FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

thiugh some time when you see some great FBD performers like Danny kirby not play again for the ytear you wonder abouys its worth,
though im predjudiced against it since the Day Mayo V leitrim  was cancelled 10 miniutes after it was meant to be have started na noty an apology to be heard

QuoteDont know what you mean ck.My comments  are  merely sujjesting
that when people are posting, they take into consideration that others
need to be able to read said posts.I have great time for the FBD league and
to sujjest negativity  on my part IS childish.

I count 6 mistakes Great use of Irony there .
who knew you had a sense of humour :)
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ross4life

FT 8-5 well done to Leitrim their strong defensive set up has won the FBD for them, only 0-5,0-8,1-6 and 0-5 conceded.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sligoman2

Congrats to Leitrim - better team wom on the day

Very poor performance from us - good warm up for the Roscommon game next week.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sans pessimism on January 24, 2013, 12:49:49 PM
Quote from: ck on January 24, 2013, 10:31:27 AM
The FBD league is a worthy competition. The childish comments above are given by those who chose to be negative where possible. Fair play to FBD for their support, to suggest otherwise says allot about yee.
Dont know what you mean ck.My comments  are  merely sujjesting
that when people are posting, they take into consideration that others
need to be able to read said posts.I have great time for the FBD league and
to sujjest negativity  on my part IS childish. Best of luck Sunday,and I hope we
get a final deserving of the sponsor.
Fair play, ros, you just hammer away! ;D
I can follow your posts- most of the time anyway.
Not everyone can afford to sit back and use a spell checker etc. to fine tune what they post and there's nothing wrong with saying what you think and it's up to others to understand it or not.
I don't always agree with you but at least you come out straight and say it as you see it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Shamrock Shore

SLIGONIAN

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Mano

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 27, 2013, 04:39:13 PM
Congrats to Leitrim,

Walsh out that is all...
A bit ott Sligonian. It's only the fbd. Game next week is more important. Let's hope lessons have been learnt from this game for a potential championship game later in the year

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on January 27, 2013, 06:09:47 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 27, 2013, 04:39:13 PM
Congrats to Leitrim,

Walsh out that is all...
A bit ott Sligonian. It's only the fbd. Game next week is more important. Let's hope lessons have been learnt from this game for a potential championship game later in the year
bit ott in the context of the FBD but Mano you know and I know we're not going anywhere with Walsh and its just wasting time....a new manager, and rebuild....is best for us..we'll get false only to capitulate when it matters under Walsh...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Buckass

Well done to Leitrim.they beat mayo ros and sligo to win this.theyre in great nick and with the likes of mulligan and Mckeon(midfielder) have some fine players and will give div 4 a good crack(20/1 in places).
For us it was disappointing to enjoy so much possession and only register 0-5. Easy in the walsh out call..the team look fit and the football can come.be4 throw in it was hard to figure where scores wud come from...no Kelly or Coen and marren just back from honeymoon.Mb doesn't have the pace for cf and thought chf might have suited him better.clarke looks lost there.
The lack of hittable inside targets meant we were lateral and backward passing all day. Of the positives I thought Kennedy put in a good hour with some good interceptions and a quality block.Mcintyre worked hard and could be an answer to centre back.
Coen and Ross D will strengthen matters for next weekend.lavk of potency is a concern.thought murphy should ve got earlier run...he was through on goal had f Quinn seen him in last ten.
Wud McManus at full be an option?

Syferus

2013 has the potential to come together very nicely for Leitrim. No reason promotion can't be targeted and the draw means a Connacht final is little more than another win against Sligo away from them. I wouldn't mind a first ever Roscommon-Leitrim Connacht final..

mayo.mick

Congrats, well done to leitrim. After seeing them play up in Ballinamore against us a couple of weeks ago, I had a feeling they'd go on an win it.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

magpie seanie

Well done Leitrim. Of course we would have loved to win but at least it was an additional competitive game.

I thought Murphy was injured and wasn't going to play? If he was able to play he should have cos as Buckass said I knew there'd be few scores in that team.

Anyway - FBD proved that Sligo are fit....for January which was to be expected. Game time for McIntyre (who we kinda need to work out) is a huge plus. Loads of lads to come back in now like everyone else but the FBD has served its purpose for once. I mean by that that lads who earned a shot got it, rather that just got a shot cos they played well in a few club games last summer.

Farrandeelin

Just want to add my own congrats to Leitrim. They don't have many posters on here which is a shame in a way.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.