U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

I can understand why penalties are required after a replay but for a championship game on the 8th of February is just ridiculous.

Galways brilliant run at underage continues over Mayo, Galway must have only lost 1 of the last 11 or 12 games at underage level to Mayo and even then that win was in extra time and Galway went on to reach the minor final.

Blowitupref

Games for this weekend. All on Saturday at 2pm. (weather permitting)

Leinster  quarter-finals

Dublin v Longford, Parnell Park
Wexford v Meath, St Patricks Park, Enniscorthy
Kildare v Offaly, Newbridge
Laois v Westmeath, O'Moore Park, 2pm

Connacht semi-finals
Roscommon v Sligo, Markievicz Park
Leitrim v Galway, Pairc Sean MacDiarmada

Ulster quarter-finals
Cavan v Down,  Breffni Park
Donegal v Monaghan, Ballybofey
Armagh v Tyrone, Athletic Grounds
Antrim v Derry, Glenavy
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Taylor

An Armagh & Tyrone team play each other in the Macrory Cup Saturday morning...............swiftly followed by the same two counties playing each other in the Under 20 Cship.
You couldnt make this shit up  :o :o  ;D ;D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Galway

1. Conor Flaherty
2. Jonathan McGrath
3 Seán Fitzgerald
4 Jack Glynn
5 Cian Monahan
6 Tony Gill
7 Cathal Sweeney
8 Conor Raftery
9 James McLaughlin
10 Ryan Monahan
11 Matthew Tierney
12 Paul Kelly
13 Alan Greene
14 Tomo Culhane
15 Matthew Cooley

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

The Leitrim v Galway game moved from Carrick to Mohill. With storm Dennis arriving tomorrow I would expect a few games will be called off.

Angelo

A lot of games will probably be impacted by the rain today.

Would it not be plausible for pitch covers to be used in circumstances like this when heavy rain is forecast, the type of covers you see them roll out at Wimbledon to keep the courts dry.

Obviously I know the sheer scale of a football pitch in comparison to a tennis court is huge and the cost and practicalities could be an issue.

But surely in circumstances like this, in a squeezed calendar, there should be ways and means to thwart heavy spells of rain when it is well forecasted in advance?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Captain Obvious

Armagh v Tyrone off
Cavan v Down,  off
Donegal v Monaghan off
Antrim v Derry off

An Fhairche Abu

Blowitupref

Half times in the games that went ahead

Sligo 1-1 Roscommon 1-6
Dublin 1-3 Longford 0-6
Kildare 0-2 Offaly 0-6
Wexford 1-2 Meath 0-4

The Hill is Blue

Allianz DubMatchTracker
@DubMatchTracker
·
2m
RESULT:

@DubGAAOfficial
3-10
@OfficialLDGAA
0-09

EirGrid #LU20FC http://q.final
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Blowitupref

Other two results

Sligo 1-8 Roscommon 1-11
Offaly 0-9 Kildare 1-7

Tubberman

Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2020, 11:32:44 AM
A lot of games will probably be impacted by the rain today.

Would it not be plausible for pitch covers to be used in circumstances like this when heavy rain is forecast, the type of covers you see them roll out at Wimbledon to keep the courts dry.

Obviously I know the sheer scale of a football pitch in comparison to a tennis court is huge and the cost and practicalities could be an issue.

But surely in circumstances like this, in a squeezed calendar, there should be ways and means to thwart heavy spells of rain when it is well forecasted in advance?

They should just had a penalty shoot out to decide all games
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Or Counties could have proper pitches in their County grounds, like us and Sligo e.g.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM