FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 19, 2014, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2014, 07:21:49 PM
Serious early warning for Mayo.

Today we brought on a man who was probably the reason Conor Mortimor was dispensed with (I know he walked), the same man who got on against the Dubs ahead of Richie Feeney and who is apparently viewed as better than Evan Regan.

He may be the greatest ladeen west of Moscow but he has had many chances more than anyone else and has not delivered.

We have seem to have learned very little and I fear this may be a wasted year, certainly it may be a wasted League.

And I am normally the optimist.  ::)

Yeah, thought he struggled against Tyrone last year. Looked a rookie when he came on (he's now 27 and should be above that). Could not believe he got a run in the AI final. But sure so many mad decisions happened that day.

That what I mean about learning very little.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2014, 11:28:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 19, 2014, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2014, 07:21:49 PM
Serious early warning for Mayo.

Today we brought on a man who was probably the reason Conor Mortimor was dispensed with (I know he walked), the same man who got on against the Dubs ahead of Richie Feeney and who is apparently viewed as better than Evan Regan.

He may be the greatest ladeen west of Moscow but he has had many chances more than anyone else and has not delivered.

We have seem to have learned very little and I fear this may be a wasted year, certainly it may be a wasted League.

And I am normally the optimist.  ::)

Yeah, thought he struggled against Tyrone last year. Looked a rookie when he came on (he's now 27 and should be above that). Could not believe he got a run in the AI final. But sure so many mad decisions happened that day.

That what I mean about learning very little.

Maybe it's soft landing stuff, having a final look to confirm a doubt?

REDCOL

I am not the 'ladeen's' biggest fan, but he was the pick of the subs in the All Ireland Final. Maybe if you watched were the game was lost yesterday. An Allstar HalfBack left brutally exposed time and again in an unfamiliar position (bar Salthill). A 23 year old whose lack of pace brutally exposed yet again when Murtagh came on. And finally and most worrying The Dynasty continues with a young fella played again when it is obvious he has not the physique for Senior Intercounty.  Any comment on the man the ladeen replaced and his performances in the last 12 months, not up to his high standards I would suggest.

While you are free not to rate the ladeen, he has an All Ireland medal in his arse pocket unlike Conor Mortimer and he like Mortimer lives in Dublin but didn't throw in the towel. For what it's worth I believe he is only an impact sub, but lay off him and maybe the Ballina Campaign so admirably led by Terry Reilly will get Our Saviour from the Banks of the Moy into the FF line.

If not we will get our two saviours from the Banks of the Moy to lead us to glory next year.

rosnarun

I am always very worried when I hears of saviour and reputation that are build either sitting at home, on the bench  or playing with some other  team be it scoll or underage.
Mayo are 95% of the way to being  All Ireland champions  so we need to continue down the road we are on and look for that final 5% to get us over the line.
whether thats a new face or two like Gallagher or regan  or just improving what we have If Some one does not have have the physique them build him up . this is not the tiem to be tearing up scripts .
Well do that when we lose a serious game to the sheepshaggers
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

drici

Farrandeelin

County:Maigh Eo
Club:Cnoc Mór
Date Registered: November 13, 2006, 02:16:19 PM
Local Time:January 20, 2014, 04:12:02
Last Active: December 01, 2013, 04:56:09 PM

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jinxy

Consecutive use of the words 'Mayo' and 'sharpshooters'?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

fearsiuil

Quote from: drici on January 20, 2014, 04:15:16 PM
Farrandeelin

County:Maigh Eo
Club:Cnoc Mór
Date Registered: November 13, 2006, 02:16:19 PM
Local Time:January 20, 2014, 04:12:02
Last Active: December 01, 2013, 04:56:09 PM
Hope all good and well with you Farr, hopefully taking a well earned break before the fixtures and results start to come through again.

sligoman2

Please tell me that s coen that scored 1-3 is from st Mary's in Sligo town.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

sans pessimism

Quote from: REDCOL on January 20, 2014, 07:47:37 AM
I am not the 'ladeen's' biggest fan, but he was the pick of the subs in the All Ireland Final. Maybe if you watched were the game was lost yesterday. An Allstar HalfBack left brutally exposed time and again in an unfamiliar position (bar Salthill). A 23 year old whose lack of pace brutally exposed yet again when Murtagh came on. And finally and most worrying The Dynasty continues with a young fella played again when it is obvious he has not the physique for Senior Intercounty.  Any comment on the man the ladeen replaced and his performances in the last 12 months, not up to his high standards I would suggest.

While you are free not to rate the ladeen, he has an All Ireland medal in his arse pocket unlike Conor Mortimer and he like Mortimer lives in Dublin but didn't throw in the towel. For what it's worth I believe he is only an impact sub, but lay off him and maybe the Ballina Campaign so admirably led by Terry Reilly will get Our Saviour from the Banks of the Moy into the FF line.

If not we will get our two saviours from the Banks of the Moy to lead us to glory next year.
Buineach
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on January 20, 2014, 11:19:42 PM
Please tell me that s coen that scored 1-3 is from st Mary's in Sligo town.

Yes. The Indo's reporter chances his arm and got that one very wrong. The Mayo Stephen Coen is a half-back.

sligoman2

That's good to hear.  These college players will all be very fit this time of year.  I hope Coen can show that form for the county too.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ck

Anyone got a good report on the Galway GMIT game? Hard to find one

Rossfan

Enjoyable outing in the land of the Glaveys on Sunday and set me up nicely for my little tripeen overseas.
While it might not mean much to Mayowestros it certainly was vital for our lads to get a win against them bucks at Senior level.
Evans must have had a fair bit to say at half time and it certainly worked as we upped the effort and had a great last 15 or so.
We'd have had a comprehensive win only for the fluky "goal" - did it cross the line at all?
Ciarán Murtagh certainly staked a claim for a starting place for the NFL while Stack and Nally also enhanced their reputations.
All roads now lead to Páirc Seáinín on Sunday for an early season blood stirrer.

I presume Syfín isn't too enthused as his DCUMoyna Express ws fairly derailed by the Royals on Sunday. ;D
Cheer up Syf - sure there'll lways be another bandwgon coming any day now for you.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM