Tax i.e. robbing b*stards

Started by pintsofguinness, July 29, 2010, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

If you get an extra payment in your salary - one off and as a result the tax is f**king ridiculous! what way does it work.
I'm told that the robbing bastards will have assumed that's your new salary and adjusted your tax but when they realise the following month that you actually don't earn that every month you get it back.

Is that right or do you just have to suck it up.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

magickingdom

make sure your employer is taxing you on a cumulative basis and it will even out over the year.

prsi and levies are a different matter btw, wont get that back which can be significant

pintsofguinness

thanks - it's just income tax and national insurance I mean - so I should see less tax in the next pay packet...I better!

mylestheslasher

Pints - will you ever learn.

Get sacked, ride a couple of quer ones, get them up the pole as much as possible, apply for a council house, never get a job, go to the bookies, drink pints and become an alco,  but for f**k sake never ever do any work (except for cash of course). That is how to get on in this country

pintsofguinness

f**king right - do a bit of extra work and the bastards helps themselves to a very large chunk of your money!

lfdown2

Tax question folks;

What is the situation if I were transfering money from a overseas account on a semi regular basis, will the tax man find out and if so is it taxable? Bearing in mind that I am already paying tax on it in the country of origin?

stiffler

As a uk resident u shud be getting taxed on ur worldwide income, i.e. Ur uk income plus ur foreign income. You may be able to get the relief for ur foreign tax paid through ur uk return, depending on what country the foreign income arises, and if they have a double tax treaty with the uk.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gaaman

Quote from: stiffler on October 26, 2010, 07:43:07 AM
As a uk resident u shud be getting taxed on ur worldwide income, i.e. Ur uk income plus ur foreign income. You may be able to get the relief for ur foreign tax paid through ur uk return, depending on what country the foreign income arises, and if they have a double tax treaty with the uk.

What do you work at Stiffler?

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

lfdown2

Quote from: stiffler on October 26, 2010, 07:43:07 AM

It appears from a quick look at the tax website there is a double tax treaty in place with australia, need til look a bit closer at it.

Dont want til start transfering a few pound home only til get a tax bill!

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 29, 2010, 08:41:21 PM
If you get an extra payment in your salary - one off and as a result the tax is f**king ridiculous! what way does it work.
I'm told that the robbing b**tards will have assumed that's your new salary and adjusted your tax but when they realise the following month that you actually don't earn that every month you get it back.

Complete ball breaker this, I get a commission lump sum payment once a year and the amount that goes to tax would make you sick, you might as well not even get a bonus.  You are safer not working and thats the truth.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 26, 2010, 09:20:53 AM
I'm told that the robbing b**tards will have assumed that's your new salary and adjusted your tax but when they realise the following month that you actually don't earn that every month you get it back.

Complete ball breaker this, I get a commission lump sum payment once a year and the amount that goes to tax would make you sick, you might as well not even get a bonus.  You are safer not working and thats the truth.

Really?? 

Anyway, on to the point in hand - Pints, I thought you lived and worked in the UK?  If so, then you shouldn't have any irish tax to pay at all afaik, maybe some of the tax experts like shamrock shore can verify that.  It all depends on your circumstances though.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Bogball XV on October 26, 2010, 10:05:11 AM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 26, 2010, 09:20:53 AM

Really?? 

Yes, work related accidents are a regular occurance, just look at the statistics and claim being made against employers in recent years.  You are safer not working.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Rois

lol I think the i.e referred to "for example" not Ireland.

Did you ever get it back Pints?  I'd say your work payroll people will be used to those payments, did it right, and you prob didn't see too much of it again?

Re the Aussie question - are you defined as a non-resident, ie out of the country for a period of 6 months or more?  If that's the case, you're only taxable on income arising in the UK, ie any interest income you earn in the UK account.  If you've already paid tax in Oz then you're ok.  A friend of mine sends money home to pay her mortgage and won't be liable to any tax on it though liable to tax on the rent she gets from renting a room.  Just checked it out with a personal tax expert in work. 

pintsofguinness

I didnt see any of it Rois - the next pay packet was the same as the previous ones, same tax taken off me

I don't understand!?