55:32 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2014, 08:25:55 PM
. Some players may have played themselves out of the championship team today our defence should improve once Timothy,Murray,Daly return.
I suppose that's one good purpose for the Hastings anyway.
Better to find out now rather than 20 minutes into a Championship game.
I suppose Timothy, Murray, Conor Daly, John McManus and Connaughton will be starting v the Rhus.
Midfield E Smith and.... Harney.
Forwards in no particular order - Healy, Nally, D Murtagh, D Smith hopefully, Gunning, Finn.

You've lost the plot if you do t think Corcoran will be starting. Far too early to be appointing Finn either, only has got about 15 minutes of U21 football under himself at this stage. He'll probably get a bigger opportunity against Cavan to show he's fully for again and able to contribute.

I'd prefer Nally in the middle and Harney at 11 too.

moysider

2-3 today from Regan v Offaly.

Mayo 2-10 Offaly 1-4

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 18, 2014, 09:30:20 PM

Mayo 2-10 Offaly 1-4

An Offal lot of scoring from Regan this month, surely the Horan will be trying to talk him into a senior return?

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2014, 09:31:57 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 18, 2014, 09:30:20 PM

Mayo 2-10 Offaly 1-4

An Offal lot of scoring from Regan this month, surely the Horan will be trying to talk him into a senior return?

Already tried.

Still its only U21 form and Regan getting plenty of ball over the next while without senior as well so its just as well he is not involved. Anyway last Autumn was the time to have him available.

ross4life

The son of former Ros Gaels player Noel Regan and a first cousin to the Regans in the square in Ros town. Evan knows he has another option for his senior inter county career.  ;)

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2014, 09:57:07 PM
The son of former Ros Gaels player Noel Regan and a first cousin to the Regans in the square in Ros town. Evan knows he has another option for his senior inter county career.  ;)

I hope someone shows him this post!

That'll sort it.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

I knew a Mayo forward couldn't be so composed in front of goal.

Evan, come home.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

I knew a Mayo forward couldn't be so composed in front of goal.Evan, come home.

Never hear of Cillian O Connor young man ;)

And if there is one team that Regan would not play for ........

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 18, 2014, 10:54:55 PM

The exception that proves the rule 8)

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2014, 11:09:19 PM
Quote from: moysider on January 18, 2014, 10:54:55 PM

The exception that proves the rule 8)

O Connor proves that the rule does not hold for all cases and is therefore not a rule at all ;)

mylestheslasher

Can Mayo and Ros's please open a new thread where they can slag each other!

Another win for Cavan yesterday with an even more experimental team than against Mayo although with a decent center to the team. They won't be happy they let Longford back into it in the 2nd half but I think a lot of substitutions were on at that stage. I expect Cavan will go out fairly strong against Ros next week to get what will be the championship team on the pitch together. No sign of Gerry Smith getting any game time yet, he would be a massive loss for the team but McVitty and Moynagh have both played a couple of half games now so hopefully will be good to go for the championship. Conor Madden is doing the damage up front but seems to start well and then fade, he will be needed for the full 70 so must keep it going. All in all this panel looks to have loads of talent and it will be a challenge for management to get the right 15 on the pitch but I have faith in that team to do just that.

ross4life

Saturday 25th Jan

Hastings Shield Final
2PM Mayo v Tipperary - Keenan Park, Ardagh longford

Hastings cup    semi Finals

2PM Cavan v Roscommon -  Maguire Park,  Ballinalee Longford
2pm Westmeath v Meath - Oliver Lynch Park, Abbeylara Longford
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

rodney trotter

Should be a good competitive game. It was a great idea extending the Hastings Cup to 12 counties. Normally this time of year the final would have been last weekend after 2 group games, which was too short.

omagh_gael

Why doesn't Even Regan play for the seniors? Couldn't be arsed poking around other threads to find out!