IRA Undefeated apparently and brits are bad drivers....

Started by An Fear Rua, July 06, 2007, 10:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on July 06, 2007, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 06, 2007, 03:06:28 PM
Quote from: Donagh on July 06, 2007, 02:42:11 PM
Quote from: SammyG on July 06, 2007, 02:39:39 PM
Aye you're right, sectarian slaughter is f**king hilarious.  ::)

That was never condoned on this thread.

5Times said that the IRA didn't go far enough and that they should have targetted kids on street corners (presumably even more than they already did) and you made a joke out of it.

No he didn't and neither did I.

???

nifan

How would you read "IMHO the ira didnt go far enough" comment donagh

Donagh

My post was in response to the one deleted by 5Times, not the one you referred to. As he has since deleted that post to protect his anonymity, I'll be respecting that and not referring to it again – as I have done in the past when other contributors have been "outted" – including two or three from OWC.

full back

5Times said that the IRA didn't go far enough and that they should have targetted kids on street corners (presumably even more than they already did) and you made a joke out of it.

Fcuk sake sammy - he didnt say they should have targetted kids on streets
Changing a few words there to suit your agenda ::)

SammyG

Quote from: full back on July 06, 2007, 03:17:55 PM

Humblest apologies he said young lad not kid.  ::)

Long time dead

Quote from: Main Street on July 06, 2007, 03:04:28 PM
QuoteThat was never condoned on this thread.

Quote from: Long time dead on July 06, 2007, 02:49:21 PM
5ive Times did.
IMHO the IRA didnt go far enough, they tried to use legitimate targets such as Police, Army and genuine Loyalists, not some young lad standing on a street corner.

No need to be so lazy
the obvious interpretation is that the IRA did not go that far

Has anybody read the Operation Banner?

I got up to page 40 so far.
I don't know what's new
Says that the RUC were ill equipped to deal with the Burntollet ambushers.  ::)
Says the Faulkner pulled the strings to introduce Internment - strongly opposed by the Army.

Yeah that was very obvious.  :o

full back

Quote from: SammyG on July 06, 2007, 03:22:56 PM

Arrogant pr1ck

Donagh

Quote from: nifan on July 06, 2007, 03:12:40 PM
How would you read "IMHO the ira didnt go far enough" comment donagh

Could mean a lot of things nifan, as I often heard republicans before the ceasefires offering opinions on what the IRA should or should not do. I already offered my interpretation of what he said on the other page and I'm not going to try and read his mind on it.

SammyG

Quote from: full back on July 06, 2007, 03:26:33 PM

Arrogant pr1ck

You certainly sound like one, but thanks for confirming it.  ;)

full back

Quote from: SammyG on July 06, 2007, 03:32:30 PM
Quote from: full back on July 06, 2007, 03:26:33 PM

Arrogant pr1ck

You certainly sound like one, but thanks for confirming it.  ;)

Yawn - you still here sammy

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 06, 2007, 03:38:39 PM
To SammyG et al.

My comments have been distorted by many of you so I will make them clear for you.
How the fcuk can your comments be distorted. You said the IRA didn't go far enough, that's black and white, no need for distortion
The IRA didnt normally attack ordinary Protestant civilllians. In cases like Kingsmill I feel (and the important bit here is that these are my own personal feelings) that although these deaths were a terrible event, they actually worked no more Catholics were killed in South Armagh since. Job Done.
Even if tht sickening logic was correct how would you explain Bloody Friday or La Mon or Enniskillen etc etc etc
Now you can take my comments as you wish, but it seems that you are happy enough that Loyalists murdered innocent Catholics on street corners, in their places of work and in their homes, they rarely targetted IRA members or indeed Republicans. Their motto was and correct me if Im wrong "any taig will do". If that sits ok with you, then dont pass comment on my views.

When has anybody said they are happy with Loyalist attrocities? So called Loyalist paramilitaries are scum who are more interested in drug dealing and pimping than they are in politics. There only loyality is crime as somebody once said.

the Deel Rover

i never get involved in any of these political threads but why is sammgy g  on a gaa board if he dislikes "the other side so much" he allways has the last word so you should just ignore him and let him write to himself.Before you say anything like what would i know about the troubles sammy g, my parents Relations have lived in the bogside all their lives and one of their children was killed by a ruc vehicle so i know plenty about the troubles and the hurt people have felt.However i feel very lucky to live in the south where i have loads of protestant and catholic friends and where religion doesn't matter.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

GweylTah

The quite deliberate murders of Protestant civilians at, for example, Enniskillen and Darkley, and the singling-out by the IRA of only sons of Protestant farmers near the border gives the lie to that attempt at rewriting history from 5Times, who was bragging earlier.

As to the massacre of Protestants at Kingsmills (while any Catholics were spared) putting an end to the killings of Catholics, that's nonsense, too.  The Provos killed dozens of Catholics in south Armagh/south Down over the years.

lynchbhoy

To SammyG et al.

My comments have been distorted by many of you so I will make them clear for you.

The IRA didnt normally attack ordinary Protestant civilllians. In cases like Kingsmill I feel (and the important bit here is that these are my own personal feelings) that although these deaths were a terrible event, they actually worked no more Catholics were killed in South Armagh since. Job Done.
Now you can take my comments as you wish, but it seems that you are happy enough that Loyalists murdered innocent Catholics on street corners, in their places of work and in their homes, they rarely targetted IRA members or indeed Republicans. Their motto was and correct me if Im wrong "any taig will do". If that sits ok with you, then dont pass comment on my views.

to a certain extent I would have agreed with you a number of years ago- and at times I half thought about it that maybe it would be giving 'them' (colluding brit/ruc/unionist/loyalist death squads etc) a bit of their own medicine by changing the modus operandi from selecting military targets to picking indiscriminate innocents like the colluding death squads /army and ruc did.
(yes I know the IRA killed some of their own and also innocents - but the MO was not to do this).
But I am glad that the IRA decided not to do so and maintained themselves as a cut above the low life that tried to use every dirty trick in the book to defeat the Oglaigh na heireann - but as the brit army has admitted - could never do so!

Things have moved on , so there is no point in debating in revisionist history with the well known forked tongues of dup loving unionism !
let them say what they want. Apartheid and oppression in the six counties has been beaten, we are on the road to a united country so remember to be gracious in victory !
:)

Tonto

Quote from: ziggysego on July 06, 2007, 02:50:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 06, 2007, 01:35:27 PM
Some serious double standards on the part of some northern members here:

Gweyltah's posts bring a hail of condemnation and statements of intent to filter out his contributions, while 5Times' wish that the IRA had not shown restraint and confined themselves to "legitimate" targets is ignored.

Well I have to admit, 5Time's comment did sit a little uneasy with me.

But yet you blocked GweylTah.

Just like other posters here.

It's OK to condone IRA violence, but not OK to say that they were defeated. >:(

Disgusting.