Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

to win sam you need scoring forwards the weakness at corner back and at 6 negate and sacrifices the likes of ronan o neill and kyle coney who have more talent than any of the forward line i saw on sunday. wee mccurry god bless his wee cotton socks cant handle the pressure of having to do it on his own even the great peter couldnt do it on his own. our system is damage limitation and quality talented footballers like rony and physio thumper coney are surplus to requirements,  but the needs of the manager to stay in post outweigh the development of the team, a pity.

macca123

ose14, what are you on? Ronan O'Neill has had his chances to impress on the county field... funny he's always bottled it. Living off his youth success. He is only getting further and further down the pecking order. Don't get me wrong he is a top club footballer but doesn't seem to have it for senior county level.

ose 14

if tyone are ever going to win a game in the ulster championship they need scoring forwards cathal mcshane barry tierney mattie donnelly sean cavnagh peter harte mccaliskey tiernan mccann and now add the scoring sensation that is packie mcnulty are not out and out scorers im sorry. o neill coney are they have guile. stephen o neill was marginalised to protect a porous defence and protect the sideline. dublin destroyed tyrone 2011 man to man tyrone have been in denial ever since. id guarantee a change of management would have the two best and most gifted forwards playing in the full forward line.

GlenMan

Quote from: ose 14 on May 19, 2015, 05:12:37 PM
if tyone are ever going to win a game in the ulster championship they need scoring forwards cathal mcshane barry tierney mattie donnelly sean cavnagh peter harte mccaliskey tiernan mccann and now add the scoring sensation that is packie mcnulty are not out and out scorers im sorry. o neill coney are they have guile. stephen o neill was marginalised to protect a porous defence and protect the sideline. dublin destroyed tyrone 2011 man to man tyrone have been in denial ever since. id guarantee a change of management would have the two best and most gifted forwards playing in the full forward line.

Are you being serious? Ronan 'Fat Arse" O'Neill needs to be dropped from the Senior team. He can't play County football simple as.

ose 14

glen a bit harsh there with the personal attack if you think  ronan o neill cant play county football then you dont know much about football. judging by your name cant imagine you would have seen much of him down in the hills there lad.

macca123

ose14, unfortunately I would agree with GlenMan. I don't think at this present moment in time Ronan is at the dogs for county senior football. Mickey Harte doesn't seem to think so either. Also by chatting to a few of his sigerson team mates from different counties they also don't think he's up to much recently. I think the best thing for him at the minute would be to focus solely on club football and try to improve his game and give county another rattle in a few years.

Sunny Day

Ronan O'Neill must be the most bashed footballer on this forum.  I hope he doesn't be reading it as it wouldn't do much for his confidence!  I think we all should lay off naming and thrashing players to be honest.  Amateur Sport.

nrico2006

Rona O'Neill is very talented, but he hasn't really had a sustained run yet.  Granted, he doesn't look like he is in top physical condition but I would rather he was getting the opportunities up front instead of some of the other forwards that are.

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 19, 2015, 03:21:16 PM
Regarding the Kyle Coney situation, I am of the understanding and I stand corrected on this - it wasn't the fact he wasn't getting regular football as the problem, more so the fact that he was getting regularly taken off EARLY in games whilst others appeared to get more minutes and favoured team selection. However, as I said I could be wrong.

Ask any forward at any level and they will agree that it is very difficult to play when you are constantly looking at the side line waiting for the curly finger in spite of your efforts. You end up trying too hard and digging a bigger hole for yourself. I felt sorry for Coney, admittedly he wasn't playing well but certain players need a run of games (4-6) to show their true worth and he appears to be one of them.

No doubt there will be plenty of posters who will disagree and say he got plenty of chances but this is only my reading of the situation.

Alwasy felt the same regarding forwards and confidence, and everything you have said in the above post is spot on.  The other thing is that there are other players who get the 4 to 6 games and don't set the world alight, definite favourites on the panel without any obvious justification.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyroneboi

Also doesn't help that it seems there are only at most 3 out and out forwards picked in the forward line probably doesn't help matters. Big fan of Ronan O'Neill think he is a class act and don't think he is out of condition like others are saying.

In hiding

Ronan O Neill is a class act. Macca123, speaking to his sigerson teammates from other counties lmao.
You sound like Joe Brolly

macca123

I am not denying that he isn't a great footballer.. he has records to show it. He tore apart underage competitions. I just don't think the game plan that is being played with tyrone at the minute suits him, McCurry I feel has adapted to it better. I still think he would be better going back and focussing on club where he is still showing his true quality. Then when a new Tyrone manager comes in and hopefully plays a system that actually suits proper forwards then he will slide back into the fold. He is a proper forward that I feel can cause serious damage when used effectively.

In hiding... what age are you? Are you a friend that simply can't take people's comments. I am just stating this was a fact- but sure now I am Joe Brolly. Grow up.

In hiding

Quote from: macca123 on May 21, 2015, 10:55:13 AM
I am not denying that he isn't a great footballer.. he has records to show it. He tore apart underage competitions. I just don't think the game plan that is being played with tyrone at the minute suits him, McCurry I feel has adapted to it better. I still think he would be better going back and focussing on club where he is still showing his true quality. Then when a new Tyrone manager comes in and hopefully plays a system that actually suits proper forwards then he will slide back into the fold. He is a proper forward that I feel can cause serious damage when used effectively.

In hiding... what age are you? Are you a friend that simply can't take people's comments. I am just stating this was a fact- but sure now I am Joe Brolly. Grow up.
I'd say we are friends alright😜
If you have an opinion on something that's fine, don't feel the need to back them up with make believe conversations with sigerson teammates from other counties

macca123

Why would I make that up? I'm not 4. Pathetic response. Didn't come on here to lie funny enough.

ose 14

would love to see mattie peter harte conan grugan/kyle coney ronan mccurry and big sean as our front 6 with mcshane and colm cavnagh in midfield. mcnabb tierney and meyler/mcgeary at half back and mccarron mccrory and hampsey in the full back line. if i was tyrone manager that would be my team for next year with oneill or morgan game about in the nat league div 2. with that front six we would give most teams a serious rattle our balance between attacking and defending is not there. we need forwards. coney and o neill should be in that forward line.

winghalfback

Quote from: ose 14 on May 21, 2015, 02:45:19 PM
would love to see mattie peter harte conan grugan/kyle coney ronan mccurry and big sean as our front 6 with mcshane and colm cavnagh in midfield. mcnabb tierney and meyler/mcgeary at half back and mccarron mccrory and hampsey in the full back line. if i was tyrone manager that would be my team for next year with oneill or morgan game about in the nat league div 2. with that front six we would give most teams a serious rattle our balance between attacking and defending is not there. we need forwards. coney and o neill should be in that forward line.

So you drop Mc Aliskey the best attacking threat we had last week and is a proven inside forward for what a man who has been used regular and NEVER cut the mustard at this level or a lad who seems to live of his past reputations. Good youth players don't always make good seniors.