All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018

Started by Ball Hopper, January 03, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2018, 04:07:29 PM
Quote from: slippery dodger on January 27, 2018, 04:05:42 PM
Marc o'Sé and Sean Kavanagh clash in All Ireland intermediate semifinal

https://youtu.be/jT1WneD6AXw

Thought Cavanagh rose above it fairly well, he's well used to the special attention he's got from Kerry through the years.

Glad to see Moy progress to the final on behalf of the county.

However being a Tyrone man I have to say the way Cavanagh went crying to the linesman was a bit much for my liking. That has been the reason Moy have not been the most liked club within Tyrone at times.

Granted their Tyrone players did come in for abuse in the club game (like others) but the constant crying to refs from the Cavanaghs has ryled many a team in Tyrone.

I don't think O'Se was trying to get him sent off and if I seen what Cavanagh was at I would expect one of my own to react the same way. Let the officials do their job.

And to add the insult Cavanaghs patronising interview afterwards is pure puke - I'd say the O'Ses would give you a fairer view off the incident and prob say he can piss off instead of all the cliches!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: WT4E on January 31, 2018, 11:19:57 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2018, 04:07:29 PM
Quote from: slippery dodger on January 27, 2018, 04:05:42 PM
Marc o'Sé and Sean Kavanagh clash in All Ireland intermediate semifinal

https://youtu.be/jT1WneD6AXw

Thought Cavanagh rose above it fairly well, he's well used to the special attention he's got from Kerry through the years.

Glad to see Moy progress to the final on behalf of the county.

However being a Tyrone man I have to say the way Cavanagh went crying to the linesman was a bit much for my liking. That has been the reason Moy have not been the most liked club within Tyrone at times.

Granted their Tyrone players did come in for abuse in the club game (like others) but the constant crying to refs from the Cavanaghs has ryled many a team in Tyrone.

I don't think O'Se was trying to get him sent off and if I seen what Cavanagh was at I would expect one of my own to react the same way. Let the officials do their job.

And to add the insult Cavanaghs patronising interview afterwards is pure puke - I'd say the O'Ses would give you a fairer view off the incident and prob say he can piss off instead of all the cliches!

Are players not allowed to point out an indiscretion to the match officials?

WT4E

I didn't say they aren't just think its in poor taste.

I never really associated cry babys with GAA - that was always more a soccer thing where I came from!

Avondhu star

Quote from: Ball Hopper on January 28, 2018, 10:19:05 PM
Update 28 January. 

Senior Football

21 January: Corofin (Galway) 3-8  Fulham Irish (London) 1-4 in Ruislip, London
17 February: Corofin v Moorefield (Kildare) 2pm in Tullamore
24 February: Nemo Rangers (Cork) v Slaughneil (Derry) 4:30pm in Portlaoise
17 March: Final - in Croke Park

Intermediate Football

27 January: Michael Glavey's (Roscommon) 0-13 Kilanerin (Wexford) 0-11 2pm in Mullingar
27 January: Moy (Tyrone) 1-5 An Ghaeltacht (Kerry) 0-6  2pm in Thurles
3 February: Final Michael Glavey's (Roscommon) v Moy (Tyrone) 3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Football

20 January: Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 1-14 Lahardane Gaels (Mayo) 2-9 v 2pm Dr. Hyde Park, Roscommon
20 January: Knocknagree (Cork) 2-7 v Naomh Colmcille (Donegal) 0-6 2pm Mullingar
3 February: Final - Multyfarnham (Westmeath) v Knocknagree (Cork) 2pm in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

10 February: Na Piarsaigh (Limerick) v Slaughtneil (Derry) 2pm Parnell Park
10 February: Liam Mellows (Galway) v Cuala (Dublin) 4pm Thurles

Intermediate Hurling

20 January: St. Patrick's, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 3-14 Toureen (Mayo) 1-9 in Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
27 January: Kanturk (Cork) 3-13 Middletown Na Fianna (Armagh) 0-12 2pm in Newbridge
4 February: Final - St. Patrick's, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) v Kanturk (Cork) 3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

20 January: St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 Sylane (Galway) 0-9 in Parnell Park
27 January: Ardmore (Waterford) 4-12 Setanta (Donegal) 0-13 2pm in Navan
4 February: Final - St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) v Ardmore (Waterford) 2pm in Croke Park

Thats a great array of clubs from around the country and London. Interesting competitions to keep small clubs and communities out supporting their teams
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: WT4E on January 31, 2018, 01:05:08 PM
I didn't say they aren't just think its in poor taste.

I never really associated cry babys with GAA - that was always more a soccer thing where I came from!

Is it in poor taste to try and stop having one of your players sent off for a sending off offence?

WT4E

Jaysus - not really following you now.

I Just didn't like how it looked and i'm not looking at it with any type of Tyrone glasses on. Sometimes calling out some of you own can be difficult.

I just think that I would prefer the reputation associated with Marc O'Se than with Sean Cavanagh. Both top quality footballers - some of the best we've ever seen. One cries to refs and does loads of cliched interviews and the other doesn't.

My two cents!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: WT4E on January 31, 2018, 01:29:00 PM
Jaysus - not really following you now.

I Just didn't like how it looked and i'm not looking at it with any type of Tyrone glasses on. Sometimes calling out some of you own can be difficult.

I just think that I would prefer the reputation associated with Marc O'Se than with Sean Cavanagh. Both top quality footballers - some of the best we've ever seen. One cries to refs and does loads of cliched interviews and the other doesn't.

My two cents!

You know why those reputations exist? One team are media darlings, the other are media pariahs. The actions really don't seem to matter as the narrative is predetermined.

Ball Hopper

Update 4 Feb...

Senior Football

21 January: Corofin (Galway) 3-8  Fulham Irish (London) 1-4 in Ruislip, London
17 February: Corofin v Moorefield (Kildare) 2pm in Tullamore
24 February: Nemo Rangers (Cork) v Slaughtneil (Derry) 4:30pm in Portlaoise

Intermediate Football

27 January: Michael Glavey's (Roscommon) 0-13 Kilanerin (Wexford) 0-11 2pm in Mullingar
27 January: Moy (Tyrone) 1-5 An Ghaeltacht (Kerry) 0-6  2pm in Thurles
3 February: Final - Moy (Tyrone) 1-10 Michael Glavey's (Roscommon) 0-7  3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Football

20 January: Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 1-14 Lahardane Gaels (Mayo) 2-9 v 2pm Dr. Hyde Park, Roscommon
20 January: Knocknagree (Cork) 2-7 v Naomh Colmcille (Donegal) 0-6 2pm Mullingar
3 February: Final - Knocknagree (Cork) 3-13 Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 3-9 2pm in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

10 February: Na Piarsaigh (Limerick) v Slaughtneil (Derry) 2pm Parnell Park
10 February: Liam Mellows (Galway) v Cuala (Dublin) 4pm Thurles

Intermediate Hurling

20 January: St. Patrick's, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 3-14 Toureen (Mayo) 1-9 in Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
27 January: Kanturk (Cork) 3-13 Middletown Na Fianna (Armagh) 0-12 2pm in Newbridge
4 February: Final - Kanturk (Cork) 1-18 St. Patrick's, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 1-17 in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

20 January: St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 Sylane (Galway) 0-9 in Parnell Park
27 January: Ardmore (Waterford) 4-12 Setanta (Donegal) 0-13 2pm in Navan
4 February: Final - Ardmore (Waterford) 3-11 St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 in Croke Park

WT4E

Congratulations to Moy (Takes alot to get out of Tyrone never mind go the whole way)

Pity about Sean Cavanagh yet again but thats just the way he is I guess!

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on February 05, 2018, 09:56:40 AM
Congratulations to Moy (Takes alot to get out of Tyrone never mind go the whole way)

Congratulations to the Moy.

That was all had to be said. The Roscommon player kicked, he had to go, he will maybe learn not to do that again. Tough lesson but don't see the rush to criticise. The game should have been out of sight at half time.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 05, 2018, 01:11:11 PM

That was all had to be said. The Roscommon player kicked, he had to go, he will maybe learn not to do that again. Tough lesson but don't see the rush to criticise. The game should have been out of sight at half time.

I'm entitled to voice my opinion - two matches in a row he has been directly involved in influencing decisions to get a player sent off. Thats the facts.

Dire Ear

Didn't see the matches;  did the 2 players deserve to be sent off?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Dire Ear on February 05, 2018, 01:49:22 PM

Yes both struck out, the one in the final was more obvious because it was during play, the semifinal was off the ball.
Living the dream!!!

Dire Ear

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 05, 2018, 01:55:19 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on February 05, 2018, 01:49:22 PM

Yes both struck out, the one in the final was more obvious because it was during play, the semifinal was off the ball.
Cheers

Kickham csc

Quote from: WT4E on February 05, 2018, 01:42:44 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 05, 2018, 01:11:11 PM

I'm entitled to voice my opinion - two matches in a row he has been directly involved in influencing decisions to get a player sent off. Thats the facts.

OK, in two matches opponents struck out. Why wouldn't he point it out to the refs? I just don't get your point. If a player patted him on the head and he went down to fake a hit, that's beyond the pale, but pointing out went someone has struck out is ok.

Are you saying that digging off the ball is ok and has to be tolerated if the ref didn't see it?