U20 All Ireland series

Started by Farrandeelin, July 04, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Deserved win for Kildare today, their 13 and 14 are serious footballers, looked
Like they'd steam roll us but fair play to Mayo they stuck at it. Tactically very naive, not sure how you could leave that full back line that exposed. Maughan was a big loss.
Special mention to Kildares keeper, some kick out. They'd a big lad in the middle also, won a serious amount of possession.
Not really sure how we were so close and could have won it if that goal chance had gone in. It would have been daylight robbery
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

highorlow

QuoteStupidest thing i seen on a football field!

You must have seen the Mayo bull?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Obvious

RTE showed two minutes highlights of the U20 All Ireland final tonight. The analysis was Pat Spillane basically naming a few Kildare players he likes and how he would like to manage Kildare.  ;D

galwayman

Seems to be a lot of serious young footballers coming out of Kildare.
They should surely be able to assemble a team to at least begin challenging the Dubs in Leinster over the next few years?
They have been beating them regularly at minor over the last while.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: galwayman on August 05, 2018, 11:35:56 PM
Seems to be a lot of serious young footballers coming out of Kildare.
They should surely be able to assemble a team to at least begin challenging the Dubs in Leinster over the next few years?
They have been beating them regularly at minor over the last while.

We have been very competitive with them in underage for nearly 10 years on a head to head basis but Dublin were able to go on and win All Irelands which we weren't until now. There is a huge gap to close but this group will have to believe they can and do whatever they can to do so.

Aughafad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2018, 11:26:39 PM
He be looking at a year for that! Stupidest thing i seen on a football field!

Coming from Derry I'm sure you'd have seen plenty of stupidity worse than that

Wildweasel74

Well big Brian Heaney from castledawson did take a swing at the ref after been send off in the mid 90's during a championship game and rightly got 2 years for it! This guy the day didnt even wait for the red card before pushing the ref!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 06, 2018, 12:21:54 AM
Well big Brian Heaney from castledawson did take a swing at the ref after been send off in the mid 90's during a championship game and rightly got 2 years for it! This guy the day didnt even wait for the red card before pushing the ref!

If I remember right the red was for pushing the ref and then he pushes him again
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

moysider

Well done Kildare lads on here. Deserved win.

We won a bit of a shoot-out against Derry that could have gone either way. I don't think we could or should have changed tack for this. It was what it was. One on one we didn't cope with Kildare inside - Hyland in particular.

Midfield was in trouble v Derry and again today. Meant in both games we couldnt get any control on things.

We might get a couple of players out of this group. I'm thinking two but a few are only 18 so .......

moysider

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 05, 2018, 10:50:51 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 05, 2018, 10:48:44 PM
He pushed the ref while the camera was on Solan, stupid act he'll get a lengthy ban

Won't be good for his development, he looked decent good size and engine.

I thought it was Mikey Conroy that went in to try and sort him out.
I don't think we will be seeing him in green and red again after that. Ye cant do that. Well you can, but if you do you are a goner.

omaghjoe

Stupid cub, what else can you say?
I kind of feel sorry for the lad because the head just went. No doubt he'll regret that quickly and for a long time.
It'll be a harsh lesson but you cant do that

haranguerer

Theres no excuse for it. Deserves significantly longer than 12 weeks

TheGreatest

Another example of poor discipline in Mayo, Must of have been coached by the O Connor Brothers.

Well done Kildare, Underage age going well and perhaps well enough to challenge Dublin again in a few years.

larryin89

Quote from: moysider on August 06, 2018, 01:49:29 AM

Well done Kildare lads on here. Deserved win.

We won a bit of a shoot-out against Derry that could have gone either way. I don't think we could or should have changed tack for this. It was what it was. One on one we didn't cope with Kildare inside - Hyland in particular.

Midfield was in trouble v Derry and again today. Meant in both games we couldnt get any control on things.

We might get a couple of players out of this group. I'm thinking two but a few are only 18 so .......

I thought Flynn done very well v Derry.

Was shocked we didn't put some protection in behind FB line at least then we might of taken a chance on getting out in front of their nippy inside forwards . It was painful to watch them get so far out in front every time .

It's hard to know how many we will get for senior out of these guys , I'm told the bulk of them are underage again next year.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

MayoBuck

Entertaining game yesterday. We were taken to the cleaners for about 20 minutes in that first half, don't know how we were only 4 down at the break. A bit frustrating how the 2nd half played out. We cut the gap to 2 early on and looked to be in a good position to push on but it didn't happen. A few wides killed our momentum. Kildare deserving winners no doubt.

A lot of our lads have talent but are a bit on the small side, McLaughlin, O'Donoghue and Colm Moran especially. Next year will probably come too soon for them in terms of the seniors. Conor Diskin looks to have the physical attributes but is a bit raw yet as a footballer.

For Kildare I could see their goalkeeper, number 8 and Hyland going straight into the senior team.

Not much else can be said about the red card and I'd worry the book could be thrown at him. Whatever about getting frustrated and pushing the ref once, to then go for the Kildare lad and have another pop at the ref on the way off?