NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: WhoDat on March 31, 2023, 10:09:15 PM
i expect a couple of changes to galway there. goalkeeper anyway will be swapped.
Trust me he won't be swapped!

Duine Eile

Quote from: WhoDat on March 31, 2023, 10:09:15 PM
i expect a couple of changes to galway there. goalkeeper anyway will be swapped.

Doubt it, PJ has been quoted many times since the Kerry game saying the Gleeson is his number 1 goalie and basically gave Power a run out in case he was needed if Gleeson was injured. Very disrespectful towards Power I thought.

Manning18

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2023, 11:41:26 AM
Rhubarbs and Herrins very quiet about th'oul League Final.
Is there any bit of  interest at all?

Hard get excited when the Rhubarbs are out against the bigots the week after

seafoid

The unbearable lightness of being from Mayo.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/04/01/mayo-and-galway-rivalry-peaks-as-they-eye-up-league-title-and-beyond/

Last July Galway were back in the final and pushed Kerry all the way, reviving the fear across the border that after years of futile effort, they would have to endure the Sam Maguire crossing the Shannon and bedecked with maroon and white.

"That fear is very real," Finnerty says. "I'd imagine it's still there for Mayo people after all the blood, sweat and tears that Galway could come along and pinch an All-Ireland."

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2023, 11:35:35 AM

The unbearable lightness of being from Mayo.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/04/01/mayo-and-galway-rivalry-peaks-as-they-eye-up-league-title-and-beyond/

Last July Galway were back in the final and pushed Kerry all the way, reviving the fear across the border that after years of futile effort, they would have to endure the Sam Maguire crossing the Shannon and bedecked with maroon and white.

"That fear is very real," Finnerty says. "I'd imagine it's still there for Mayo people after all the blood, sweat and tears that Galway could come along and pinch an All-Ireland."

It was safe as houses as long as Kerry or Dublin are in the Championship, Tradition says Galway won't beat them!  ;)

screenexile

Gael85

Mayo are better conditioned team. This could be white wash.

twohands!!!

Fortunate to get away with a yellow with the way he stuck out his leg there.

Blowitupref

That's a bad challenge by the Mayo goalkeeper Reape. Heaney will be lucky if he's not badly injured.

26 minutes played Mayo 0-6 Galway 0-2
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Looking like it could well be one of those games where Mayo's opponents looked totally out of it early one but inevitably get back into the game in the 2nd half and it ends in a dramatic helter-skelter finale

screenexile

Mayo have basically stopped since that injury... very strange!!

Blowitupref

Mayos  first score for 24 minutes.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Half time Galway 0-5 Mayo 0-8.

thewobbler

Good to see a referee who realises that even tough Aidan O'Shea is a tank, when people drag him back, it's still a foul.

From the Bunker

Dominance has come in waves in this match.
Like most games these days - not a great spectacle, but interesting to see how it will pan out.