Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It would be good for that family to get the closure that it looked like they would never get although whatever it is won't be good either  :(

balladmaker

Eddie and Keela, the cadaver and blood dogs, may have just lost any credibility they had.

Circumstantially, it all seems to fit together, he has history, was in the resort that night, changed car's named owner next day, left the country soon after ... I assume the German police must have more info at their disposal than just that though.

Would be good for McCanns to get closure of some sort, although this will haunt them til their dying day.

Jeepers Creepers

Still people on twitter putting Gerry McCans pic up as the suspect, FFS.

A call from this guys mobile puts him in the location 1hr before the abduction. Tall thin guy with blond hair and drove a jag. Everyone interviewed in Prai de Luz today remembers him.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 04, 2020, 05:00:09 PM

A call from this guys mobile puts him in the location 1hr before the abduction. Tall thin guy with blond hair and drove a jag. Everyone interviewed in Prai de Luz today remembers him.

I don't recall, but was there ever a mention of this German at any time during the first years? I remember the English fella who lived with the mother getting raided Murat I think his name was, then there was a story about German (I think) twins living there at the time, is this one of the twins?

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2020, 05:11:47 PM

I don't recall, but was there ever a mention of this German at any time during the first years? I remember the English fella who lived with the mother getting raided Murat I think his name was, then there was a story about German (I think) twins living there at the time, is this one of the twins?

Not sure tbh. They've been onto this guy for a while now apparently. Scary thing is this guy was know sex offender in that area at that time.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 04, 2020, 05:21:39 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2020, 05:11:47 PM

Not sure tbh. They've been onto this guy for a while now apparently. Scary thing is this guy was know sex offender in that area at that time.

You have to wonder how all this time later, this only comes to light? Actually scandalous. I mean everyone was on this case at the time, took over the world for six months and absolutely everyone has missed this German somehow. Seems implausible.

Although the Portuguese were keen on pinning it to the McCanns, case closed, we are open for business.

Boycey

Like everyone else I suppose I've dipped in and out of this story over the years. I haven't really seen yet what's been reported today is it more significant than the other suspects that crop up every now and again? Or is it a case of news outlets and social media grasping at something that's not Covid19 related to run with for a few days??

Edit - Just read a brief bit on RTE, it does seem significant..

rodney trotter

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 04, 2020, 10:27:09 AM
Very bizarre developments, this German is in prison - presumably his cellmate has decided to turn him in for a reward? Would that be along the line of thought?

No, somebody he met in a bar  in Germany confessed to what he did to the police. It was the 10th year anniversary of her disappearance when he spoke to the man in the pub, 2017.. The Police were probaly gathering enough information since that.

Milltown Row2

The guy (investigator)the McCanns got in (from here) was confident that the McCann's were innocent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macdanger2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 04, 2020, 04:31:06 PM
A guy on the news saying that the amount of information that the German police have released today, they must be certain this is the person wanted as a defense lawyer would have a feld day with whats been openly reported.

What significant information has been reported?

I was thinking that there's f*ck all linking this guy to the murder. He was in the area around the time; he's a child sex offender, if that's it then it seems exceedingly tenuous so I was assuming there must be something else.

The sale of the car is being reported as significant, why? He murders a child today and then sells a car associated with the murder tomorrow instead of scrapping it (you'd have to assume that the sale was organised prior to that anyway)

If he "confessed" to someone then it could just as easily be a bullsh*t story imo.

Without a body or the murderer having kept a "trophy", I don't think anyone will ever be convicted of her murder

trailer

The Netflix docu-drama looks a very poor piece of television at this point.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 04, 2020, 10:10:32 PM
A guy on the news saying that the amount of information that the German police have released today, they must be certain this is the person wanted as a defense lawyer would have a feld day with whats been openly reported.

I was thinking that there's f*ck all linking this guy to the murder. He was in the area around the time; he's a child sex offender, if that's it then it seems exceedingly tenuous so I was assuming there must be something else.

The sale of the car is being reported as significant, why? He murders a child today and then sells a car associated with the murder tomorrow instead of scrapping it (you'd have to assume that the sale was organised prior to that anyway)

If he "confessed" to someone then it could just as easily be a bullsh*t story imo.

Without a body or the murderer having kept a "trophy", I don't think anyone will ever be convicted of her murder

I didn't say significant but amount of information about this guy who at that point had anonymity under German law. Displaying pictures of his vehicles and former home could be argued that he would not get a fair trial (if convicted).

Armamike

Feel for the McCann family.  A parent's worst nightmare.
That's just, like your opinion man.

balladmaker

Police have the camper van, the jag and the place where he lived. They must have some DNA evidence at this stage after 3 years of investigation into the suspect.  I'd hope the police have a lot more info than what has been released so far.

macdanger2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 04, 2020, 11:22:16 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 04, 2020, 10:10:32 PM

I didn't say significant but amount of information about this guy who at that point had anonymity under German law. Displaying pictures of his vehicles and former home could be argued that he would not get a fair trial (if convicted).

Ah right, fair enough

Yeah, it would be good for the family to finally get some sort of closure