Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Replay Thursday night.
Loughmacrory left that behind them there tonight. Just shows when you don't push on and put the game away and start the keep the ball possession carry on, you can always be caught. Thought Shane Dobbs, Aodhan and Cathal Donaghy were excellent, Grimes very good as well..
Pomeroy won't be that poor again, forward line very poor throughout, Frank and Ryan Loughran very poor. You'd expect changes for the next day.
At the same time Kilpatrick had an excellent game on Gallagher, Woods and McKenna big impacts off the bench and McGeary had a strong finish to the game.

Tyrone95

Where will the replay be in on Thursday? Before the Carmen and edendork game on Friday night would of made more sense but the county board probably have them lined up to play a semi final the following Monday or Tuesday

clarshack

What's the IFC semi-final pairings again?

Gaafan2

Back from the brink this evening but our men showed massive character. Thought we actually played better football when down to 12 men and missed enough chances to win the game but we'll take a draw. Don't think I've ever seen a team playing with 12 men for the final 20 mins, from 4 points down to get a draw or a win.

In any case can't see us or Loughmacrory being any use to Galbally if we happen to meet. Very impressed by them today.

superstar_

Quote from: clarshack on September 15, 2019, 10:06:30 PM
Owen Roes V Pomeroy/Loughmacrory
Galbally V Gortin

BG_Gael

Quote from: superstar_ on September 15, 2019, 10:24:20 PM
Galbally V Gortin

You aren't giving Greencastle much hope then?

Honda300

When are the intermediate semi finals due to be played

Tyrone95

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2019, 10:25:42 PM
What sort of outfit did Carrickmore send to Derrylaughan?

The first 15 men that walked into the old charm inn this morning on the spillover

Tyrone95

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2019, 10:40:09 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on September 15, 2019, 10:35:44 PM

The first 15 men that walked into the old charm inn this morning on the spillover
Define "walked".

*staggered. Wouldn't pay much heed on that. We got the right result against them 2 weekends ago

superstar_

Quote from: Honda300 on September 15, 2019, 10:35:08 PM
When are the intermediate semi finals due to be played
Next weekend was the original plan. Friday and Saturday.
Not sure what their plan is with the replay now on Thursday. Maybe play the Owen Roes and the winner of Pomeroy/Loughmacrory game next Monday.

Quote from: BG_Gael on September 15, 2019, 10:27:57 PM
Quote from: superstar_ on September 15, 2019, 10:24:20 PM
Galbally V Gortin

You aren't giving Greencastle much hope then?
Mistake on my end. I do expect Gortin to win however and make it very difficult for Galbally in the semi final.

PeterEli

Does anyone have official fixtures and venues for the weekend? Find it strange that in Tyrone we are going to replays and Monday night games, making teams play 3 times in 8 days (Gortin) when in Monaghan they are going to extra time and penalties. Not a good system either to get beaten on penalties, but surely extra time could have been played in these drawn games? Lough & Pomeroy probably looking at Thursday & Monday? Eoghan Ruadh pitch on Thursday night a possible venue, looked brilliant condition and a good buzz for last Thursdays replay.

Killyclogher looked jammed yesterday, Galbally rampant again and Pomeroy are surely glad to have used their get out of jail card.

A big week/weekend of football ahead, Carrickmore on Sunday evening should be fantastic. 

Redhand Santa

I have heard nothing of the game and wouldn't blame Carrickmore if they rested players the week before a semi final but results like this emphasis why a system needs put in place to ensure the leagues are wrapped up before the championship.

These type of games turn the league into a lottery for teams in the bottom 4 or 5 with lots of points being thrown around. If you are fortunate enough you could get 3 games against reserve teams to stay up at the end of season.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 16, 2019, 08:22:42 AM

I have heard nothing of the game and wouldn't blame Carrickmore if they rested players the week before a semi final but results like this emphasis why a system needs put in place to ensure the leagues are wrapped up before the championship.

These type of games turn the league into a lottery for teams in the bottom 4 or 5 with lots of points being thrown around. If you are fortunate enough you could get 3 games against reserve teams to stay up at the end of season.
Derrylaughan were not give the points, them lads were hurting after the championship and seeked a response, however I agree, the league should be done and dusted before the championship.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 08:30:43 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 16, 2019, 08:22:42 AM

Derrylaughan were not give the points, them lads were hurting after the championship and seeked a response, however I agree, the league should be done and dusted before the championship.

I didn't say they were but I'd imagine Carrickmore rested players with a championship game 5 days later.

Redhand Santa

Although I still feel the county board are right to play away these games in the gap weeks between championship matches. The alternative of leaving them until after the championship is worse. Hopefully they play 2 more league games before the championship is over to avoid a December finish to the leagues.