Our Wee country fans plan to Wreck Avivia stadium

Started by Peter Solan the Great, July 30, 2010, 05:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 30, 2010, 08:23:20 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on July 30, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: stibhan on July 30, 2010, 07:57:17 PM
Report that to the police immediately. I'm serious. If Jerome Quinn gets sacked for comments about coverage then how can someone not be at least reprimanded for that bollocks?

I made a comment telling them to cop on it was my first comment even though i have been a member there for 3 years and it seems i have since been banned. Anyone else have access to it? dont know about the Police though is it that serious? its a bit scummy alright but i'd say its half in jest?
Feelings are running pretty high on OWC at the moment - it's a hugely emotive issue and NI fans are hacked off by the decision. If you made your first post after waiting for 3 years, they have every right to suspect that you're trolling and consequently to prevent you accessing the site.

Well I got banned because my cousin picked ROI instead of NI..Had to register a different account to see all the vile hatred they posted about him....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on July 30, 2010, 08:23:00 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 30, 2010, 08:16:13 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on July 30, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
Quote from: stibhan on July 30, 2010, 07:57:17 PM
Report that to the police immediately. I'm serious. If Jerome Quinn gets sacked for comments about coverage then how can someone not be at least reprimanded for that bollocks?

I made a comment telling them to cop on it was my first comment even though i have been a member there for 3 years and it seems i have since been banned. Anyone else have access to it? dont know about the Police though is it that serious? its a bit scummy alright but i'd say its half in jest?

If there were 10's of people on that site saying that then I'd be concerned but you know you can get one nut job typing shite on any site. What is more interesting is why someone from Mayo would register with that site and why someone from Mayo would become infected with worry, from our northern friends, over a minority of imbeciles on another forum to such an extent as they would start a thread on it here?

Well it was not just him. The admin and others seemed to be backing him up. Me i like reading sports forums from this island this one required that you sign up before you could read them so i did. I'm Irish arent i? can i not be worried about my national stadium and the plans of bigots to come down and wreck it? This website is nearly as official as you can get for Northern Ireland football supporters and they seem to be advocating violence. I apologies if i upset you for putting up the thread.

I'm not upset, just don't understand why anyone would give a shite what some clown wants to do to the Aviva. If it worries you fire away...

Canalman

Saw the end of the USA v N of I in the Milk Cup tonight. Grovelling apology made by BBC to the keeper over something said earlier by a commentator. Massively curious.

Tony Baloney

Big Rab is probably some blue wkd addled spide from a loyalist cesspit so his comments are probably best ignored. Despite the terms and conditions of that site forbidding offensive comment you could bet your life he won't get a ban as everyone knows that site is administered by tramps.

OWC have a serious inferiority complex, and how could they not, playing that rat infested shithole in South Belfast.

The funny part is that these boys are cowards and know they'd get
The same medicine the English got when they started their nonsense in Lansdowne.

stibhan

'I feel like my wee country is being eroded away, being broken piece by piece by those aiming for one goal... the unification of Ireland.

We have this CAS decision, Mary McAleese opening up businesses among other things in Northern Ireland, the DUP step down to the Hunger Strike shrine at the Maze, terrorists in Government, Republic of Ireland being referred to as Ireland, news and sports headline stories originating from the South, public enquiries left right and centre, unionist/protestant halls and monuments being destroyed, top public/private jobs going the way of roman catholics/nationalists etc. etc.

Maybe its time for a Civil Rights Movement of our own?'

Deluded.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 30, 2010, 08:37:28 PM
Big Rab is probably some blue wkd addled spide from a loyalist cesspit so his comments are probably best ignored. Despite the terms and conditions of that site forbidding offensive comment you could bet your life he won't get a ban as everyone knows that site is administered by tramps.
OWC have a serious inferiority complex, and how could they not, playing that rat infested shithole in South Belfast.

The same medicine the English got when they started their nonsense in Lansdowne.
The site is better moderated than this one by quite a distance. You wouldn't away with the personal abuse, threats and invitations to have a fight that go on here. Not for a second.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 30, 2010, 08:42:20 PM

The site is better moderated than this one by quite a distance. You wouldn't away with the personal abuse, threats and invitations to have a fight that go on here. Not for a second.

But you can post anything you want about the "beggars" or be banned for disagreeing with their view....explain please
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Peter Solan the Great

Look i dont agree with you there, as i mentioned before i occasionally used to read up on stuff on that website and i'd be sickened afterwards and you could feel the bitterness through the computer screen, if i made a comment that i was going to burn down windsor on this or any other GAA site i dont think that i would be still there the next day.

stibhan

It's moderated to a 'better standard' in that the mods are more interventionist, perhaps, but the level of abuse that persists on that website which is 'allowed' by mods is such that you wouldn't find on here. It's only moderated better because there is a horrible imbalance of opinions on there. The very fact that you're decrying the personal abuse, threats and exhortations to fight demonstrates the autonomy of this forum working in full swing.

PS your man Rab obviously thinks I've rang up the Crimestoppers and all cause he's laughing away and making jokes. Hope I've given him some light relief anyway, the poor bastards need something to cheer them up on that cesspit of delusion, paranoia and misery.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 30, 2010, 08:44:37 PM

But you can post anything you want about the "beggars" or be banned for disagreeing with their view....explain please
I don't like the term 'beggars' and I've said so on the OWC site. Up until 5 minutes ago I haven't been banned yet. I disagree with people on there quite frequently and many disagree with some of my posts. So long as you do so within the rules - i.e no personal abuse, no trolling - nobody gets too steamed up about it. There are one or two from the GAA Board who post on OWC and while they take a bit of flak, they argue their corner and haven't been banned. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how and when you say it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 30, 2010, 08:44:37 PM

Exactly. Probably well moderated for the users of the site. Yet it appears anything goes with regards to vitriolic attacks on anything Irish and/or Catholic despite several references in the acceptable use conditions stating that use of the site for political means or offensive, vulgar posts are not tolerated. I also seem to remember someone saying that a mod released personal information on some of the posters. Can't sink much lower than that.

pintsofguinness

There's personal abuse, threats etc all the time on OWC - but they're made against the right people or stadiums so it's ok.

None of us would be able to do on there what you do here myles, we'd be banned.

I'd love to see the north's "supporters" start a riot - we all know what they'd get.

And all because they can't force young taigs to play for them. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magickingdom

some of the stuff posted on that site is vile and beyond comprehension and you know it, yet you still feel the need to defend it? why?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 30, 2010, 08:52:35 PM

There's personal abuse, threats etc all the time on OWC - but they're made against the right people or stadiums so it's ok.

None of us would be able to do on there what you do here myles, we'd be banned.I'd love to see the north's "supporters" start a riot - we all know what they'd get.

And all because they can't force young taigs to play for them.
Either back that up with direct reference to one of my posts, or withdraw it.

pintsofguinness

I point to all of your posts - stirring shit - people engage with you on this site on owc someone from here doing what you're doing here would be banned.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?